View Full Version : When does Urban Design meet this week?

Spartan
12-15-2009, 11:11 PM
Hi guys. I'm trying to figure out when the Downtown Urban Design District meets, probably this week. The website is horrible..

City of Oklahoma City | Urban Design (http://www.okc.gov/planning/urban_des/index.html)

The current agenda is from 2007, they already replaced 2009's calender with 2010, and there is no telling when their December meeting is but former years' calenders (of minutes, not agendas) suggest that it will be the middle week of December, towards the end of it.

If anyone else is interested in mounting an opposition to SandRidge's plans, feel free to join me at the meeting. Hopefully it hasn't already passed because the next one is toward the end of January and I'll be back in Calgary for spring semester. So this is a great opportunity for me personally, plus it might be neat to get to meet some of the other people on OKC Talk.

George
12-16-2009, 05:35 AM
I believe the Downtown Design Review Committee has oversight for this area now, rather than the UDC. (I think this has been the case since the zoning ordinance was modified in December of 2007.)

LakeEffect
12-16-2009, 06:10 AM
The current agendas for the design review bodies are on the right hand side of the page: City of Oklahoma City | Planning (http://www.okc.gov/planning/index.html)

If you are worried about Sandridge, then you need to go to Downtown Design Review.

Spartan
12-16-2009, 12:41 PM
See, I feel like these committees change names on me all the time. Or I like to call them random things or something like that. I've been to meetings for OCURA and DUD/DDR/whatever before but it's hard to decide to show up without planning in advance..

Would be kind of cool if we had a group of citizens who frequently crashed OCURA/design committees and City Council.

Tomorrow at 9.30 in the Council Chambers.

Pete
12-16-2009, 12:45 PM
Good for you, Spartan. More of us should act rather than just griping on a message board.

If I still lived there, I would go to as many of these things as I could.

Spartan
12-16-2009, 12:49 PM
Same. Hard for me to take credit for being involved and going to many meetings when I go to school across international borders..

LakeEffect
12-17-2009, 06:00 AM
The last name change was in 2007 when the Downtown Design Review Committee was created.

lasomeday
12-17-2009, 10:57 AM
The next regular Urban Design Commission meeting is Wednesday, January 27, 2010 at City Council Chamber, 3rd Floor of the Municipal Building, 200 N. Walker Avenue, Oklahoma City, OK. New applications and information on continued projects are to be submitted to staff by 5:00 p.m., Wednesday, December 29, 2009.