View Full Version : I am so mad, I could beat someone (MAPS related)

megax11
12-08-2009, 03:29 PM
Okay, so if anyone here knows my dilema.

My grandmother was hurt in an accident, where she was ran over by some 12 year old who was driving on a carwash parking lot.

She's well and living on her own, but gets confused sometimes thanks to the accident.

Well my grandmother calls me today, telling me some idiotic lady I used to have huge respect for named Margie, ran into my grandmother and said something like this.

"Can you please do me a favor, and come to the church with me and vote NO for Maps, or else my husband will lose his job as a firefighter."

So my grandmother blindly went over there and voted no, because she thought she was helping her husband.

Now this is where my grandmother was exploited (a person who doesn't know any better.) First off this twit Margie's husband is retired, and no longer works with anything firefighter related. They just want to vote no because of the job he USED to have.

Second off, she knows my grandmother doesn't remember well, so she said her husband was still active, which he isn't.

I seriously want to go mess up this ladies house or something, because no one messes over my grandmother. No one I know should ever exploit someone who doesn't know any better, regardless.

This really ticks me off, and it goes to show how sad people can be when they want something to go there way.

Humans shame me at times. Downright dispicable.

circuitboard
12-08-2009, 03:36 PM
That is crap! Boy these no voters are really crazy!

megax11
12-08-2009, 03:40 PM
I've known this lady my whole life, but if you want to be my enemy, you will mess over my grandmother somehow.

I am now ready to tear this ladies head off, and replace it with her colon, only for the sheer fact she lied to my grandmother, and exploited her into a NO vote, when my grandmother thought she was helping, but didn't know she was helping a liar.

Kerry
12-08-2009, 03:50 PM
This story is outrageous! Any chance your grandmother got 'confused' and voted yes? I don't know what I would do in this situation either but I would be just as pissed.

bbhill
12-08-2009, 04:01 PM
While the not this maps people have valid concerns and reasons for voting no, many of the tactics they are using to sway voters are very concerning. . . especially the police/firefighter crew. . . =/ (I'm generalizing, obviously there are many civilized anti-maps ppl out there)

megax11
12-08-2009, 04:41 PM
Nah, she said she voted no after this margie lady told her, her husband would lose his job, despite the fact he is already retired.

My grandmother said she was just trying to help.

jbrown84
12-08-2009, 05:02 PM
I would go over there and ring her doorbell and give her a big piece of my mind if I were you. She will have absolutely no defense for her disgusting behavior.

PennyQuilts
12-08-2009, 05:17 PM
Oh for god's sake. I hope you didn't make a big deal of it and upset your grandmother. It shouldn't have happened but getting her upset about something that is already done doesn't help your grandmother. PLEASE tell me that you just nodded your head and told granny that that one vote didn't make a bit of difference.

And you didn't say one way or the other the way your grandmother would have voted, otherwise. I am going to flat out say it - your fury is not about her being exploited. It is about you over reacting.

I am sorry that I am not more sympathetic to her being "exploited." I am too busy being horrified that the poor woman had to deal with a grandson who is acting like the world is coming to an end.

Honestly. To say you wanted to go mess up the home of a retired women. Or tear off her head. What the hell is wrong with you??? PLEASE tell me that you didn't make your grandmother listen to that hysteria.

purplemonkeythief
12-08-2009, 05:23 PM
I agree with PennyQuilts..

Would she have voted to begin with? If she did, it would have obviously been an uninformed vote.

Also, have you considered that Margie is being misquoted(or misunderstood) and that she was also duped by the Unions with some sort of nonsense like that her husband would lose his pension, or lose benefits or something else like that?

I really wouldn't put it past the union reps to lie to or try and confuse older, retired members with misinformation in order to get a No vote.

progressiveboy
12-08-2009, 05:24 PM
Oh for god's sake. I hope you didn't make a big deal of it and upset your grandmother. It shouldn't have happened but getting her upset about something that is already done doesn't help your grandmother. PLEASE tell me that you just nodded your head and told granny that that one vote didn't make a bit of difference.

And you didn't say one way or the other the way your grandmother would have voted, otherwise. I am going to flat out say it - your fury is not about her being exploited. It is about you over reacting.

