View Full Version : Mark Shannon wants to pistol whip the Mayor

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

OkcMetal
12-07-2009, 06:11 PM
What has happened to civil discussion in Oklahoma City? Why can we not discuss issues without wanting to harm each other? Why do we let "Nuts", destroy what America is based upon? Civil disussion, where Right to free speech was meant build, not tear down. Mark Shannon ktok radio, again has threatened our Mayor with bodily harm. On air, mr. Mark Shannon stated. about Mick Cornett, "I just want to pistol whip him". His last show, he wanted to burn the mayors house. Wow!! Lets see, Pistol whip, or burn his house?? are not threats illegall?? and the police UNION supports him???

soonerguru
12-07-2009, 08:34 PM
What has happened to civil discussion in Oklahoma City? Why can we not discuss issues without wanting to harm each other? Why do we let "Nuts", destroy what America is based upon? Civil disussion, where Right to free speech was meant build, not tear down. Markkk Shannon ktok radio, again has threatened our Mayor with bodily harm. On air, mr. Markkk Shannon stated. about Mick Cornett, "I just want to pistol whip him". His last show, he wanted to burn the mayors house. Wow!! Lets see, Pistol whip, or burn his house?? are not threats illegall?? and the police UNION supports him???

He could be arrested for this. That's what he's hoping will happen, then he can act like the angry white martyr for the wingnut cause. This is the same kind of stuff Beck does, although Beck falls short of advocating assassination.

iron76hd
12-07-2009, 08:41 PM
He could be arrested for this.

Really? :LolLolLol

wsucougz
12-07-2009, 08:44 PM
The guy is a complete hack and his website is garbage. Let's not give him any free publicity.

progressiveboy
12-07-2009, 08:46 PM
It sounds like Mark Shannon's cheese has slipped of his cracker..........Pretty sad.

soonerguru
12-07-2009, 08:48 PM
It sounds like Mark Shannon's cheese has slipped of his cracker..........Pretty sad.

Or more likely, he's gotten word that his crusade against MAPS is going to fail tomorrow, and he's lashing out. He probably hopes some nutjob is listening and will carry out his violent fantasy.

What credibility does KTOK have left? What a joke that they employ this guy.

bluedogok
12-07-2009, 08:55 PM
That happened a long, long time ago...

rcjunkie
12-07-2009, 09:00 PM
In addition to the threats against Mayor Cornett, on todays show, he had Porter Davis on and was talking about Sundays flashpoint, on which Davis was a guest, Mark asked him how he could just set there and take it from ex Mayor Humphreys, if it was him, he said he would have reached across the table and BITCH slapped him.

soonerguru
12-07-2009, 09:01 PM
He needs help. Seriously.

soonerguru
12-07-2009, 09:15 PM
In addition to the threats against Mayor Cornett, on todays show, he had Porter Davis on and was talking about Sundays flashpoint, on which Davis was a guest, Mark asked him how he could just set there and take it from ex Mayor Humphreys, if it was him, he said he would have reached across the table and BITCH slapped him.

Did anyone see the debate? Was it very one-sided? Did Humphreys clean his clock?

betts
12-07-2009, 09:15 PM
Yeah, this guy is an psychological accident waiting to happen. I'm amazed they let a nut like him have a radio show.......but Glenn Beck has a television show so what do I know.

mugofbeer
12-07-2009, 09:38 PM
Then perhaps some calls into Mr. Shannon's sponsors might change his tact some. Start taking food out of his mouth and he may quickly stop being such an irritant. Post some sponsor names since I never listen to him. I dont know who they may be.

soonerguru
12-07-2009, 10:03 PM
Then perhaps some calls into Mr. Shannon's sponsors might change his tact some. Start taking food out of his mouth and he may quickly stop being such an irritant. Post some sponsor names since I never listen to him. I dont know who they may be.

This will work. Anyone know who's buying his show? Perhaps Ackerman McQueen could be of assistance with this. I'm sure they have access to who's buying all of the time. If anyone has the info, please just PM it to me in private *and you can retain your confidentiality.

