View Full Version : 29 years

so1rfan
12-08-2009, 06:15 PM
December 8th is a double dark day in music.

It was 29 years ago when John Lennon was shot and killed. It was just five years ago "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott suffered the same fate.

I was nineteen when Lennon died. I heard the news over the radio and I was in complete shock. I found out about Dimebag the day after he died, I read it on the internet.

Strange days indeed...

LordGerald
12-08-2009, 08:29 PM

It was 29 years ago when John Lennon was shot and killed. It was just five years ago "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott suffered the same fate.

I was nineteen when Lennon died. I heard the news over the radio and I was in complete shock. I found out about Dimebag the day after he died, I read it on the internet.

Strange days indeed...

Found out about Lennon the next day. Dad left the paper out on the dining room table for me as I got ready to go to school. Still remember reading the headline over and over until I had to go catch the bus.

papaOU
12-09-2009, 02:52 AM

Strange days indeed...

I heard about Lennon at work the next morning.

rcjunkie
12-09-2009, 05:04 AM
What, Lennon's dead------my bad, never was a Beatles fan.
The real tragedy happened Aug, 27, 1990, when Stevie Ray Vaughn perished in a helicopter crash, now that was talent.

grantgeneral78
12-09-2009, 08:16 AM
Yeah for days it was all yoko all day.

papaOU
12-09-2009, 02:34 PM
The real tragedy happened Aug, 27, 1990, when Stevie Ray Vaughn perished in a helicopter crash, now that was talent.

Does not compare in any way to the talent and genius of Frank Zappa! Died December 4, 1993.

Vaughn could not hold a candle to Lennon!

Wait a minute.

What's with all the December deaths?

Matt
12-09-2009, 02:45 PM
Strange days indeed...

Funny wording. December 8 is also Jim Morrison's birthday. He would have been 66 yesterday.

gen70
12-10-2009, 02:49 AM
Nobody told me thered be days like these...Strange days indeed..

papaOU
12-10-2009, 08:42 PM
Nobody told me thered be days like these...Strange days indeed..

Mama said there would be days like this, there would be days like this, mama said, mama said...............:gossip: