View Full Version : We're getting Groupon

betts
12-09-2009, 08:55 AM
My daughter lives in Chicago, and said she recently discovered Oklahoma City is going to be part of this. She says she checks every day, and uses it all the time. So, sign up if you're interested.

How It Works:

Each day we feature something cool to do at an unbeatable price.
You only get it if enough people join that day… so invite your friends!
Check back the next day for another awesome Groupon

Welcome to Groupon: A Deal of the Day on Fun Things to Do in Oklahoma City (http://www.groupon.com/oklahoma-city/subscriptions/new)

JuJuBeans
12-09-2009, 12:13 PM
Thanks Betts! I signed up. Also, my bf is from Chicago (Arlington Heights to be exact) I love Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg!!

betts
12-09-2009, 03:16 PM
Thanks Betts! I signed up. Also, my bf is from Chicago (Arlington Heights to be exact) I love Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg!!

Don't know that one. My daughter is an assistant manager at Anthropologie on State Street, and the only malls I know are the ones with that store in it. She and my other daughter live in Ukrainian Village, which is just south of Bucktown. Lots of great shopping and dining in their neighborhood. Chicago is a great city.

betts
02-22-2010, 11:51 AM
I just got my first groupon coupon today: $8 for $20 worth of food at the Bricktown Brewery. I just got back from Chicago, where we took advantage of several groupons while I was there. This is going to be a useful thing to belong to, I think.

tuck
02-22-2010, 11:54 AM
We are giving Groupon a shot this Friday...look for the Market-C deal!

Steve
02-22-2010, 11:58 AM
Mount Washington Resort Scam (http://www.groupon.com/community/discussion/2833/topics/7756)

betts
02-22-2010, 12:07 PM
My daughters use it all the time in Chicago and have been doing so since they moved there. They've never once had a problem.

Steve
02-22-2010, 12:12 PM
Groupon.com Reviews by Consumers - SiteJabber (http://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.groupon.com)

metro
02-22-2010, 12:38 PM
Got the first OKC Groupon offer today. It was like 60% or 80% off at the Bricktown Brewery.

betts
02-22-2010, 01:28 PM
I suspect the coupon is only as good as the business that offers it, rather than being a reflection of Groupon. I would be shocked if the Bricktown Brewery coupon weren't valid. However, if it's a fly by night company, and one anticipates being able to use the coupon in a year, perhaps that's a bit optimistic. I know nothing about Groupon besides the fact that it is enthusiastically endorsed by my daughters, but I would assume no one is holding a gun to a business' collective head, forcing them to participate. So, I would say consider the source when purchasing a coupon and, it's probably better to use it sooner rather than later.

Becka
02-22-2010, 09:41 PM
I just signed up. I'm all about saving money. Thanks for sharing!

redrunner
02-26-2010, 08:22 AM
Just got notice of another Groupon offer. $8 for $30 worth of quality take out food and drinks at Market C! I stocked up!

kevinpate
02-26-2010, 08:24 AM
Looks like you can nab up a Market C offer anytime this weekend, unless there is a limit on total available offers.

metro
02-26-2010, 08:27 AM
There was a limit of 1 per person, I bought 4 to give the rest as gifts. Excellent deal, $8 for a $30 Market C gift certificate.

redrunner
02-26-2010, 08:35 AM
Does the limit of 1 per person mean I can only use one certificate in one year since they expire after one year? I bought 3 extra so does that mean I can't go back 3 times within a year to use my gift certificate? I don't understand that concept.

If that's the case I can always gift them or bring a different friend every time we go to Market C.

metro
02-26-2010, 09:08 AM
That's the way it read to me, that you can only use one per person per year. But it said you could by multiple certificates to gift to people.

angel27
02-27-2010, 07:38 PM
I bought three coupons before I knew I couldn't use them all,so I gifted one to my husband and one to my son. We visited Market C today and had a ball - so much wonderful stuff to choose from. All very good! Thanks Tuck. So nice to have you guys there.

tuck
03-01-2010, 09:41 AM
I bought three coupons before I knew I couldn't use them all,so I gifted one to my husband and one to my son. We visited Market C today and had a ball - so much wonderful stuff to choose from. All very good! Thanks Tuck. So nice to have you guys there.

Glad you enjoyed yourselves!!