Actually, I would just hand off the info because I honestly don't care enough about the creep to take the lead. But I guarantee you a politely written letter to the sponsor letting them know of the threats of violence to the mayor is all it will take to get the ads pulled. No sponsor would want to go anywhere near this.

UPDATE: The same strategy could be applied to KTOK in general. That would actually be more effective at getting him off the air. If sponsors pull ads from his show, KTOK will just shift other spots to fill the gaps. This is what FOX did when the otherwise effective boycott against Glenn Beck took place earlier this year. I think some 50 or more major advertisers canceled their placements on his show.

But FOX just kept shifting advertisers (mainly the Sell Your Gold variety, LOL) to his show, whether or not they bought his show specifically.

That's why, to make this more effective, the sponsors should be asked to just pull their advertising entirely from the station. That would probably get someone's attention in upper management.

mugofbeer
12-07-2009, 10:28 PM
I would not be averse to contacting the sponsors at all. That will have a much faster effect than trying to complain to Clear Channel. Hell, they like shock jocks. They don't like unhappy sponsors. If all it is are the "sell your gold" folks then you'll just have to not listen to him.

Mikemarsh51
12-07-2009, 10:38 PM
Geez, you all sound like a knitting circle. Ever heard of satire? Oh!, and once again someone with an opposing opinion to you guys and look at you go. Remember he is dying and can't whip a cold, let alone Mayor Mick! Go ahead and start the boycott. I don't really think everybody is going to agree with you. I want to see your vast network shut down KTOK. Are you all Liberals or do you prefer Progressive?

mugofbeer
12-07-2009, 10:43 PM
The problem is that if someone is on the radio touting acts of violence against another person, satire or not, you never know when there will be some unbalanced listener who will take that advice. There have been too many bombings, too many school massacres, too many abortion doctors murdered and too many jews/gays/blacks/whites etc beaten up because someone thought it would be funny.

Geez, Mikemarsh, anyone on here would think I was a lot further to the right than I am. I am simply not in agreement with anyone touting a violent act simply because they disgree with MAPS.

soonerguru
12-07-2009, 10:45 PM
I can't imagine that Mike Marsh would view as satire someone joking about pistol-whipping a cop on radio to hundreds if not thousands of listeners, with at least 30 percent being mentally unbalanced. Or maybe he would think it funny to joke about burning the police chief's house down, as MarKKK joked about the mayor.

proud2Bsooner
12-07-2009, 10:51 PM
Tonight Shannon did an impersonation of a black preacher. It was really classy. Bigger markets wouldn't put up with it.

Mikemarsh51
12-07-2009, 10:57 PM
Soonerguru, how dare you accuse me of being affiliated the police!

Mikemarsh51
12-07-2009, 10:59 PM
MugOsuds, I thought all those far right nuts were for less government spending, less taxes and smaller government?

betts
12-08-2009, 03:51 AM
Mark Shannon is dying? If I were dying, the last thing I would do is what he is doing. Maybe he's at the "anger" part of the working-through process.

rcjunkie
12-08-2009, 05:32 AM
No one is here for ever, were all a little closer to death each day, however, that's gives no one the right or privlage to make threats toward their fellow man.

iron76hd
12-08-2009, 06:00 AM
No one is here for ever, were all a little closer to death each day, however, that's gives no one the right or privlage to make threats toward their fellow man.
oh geez.....

you all sound like a knitting circle. Ever heard of satire? Oh!, and once again someone with an opposing opinion to you guys and look at you go. Remember he is dying and can't whip a cold, let alone Mayor Mick! Go ahead and start the boycott. I don't really think everybody is going to agree with you. I want to see your vast network shut down KTOK. Are you all Liberals or do you prefer Progressive?
:congrats:

iron76hd
12-08-2009, 06:13 AM
Mark asked him how he could just set there and take it from ex Mayor Humphreys, if it was him, he said he would have reached across the table and BITCH slapped him.

:bright_id:boxing2::bow:

Kerry
12-08-2009, 07:20 AM
I don't listen to Mark's show but I did check out his web site. The only thing I can find wrong with him is that he appears to not be able to distinguish between federal, state, and local governments. To him, the OKC City Council is just the local office of the federal government.

proud2Bsooner
12-08-2009, 07:27 AM
He's not especially bright.

