View Full Version : Oklahoma City school board passes protection for gay pupils

gmwise
12-15-2009, 07:27 AM
NewsOK (http://newsok.com/oklahoma-city-school-board-passes-protection-for-gay-pupils/article/3425049?custom_click=headlines_widget)

Thank you.

oneforone
12-15-2009, 12:55 PM
I do not have an issue with the rule/regulation.

It would have made more sense if they would have issued blanket coverage for all students. Harrassment of any kind should be prohibited. Every student should be protected from physical and verbal abuse. You cannot engage in that behavior in the workplace so the same rule should apply in the school system.

School is designed to prepare you for the workforce or the college classroom. Respect for all persons should be the standard rule.

gmwise
12-15-2009, 01:55 PM
I do not have an issue with the rule/regulation.

It would have made more sense if they would have issued blanket coverage for all students. Harrassment of any kind should be prohibited. Every student should be protected from physical and verbal abuse. You cannot engage in that behavior in the workplace so the same rule should apply in the school system.

School is designed to prepare you for the workforce or the college classroom. Respect for all persons should be the standard rule.

I agree the already in place rule should be enough, but sometime in the future some damn fool will claim he/she didnt know it meant this group or another.

RedDirt717
12-15-2009, 02:06 PM
Sally Kern is going to **** herself.

gmwise
12-15-2009, 02:16 PM
i really hope you were using the "off" word.

fuzzytoad
12-15-2009, 06:36 PM
NewsOK (http://newsok.com/oklahoma-city-school-board-passes-protection-for-gay-pupils/article/3425049?custom_click=headlines_widget)

Thank you.

Where's the equality for transgendered straight kids??

And don't forget hermaphroditic, gender neutral students who haven't yet decided where their preferences or style of dress-code lay!!

We need to push for letting these Kids run for BOTH king AND queen of the prom. on ONE BALLOT!!

It would make the victory dances go by faster..

And cut down on crown/tiara purchases..

ronronnie1
12-21-2009, 01:56 AM
^^^Sorry, but the rule doesn't protect HOMOPHOBIC students.

fuzzytoad
12-21-2009, 08:09 AM
^^^Why do you hate straight transexual students?

RedDirt717
12-21-2009, 04:17 PM
^^^Why do you hate straight transexual students?

and freedom?

:poke:

dismayed
12-21-2009, 06:29 PM
We love you just the way you are, toady.

ronronnie1
12-22-2009, 02:52 PM
^^^Love it!

fuzzytoad
12-22-2009, 03:09 PM
^^^Love it!

?? Love what?

ManiacalPope
01-12-2010, 10:30 PM
I think It's a great thing and all but I don't see why it can't be no bad acts based on discrimination at all. It baffles me that they have to specify 'don't be mean to gays' or 'don't be mean to such and such races' and things of that sort. I believe it should just be that as long as a person's personal life and views and choices don't harm others then the only negativity they should face is people disagreeing with them in a civil manner. People will be offended and view things like homosexuality as evil but I don't really believe something being offensive counts as a proper amount of harm being done. Having freedom requires that people are going to be offended and regularly. My mind spins at how something so simple can be made so complicated.