I am sorry that I am not more sympathetic to her being "exploited." I am too busy being horrified that the poor woman had to deal with a grandson who is acting like the world is coming to an end.

Honestly. To say you wanted to go mess up the home of a retired women. Or tear off her head. What the hell is wrong with you??? PLEASE tell me that you didn't make your grandmother listen to that hysteria. Agree! That would be going to a extreme to say the least, however, he should at least tell the neighbor that she should feel ashamed of herself for trying to deceive and lie to get her way. Hopefully she will feel the shame (lol).

megax11
12-08-2009, 06:39 PM

Honestly. To say you wanted to go mess up the home of a retired women. Or tear off her head. What the hell is wrong with you??? PLEASE tell me that you didn't make your grandmother listen to that hysteria.

I told her not to worry about it.

But when I see this ***** that lives across the street from her, she'll see just how blunt I am in life.

Seriously, when someone ***** with my grandma, there is hell to pay.

I always give my grandmother words of comfort, no matter what.

She would have voted yes because she believes in the future, knowing she won't be around forever, she is more interested in the future, than being greedy over a stinking penny we've been paying since 1993. That's why I love her, and grew up based on her actions in life. Not believing in greed like the union does when contracts are up for negotiations.

I can't wait until I see this lady again. Funny how one day can change 31 years of respect for someone you had a lot of respect for. She ****** with the wrong person's grandmother. Believe that.

She used my grandmother, while lying in the process, for her own personal bitter-filled benefit. I can't wait for divine retribution to slap her square across the face.

PennyQuilts
12-08-2009, 06:54 PM
What would your grandmother want you to do?

If you confront this neighbor, is it going to embarass your grandmother or make her feel uncomfortable. Is it worth it?

Most older people rely on their neighbors for companionship. I'm not defending the neighbor but if you make a stink about it, how will that effect your grandmother? Again, is it worth it? Because I know you are upset that someone would mess with your grandmother. You are upset and want to say anything. But at the end of the day, since you love your grandmother so much, I hope you don't do anything that will upset her or make her unhappy.

It is easy enough to make sure she isn't taken advantage of at another election. It is not so easy to get her back a friend. If she feels exploited, seems like she should be the one to say something to the neighbor. If she won't, maybe it is because she doesn't want to. Maybe it isn't that big a deal to her. I'm just saying.

Just be careful that you don't cause your grandmother concern unless you absolutely have to. She has loved you and you love her back. But her friends may be very important to her, too. And at her age, they say a strong social life is very important for their health. You mentioned that you have known this neighbor for many years. It sounds like she has a strong relationship with your grandmother. Imagine if your grandmother was sitting at home, lonely, if the neighbor decided she no longer wanted anything to do with your grandmother after you accused her of taking advantage of her. You have to decide for yourself what is most important but it would break my heart if I did something with good intentions but the result was that my grandmother lost a friend at her age. They are losing friends pretty fast under the best of circumstances.

I think it is nice that you love your grandmother. Sometimes it is hard to know the best way to show that love. I hope it turns out well.

I miss my nana. She was a good one, too.

kevinpate
12-08-2009, 06:56 PM
Think of it this way. Lots of folks live next to not so nice folks who may tend to shade things their way. Life is like that.

On the bright side, you know not to ask that person to be the one checking in on your relative now. That counts for something.

Spartan
12-08-2009, 06:59 PM

Do you not realize that when you're representing a campaign and lobbying for one side or the other there is a code of ETHICS in what you say to someone? You don't just flat out lie to them.

I get it that you're old school. But there's a better way to do things than old school, ma'am. That's why we stick to a code of ethics and don't just lie to people, cuz heck, what's the difference..they should vote no anyway.

It's beyond me how these people are so passionate that MAPS 3 should be a bake sale for public safety.

megax11
12-08-2009, 07:02 PM
Penny me talking to her would be that.

I would tell her how bad she is for exploiting a woman who just went through the most traumatic experience of her 74 years of existance.

She can't think that straight as of now, since she still has crust on the part of her brain affecting memory, and this lady across the street exploited that memory loss, acting as though her husband still worked for the fire department, when he doesn't work at all.