RedDirt717
12-08-2009, 07:34 AM
I don't listen to Mark's show but I did check out his web site. The only thing I can find wrong with him is that he appears to not be able to distinguish between federal, state, and local governments. To him, the OKC City Council is just the local office of the federal government.

I think he's against all government. Strikes me as an anarchist.

He should move out to Somalia, no government at all - He'd be in heaven.

metro
12-08-2009, 09:35 AM
I've been writing letters to station manager Lee Matthews and calling sponsors like Cusack Meats, Air Comfort Solutions, All American Roofing for weeks, and stopped advertising on clear channel stations. I encourage you to call them as well, you can see the sponsors on his website.

Redskin 70
12-08-2009, 11:02 AM
What has happened to civil discussion in Oklahoma City? Why can we not discuss issues without wanting to harm each other? Why do we let "Nuts", destroy what America is based upon? Civil disussion, where Right to free speech was meant build, not tear down. Mark Shannon ktok radio, again has threatened our Mayor with bodily harm. On air, mr. Mark Shannon stated. about Mick Cornett, "I just want to pistol whip him". His last show, he wanted to burn the mayors house. Wow!! Lets see, Pistol whip, or burn his house?? are not threats illegall?? and the police UNION supports him???

actually such threats against a public official are now covered under the Homeland security act.......

Mark, you just might have some federal types, you know, no necks, trench coats and black SUV's come ta visit..........

Dont be acrinimious :tiphat:

Redskin 70
12-08-2009, 11:05 AM
Did anyone see the debate? Was it very one-sided? Did Humphreys clean his clock?

Yes I saw it and NOrick and Humphreys cleaned his plow.
I think the best though was when Kirk called him out as a Y2K move to the woods the end is near survialist and he Davis, was totally flustered with that.:tiphat:

king183
12-08-2009, 11:17 AM
Ahahahahahaha (http://okiepundit.com/?p=913)...

But here’s the best part of Shannon’s post, where he attacks Frank Keating for supporting MAPS because he doesn’t even live in OKC:

“[Frank Keating] didn’t even have a real residence in Oklahoma City. When Cathy ran for Congress, where did she run? In TULSA, where Frank Keating did keep his residency. Why on EARTH would we take advice on MAPS from FRANK KEATING a resident of Washington DC and TULSA?”

Yes, why would we listen to someone who doesn’t even live in Oklahoma City, Mark? Oh wait, that’s right: Mark Shannon lives in Edmond. Oops.

Is there video of the Humphreys/Norrick v Shannon/Davis debate? I'd love to see it. Surely someone recorded it.

Wambo36
12-08-2009, 11:22 AM
Yes I saw it and NOrick and Humphreys cleaned his plow.
I think the best though was when Kirk called him out as a Y2K move to the woods the end is near survialist and he Davis, was totally flustered with that.:tiphat:

As long as they were going back that far, Davis should have asked Hump why he's not still affiliated with the PC school board. You're right, that would have been hilarious.

DaveSkater
12-08-2009, 12:55 PM
Yet KTOK's ratings are thru the roof. Good luck with the sponsor boycott guys....

oneforone
12-08-2009, 01:01 PM
This conversation reminds me of the pilot episode of WKRP.

The boycott of WKRP turns out to be 5 of the lamest people in the world.

Everybody just needs to calm down. Mark has always been known as the worlds biggest smart ass. If you listen to his show for more than five minutes you quickly realize he is just doing comedy. Just like your hero Jon Stewart does on Comedy Central.

As a previous poster mentioned he has Cancer and his condition has the potential of killing him. If you have ever known anybody who was on the road to dying you know that most are very bold and they don't sugar coat anything. They speak their mind and they usually do not take a second to phrase things in a PC manner. Mark making this statement does not mean he would actuallly do it. It is kind of a parent saying to their kid "Stop doing that or I am going to beat the daylights out of you." Do they actually mean they are going to beat their kid to a pulp? No. It doesnt.

