blangtang
12-07-2009, 10:17 PM
where?

nik4411
12-07-2009, 10:28 PM
your house?

kevinpate
12-07-2009, 10:28 PM
I'm aware of a rumor, and it is only that, just for Shannon and some NTM'ers, Tobey Keith may rename his place for one night to the I Love this MAPs Bar & Grill
8^)

betts
12-08-2009, 03:53 AM
It is at the Myriad, I think. Somebody told me, and I forgot. I'm not a big fan of watch parties, so I didn't stick it in the long-term memory bank.

kevinpate
12-08-2009, 05:24 AM
Yessers to the Cox Business Center, NTM'ers no clue. Maybe their respective union halls for the F and P, and then perhaps a Taco bell somewhere for their 250 supporters who each slipped them a buck. Nah, that's just cheesy of me. I'm sure they also have some party hole to commiserate.

iron76hd
12-08-2009, 06:06 AM
Yessers to the Cox Business Center, NTM'ers no clue. Maybe their respective union halls for the F and P, and then perhaps a Taco bell somewhere for their 250 supporters who each slipped them a buck. Nah, that's just cheesy of me. I'm sure they also have some party hole to commiserate.
You'll be down in NORMAN right Kevin? :bright_id

iron76hd
12-08-2009, 06:07 AM
It is at the Myriad, I think. Somebody told me, and I forgot. I'm not a big fan of watch parties, so I didn't stick it in the long-term memory bank.
Watch it from the house. It's not going to be pretty.:whiteflag

OSUFan
12-08-2009, 06:23 AM

Funny you don't have a problem with the union heads living in Norman and Newcastle.

Kerry
12-08-2009, 06:29 AM
Funny you don't have a problem with the union heads living in Norman and Newcastle.

Wait a minute - the Union heads for OKC PD and Fire live in Norman and Newcastle? You are kidding right?

OSUFan
12-08-2009, 06:32 AM
I wish I was. Of course Iron has no problem with that.

kevinpate
12-08-2009, 08:46 AM

Most likely. Grandbaby in da haus trumps watch party six ways to sunday.

I'm in favor of MAPs, don't mind bringing my tax dollars to OKC after it passes, but no party is more important than family. besides, who knows, I might even run into one of the union chiefs while I'm out for a bag of chips.

As I won't likely be in town, here's a helpful hint iron .. once the returns start to roll in, if you turn your head slightly to the right, your tears will miss your beer.

kevinpate
12-08-2009, 08:53 AM
Wait a minute - the Union heads for OKC PD and Fire live in Norman and Newcastle? You are kidding right?

In fairness to the union heads, while it is a fun lil' fact they live elsewhere, it's on the up and up as there is no legal requirement for them to live in the OKC limits.

Actually, as I understand it, lots of the rank and file for public safety choose not to live within OKC limits. I don't know if that holds true for other city departments or not.

For those that live in Norman, which is where I've been the past couple of decades, I don't blame 'em one bit. Nice place down here, but it's fun to come to OKC as well, more so now than when I first came to this part of the state in the mid 80's, way more fun now.

OSUFan
12-08-2009, 08:59 AM
I personally could care less where they live. I just think it is odd that Iron has a problem with those who are for this that live outside of OKC but not his ouwn leadership.

Kerry
12-08-2009, 09:19 AM
In fairness to the union heads, while it is a fun lil' fact they live elsewhere, it's on the up and up as there is no legal requirement for them to live in the OKC limits.

Actually, as I understand it, lots of the rank and file for public safety choose not to live within OKC limits. I don't know if that holds true for other city departments or not.

For those that live in Norman, which is where I've been the past couple of decades, I don't blame 'em one bit. Nice place down here, but it's fun to come to OKC as well, more so now than when I first came to this part of the state in the mid 80's, way more fun now.

As a former municipal employee for a small government in Florida, I didn't live in the city I worked for either. However, I didn't have decision making authority. It seems to me that if you can spend city dollars (over a certain limit), make policy, or otherwise direct how city functions run, then you should have to live in the city you work for. But that might be a discussion for another thread.

