View Full Version : Mark Ingram wins the Heisman

Wishbone
12-13-2009, 06:44 AM
First Alabama player to ever win one. Closest vote in Heisman history too with Gerhart finishing second.

circled9
12-13-2009, 09:04 AM
Too bad that Mack never taught Colt what the rules were on when the clock stops. I am sure that it would have been difficult for any heisman voter to vote for a quarterback who didnt know such an important rule. Obviously I say this tongue in cheek. Bama is going to roll over the Longhorns.

bluedogok
12-13-2009, 09:11 AM
The fact is Colt and Tebow did not have as good of years (statistically) as they had last year and in most voters minds, they were competing against their own stats from last year as they were against other players.

I am glad one of those big events is finished, a bit tired of hearing about Colt down here, now Bama just needs to finish the job and things can return to normal again...well as normal as it can living in the land of the Whorns.

rcjunkie
12-13-2009, 12:04 PM
Heisman was established as an award to the "Best College Player" should have went to Ndamukong Suh, most dominate player in years.

nik4411
12-13-2009, 12:15 PM
Suh was deserving, and I just have to ask how can you vote Mark Ingram as the Heisman winner when he is the number 2 running back. Gerhart had an amazing season, and had better numbers everywhere.

Oh well, congrats to Ingram. Pretty crazy to think that he is the first ever Heisman Trophy winner from the University of Alabama.

MikeOKC
12-13-2009, 12:19 PM
Suh was deserving, and I just have to ask how can you vote Mark Ingram as the Heisman winner when he is the number 2 running back. Gerhart had an amazing season, and had better numbers everywhere.

Oh well, congrats to Ingram. Pretty crazy to think that he is the first ever Heisman Trophy winner from the University of Alabama.

I agree. Gerhart was tops in every major RB stat.

Wishbone
12-13-2009, 03:14 PM
I think the reason was is because Ingram didn't have as many carries as Gerhart. Ingram also posted 150+ yard games against some of their best foes.
I would of had no problem if Gerhart or Suh would of won it either.

village idiot
12-14-2009, 11:58 AM
Thought it was interesting Steve Owens, Jason White and Sam Bradford didn't make it but Ole Billy was first man in line for the party!

MadMonk
12-14-2009, 12:04 PM
Did you see Billy hold the "Boomer" sign up? He's just embarrassing.

bombermwc
12-16-2009, 07:19 AM
Congrats to Ingram for sure. Roll Tide...beat them horns!

You know what kept Tebow out? Those tears....that's right, I said it.