Now.... pull your undies out of your crack and either laugh it off or let if go.

CaseyCornett
12-08-2009, 01:10 PM
Now.... pull your undies out of your crack and either laugh it off or let if go.

The majority of his followers are as radical as they come so, no, it's not easy to just laugh off the fact that he's inviting people to burn down or stage a break-in to my parent's home. It's just not that funny to me.

OkcMetal
12-08-2009, 02:21 PM
Comedy??? Mark Shannon is a comedian?? Yes, most educated people do take him as a joke. But, its because he takes himself sooo seriously. Mark Shannon believes in what he says..not as a joke, but fact. Call his show and ask if his rants are just comedy..ask the 80 year olds, who constantly call in, if Fullerton, I mean Shannon, is a comedian, such as Carrot top, or Jerry Sienfield. His listeners take what he says as THE TRUTH!! and Mr. oneforone..If I overheard a parent threaten a child with death..I would report it as soon as possible..Why wouldn't you??

purplemonkeythief
12-08-2009, 02:24 PM
A bunch of you think WWE is real, don't you?

metro
12-08-2009, 02:27 PM
casey is a report being filed?

RedDirt717
12-08-2009, 02:33 PM

Yah, "Pistol whipping" and burning down houses is hilarious. Top of the line comedy there...

Oh wait, no it's not. People dont just joke about that stuff.

I've campaigned for Republicans my entire life, I worked at the Heritage foundation, and was a state officer in College Republicans for 2 years.

Mark Shannon is an absolute joke, though I tip toe the right line of the political spectrum Mark Shannon does not speak for me as a Republican. He's far more conservative than I am and the only people that actually listen to his show are senile Sr. Citizens that truly believe Barack Obama is the Anti-Christ and will start executing Christians in concentration camps within his tenure.

David
12-08-2009, 02:37 PM

Will no one rid me of this troublesome priest?

flintysooner
12-08-2009, 02:39 PM
Will no one rid me of this troublesome priest?
our friendship will turn to hate

king183
12-08-2009, 02:40 PM
Yah, "Pistol whipping" and burning down houses is hilarious. Top of the line comedy there...

Oh wait, no it's not. People dont just joke about that stuff.

I've campaigned for Republicans my entire life, I worked at the Heritage foundation, and was a state officer in College Republicans for 2 years.

Mark Shannon is an absolute joke, though I tip toe the right line of the political spectrum Mark Shannon does not speak for me as a Republican. He's far more conservative than I am and the only people that actually listen to his show are senile Sr. Citizens that truly believe Barack Obama is the Anti-Christ and will start executing Christians in concentration camps within his tenure.

Nailed it. Absolutely right. I, too, am a lifelong active Republican and conservative and I am simply embarrassed by Shannon's antics and his 36 devout listeners. I'd hesitate to even call him conservative--more like a reactionary nut. Fortunately, 99% of the Republicans I know either don't listen to the guy or think he's insane. That's just one reason his and Porter Davis's "resistance movement" is going to fail miserably.

kevinpate
12-08-2009, 02:46 PM

As opposed to CGI?
:tiphat:

oneforone
12-08-2009, 02:46 PM
Oh No! We cannot have a big scarry world we should always say the right thing and never say anything offensive. We should report anything that appears to have the slightest intention of harm to anyone.

At some point you have to stop taking life seriously. The two biggest skills people lack these days are the abilty to pick their battles and the ability to ignore the things they do not like.

Yesterday's American Hero
http://www.rightpundits.com/wp-content/photos/Clint_Eastwood_Ann_Coulter.jpg

Today's American Hero

http://francisanderson.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/caveman_3.jpg

OkcMetal
12-08-2009, 03:01 PM
ARGHH!! Please do not use Eastwood movies as a role model.. I love them, but most of his westerns are about brutally killing people,stealing gold or money..drinking and rape. Are those American values??

oneforone
12-08-2009, 03:54 PM
ARGHH!! Please do not use Eastwood movies as a role model.. I love them, but most of his westerns are about brutally killing people,stealing gold or money..drinking and rape. Are those American values??