ThePlainsman
12-08-2009, 09:34 AM
All local donut shops? Just kidding! I'm surprised that nobody beat me to this.

jbrown84
12-08-2009, 12:11 PM
Porter Davis and his buddies are having their watchparty at T: and Urban Teahouse on N. May.

RedDirt717
12-08-2009, 01:54 PM
I've been volunteering on the campaign, got an email that the YES for MAPS3 watch party will be at the COX convention center at 7 pm in ballroom C.

I'll be there hope to see some of you there too to celebrate our pending victory.

Doug Loudenback
12-08-2009, 03:27 PM
I only got an informal invite (from my friend Dean Schirf) ... but I'm planning to attend with my camera and do a story, whether it's sad or happy. Hope to meet some of you there.

OKCMallen
12-08-2009, 04:22 PM
I think it's for about anyone. I received one over Facebook from two different sources.

hoya
12-08-2009, 05:09 PM
I've got a good feeling about this. I'm actually very excited right now. Rumor is it's about 59% Yes. If that holds true, it means the people of Oklahoma City have faith in their local government, and are willing to invest in their own city. You realize how uncommon that is today?

If this goes through as I think it will, it's... it's going to mean we're becoming a truly innovative and progressive city. I can't stop smiling right now.

Urban Pioneer
12-08-2009, 05:20 PM
Porter Davis and his buddies are having their watchparty at T: and Urban Teahouse on N. May.

That seems like an odd place to have a watch party. Just saying.

shane453
12-08-2009, 05:53 PM
I've got a good feeling about this. I'm actually very excited right now. Rumor is it's about 59% Yes. If that holds true, it means the people of Oklahoma City have faith in their local government, and are willing to invest in their own city. You realize how uncommon that is today?

If this goes through as I think it will, it's... it's going to mean we're becoming a truly innovative and progressive city. I can't stop smiling right now.

Yes!!

Does anyone know which channel will have best coverage or if anything will be streaming online at 7?

jbrown84
12-08-2009, 06:38 PM
That seems like an odd place to have a watch party. Just saying.

LOL it was a joke!

megax11
12-08-2009, 07:23 PM
JUMP ON IT! JUMP ON IT!

I love that song they're playing during this watch party.

Reminds me of Will and Carlton in that club. Calrton gets tossed, LOL!

jbrown84
12-08-2009, 10:50 PM
The P&F watch party had a whopping 100 people. LOL. That's some impressive support from the rank and file members.

Doug Loudenback
12-08-2009, 11:21 PM
I'm in the process of editing and posting watch party pics now in Doug Dawgz Blog: You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet (http://dougdawg.blogspot.com/2009/12/you-aint-seen-nothing-yet.html) . They should all be up within and hour or so.

rcjunkie
12-08-2009, 11:26 PM
I'm in the process of editing and posting watch party pics now in Doug Dawgz Blog: You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet (http://dougdawg.blogspot.com/2009/12/you-aint-seen-nothing-yet.html) . They should all be up within and hour or so.

Doug, your blogs are awesome, I really enjoy your articles and pictures, but I do have one question---when do you sleep?

Take care and keep up the Great Work!!

Thundercitizen
12-08-2009, 11:31 PM
Doug, your blogs are awesome, I really enjoy your articles and pictures, but I do have one question---when do you sleep?

Take care and keep up the Great Work!!That is a great question. He donates various works of art to the OKCThunderfans.com site, as well. Great stuff Doug.

kevinpate
12-09-2009, 06:07 AM
Many many thanks to Doug, on numerous levels.

I likes having me a hero.

Doug Loudenback
12-09-2009, 06:40 AM
Thanks, guys.

betts
12-09-2009, 07:08 AM
:yourock:

I'm not an emoticon fan, but Doug, you're worthy of this one, for sure.

Doug Loudenback
12-09-2009, 07:17 AM
You are one swell chick, Betts! I figured you'd be at the watch party ... if you were, I couldn't find you.