I can't believe the lady would do something like that, as I've known her all my life, and she was nice. Makes me sick to think she would go this low, for the not this maps coalition.

PennyQuilts
12-08-2009, 07:03 PM
Do you not realize that when you're representing a campaign and lobbying for one side or the other there is a code of ETHICS in what you say to someone? You don't just flat out lie to them.

I get it that you're old school. But there's a better way to do things than old school, ma'am. That's why we stick to a code of ethics and don't just lie to people, cuz heck, what's the difference..they should vote no anyway.

It's beyond me how these people are so passionate that MAPS 3 should be a bake sale for public safety.

What are you talking about? I didn't really even address the neighbor. I was concerned about granny. She is not well and I hate to see her upset.

Wambo36
12-08-2009, 07:12 PM
Penny me talking to her would be that.

I would tell her how bad she is for exploiting a woman who just went through the most traumatic experience of her 74 years of existance.

She can't think that straight as of now, since she still has crust on the part of her brain affecting memory, and this lady across the street exploited that memory loss, acting as though her husband still worked for the fire department, when he doesn't work at all.

I can't believe the lady would do something like that, as I've known her all my life, and she was nice. Makes me sick to think she would go this low, for the not this maps coalition.

The first thing you need to do, if you insist on confronting the neighbor, is ask her what she said to your grandmother. It sounds like it's possible your grandmother might be mistaken as to what she was told. Not saying she is, but it sounds like the possibility exists. From what your saying it sounds a little out of character for the neighbor.

mugofbeer
12-08-2009, 07:13 PM
I'm in agreement with the folks above. Gramma is old and her friend is her friend. Let things be but keep a closer eye on the friend.

dismayed
12-08-2009, 09:32 PM
The no voters have been acting like the mafia for the last two months... so this is sad yes, but surprising? No.

EDIT: Actually I take that back. I mean no disrespect to the mafia.

soonerguru
12-08-2009, 10:41 PM
The first thing you need to do, if you insist on confronting the neighbor, is ask her what she said to your grandmother. It sounds like it's possible your grandmother might be mistaken as to what she was told. Not saying she is, but it sounds like the possibility exists. From what your saying it sounds a little out of character for the neighbor.

You're not really paying attention. Why would the grandmother just make up the fact that her friend's husband was going to lose his job if she didn't vote no? That's ridiculous.

OKC@heart
12-08-2009, 10:48 PM
Congratulations to OKC on the Passage of The MAPS III initiative! The good times will continue to roll on into the future! The naysayers and sign thieves have the signs as a painful reminder of their own ignorance. The best part is that even they win in this outcome! Due to the economic benefits created by this plan, there will be more to support the Fire and Police of this city. So hooray for all of us!

PennyQuilts
12-09-2009, 05:52 AM
You're not really paying attention. Why would the grandmother just make up the fact that her friend's husband was going to lose his job if she didn't vote no? That's ridiculous.

Remember, she has been ill, she is elderly, and when asked by a hot headed young grandson how she voted, it might be better to blame the neighbor than take responsibility for a vote that drove him insane?

Wambo36
12-09-2009, 08:53 AM

How am I not paying attention? In his first post he said the his grandmother had been in an accident and as a result she was sometimes confused. My only point was that, if he insists on confronting the neighbor, he might want to use some tact until his suspicions are confirmed. Not doing that would seem ridiculous to me.

betts
12-09-2009, 08:58 AM
Although your grandmother was taken advantage of, it's time to let bygones be bygones, I think. However, if there's another election, I might volunteer to take grandma to the polls, if I were you.

USG '60
12-09-2009, 09:16 AM
Do, please, for grandma's sake, let it rest and as betts said take her to the poles next time. I am quite sure Margie was not intentionally being "evil," but felt she was doing the right thing.

mugofbeer
12-09-2009, 09:21 AM
Do, please, for grandma's sake, let it rest and as betts said take her to the poles next time. I am quite sure Margie was not intentionally being "evil," but felt she was doing the right thing.

If it came down the way it was described, Margie took advantage of Grandma. But I still agree, Margie is Grandma's friend and Grandma is old. Leave it be but watch Grandma a lot more closely when Margie's around.