View Full Version : Will the Thunder deal Collison and Thomas after this season?

warreng88
12-08-2009, 09:43 AM
I bring this up because except for a couple of games, they haven't had a lot of scoring influence. Also, they make a combined $14,156,088 a year. That could clear up a lot of space to try to push for a Chris Bosh, Okafor or maybe push for Tyson Chandler again.

RedDirt717
12-08-2009, 01:52 PM
I bring this up because except for a couple of games, they haven't had a lot of scoring influence. Also, they make a combined $14,156,088 a year. That could clear up a lot of space to try to push for a Chris Bosh, Okafor or maybe push for Tyson Chandler again.

I'd like to keep Collison around as a veteran guy for 2-3 million a year. He's a scrapper and I always like watching him play because he plays hard and in full force every time he's on the court. He earns his spot.

Thomas is on the back nine, I imagine he'll sign a contract for league minimum as a free agent, but I doubt he'll stick around OKC.

windowphobe
12-08-2009, 04:31 PM
Collison has one more year on his contract; I suspect he won't be going anywhere. (And he's due for a $500k raise.)

Thomas will be a free agent; he might stick around, at somewhere near the veteran's minimum, but I see him being dangled as trade bait later in the season, what with his expiring contract and all. (The trade deadline is generally in mid-February.)

Laramie
12-14-2009, 11:44 AM
Good chance that they might deal one; however, I doubt if they deal both, they still want to stay under the CAP!

You still need that veteran toughess inside that Collison and Thomas affords this young team.