There is only one American Value people rally around these days.

Cry and whine about every little social injustice (regardless if it is harmful or not) until somebody writes legislation to make your life easier.

After all life should be fair.... and nobody should ever be offended or be the butt of a joke.

Give it another 5-10 years and we will be tuning into watch professional crying and thumb sucking on ESPN.

rcjunkie
12-08-2009, 04:04 PM
Any sane and civil person that has listend to Shannon the last fews days, would be calling Citidel and demanding that he be taken off the air, his constant name calling and telling lies or at the very least, half truths is downright shameful.

Repeatedly calls Mayor Cornett a liar, loser, and that he's in the pockets of his rich cronies, etc;
Repeatedly calls Mayor Humphrey's a jerk
Keeps bad mouthing Clay Bennett, Aubrey McLendon and others for supporting MAPS3 when they live in Nichols Hills
The worst of is that today he rants about all the stupid voters in OKC, and that anyone that votes for MAPS3 is stupid.

Someone on one of the posting's said "it's probably because he's dying, and he's just speaking his mind". well, I took care of my step dad for 2 plus years while he battled cancer, and I promise none of the medicines or treatments he took/received turned him into an egotistical jerk.

wsucougz
12-08-2009, 04:24 PM

about as real as your break-in.

Lord Helmet
12-08-2009, 06:44 PM
The idiocy on his program tonight was astounding. I was baffled. I mean, it's common knowledge that Shannon is an idiot, but his callers are even bigger idiots.

evh5150
12-08-2009, 06:47 PM

one of many reasons why my stereo dial has always been set to KATT and never KJ103. I set it to the KATT and ripped the knob off and have been happy ever since.

evh5150
12-08-2009, 06:51 PM

ohhh,watch out. you might get what youre after!

YouTube - Talking Heads "Burning Down the House" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNnAvTTaJjM)

purplemonkeythief
12-08-2009, 06:52 PM
one of many reasons why my stereo dial has always been set to KATT and never KJ103. I set it to the KATT and ripped the knob off and have been happy ever since.

KATT? really?

You'd think that the average KATT listener has the ability to hook up an MP3 player or XM/Sirius player and bypass all the corporate-hand-fed music you're limited to with KATT

bluedogok
12-08-2009, 07:42 PM
Someone on one of the posting's said "it's probably because he's dying, and he's just speaking his mind". well, I took care of my step dad for 2 plus years while he battled cancer, and I promise none of the medicines or treatments he took/received turned him into an egotistical jerk.
He's been one of those for a very, very long time, it has nothing to do with meds.

I "met" him a couple of times at in-stores where I worked 25 years ago, that was enough to keep me from listening to him.

betts
12-08-2009, 08:32 PM
Woohoo! Bye, bye thread!

dismayed
12-08-2009, 09:34 PM
On the drive home today he was promising to throw himself off of the top of 50 Penn Place tomorrow if MAPS passed tonight. Can't imagine the whining that's going to go on tomorrow.

hoya
12-08-2009, 09:35 PM
Hopefully he's a man of his word.

mugofbeer
12-08-2009, 09:37 PM
Kind of like when the UN threatened to leave NYC and the UN Ambassador said something like, "If you choose to do that, then I will be the first to stand on the shore of the Hudson and bid you a fond farewell." Maybe Shannon will leave OKC along with the union trolls.

soonerguru
12-08-2009, 09:42 PM
On the drive home today he was promising to throw himself off of the top of 50 Penn Place tomorrow if MAPS passed tonight. Can't imagine the whining that's going to go on tomorrow.

He does seem a bit unstable. So did he jump?

soonerguru
12-08-2009, 09:43 PM
Kind of like when the UN threatened to leave NYC and the UN Ambassador said something like, "If you choose to do that, then I will be the first to stand on the shore of the Hudson and bid you a fond farewell." Maybe Shannon will leave OKC along with the union trolls.

Isn't the UN on the East River?

mugofbeer
12-08-2009, 09:45 PM
Isn't the UN on the East River?

:omg: MY MISTAKE!