View Full Version : For men who are honest...only!

buckt
12-06-2009, 02:02 PM
Hey guys - be honest. Does the buying Christmas gifts deal - make you insane? It does me! And the issue is not money or lack of it - its just the pressure of being creative, orginal - yada, yada, yada - in finding gifts. I wish it was easier...

(I guess ladies could give some insight here if they want too....)

RedDirt717
12-06-2009, 02:12 PM
Hey guys - be honest. Does the buying Christmas gifts deal - make you insane? It does me! And the issue is not money or lack of it - its just the pressure of being creative, orginal - yada, yada, yada - in finding gifts. I wish it was easier...

I'm naturally a pretty creative person when it comes to this stuff. So I guess I'm not all that bothered by it.

kevinpate
12-06-2009, 02:48 PM
.oO(what's so danged difficult about refilling a prepaid 7-11 card?)Oo.

I keed, I keed

buckt
12-06-2009, 03:07 PM
.oO(what's so danged difficult about refilling a prepaid 7-11 card?)Oo.
I keed, I keed

Ahh...and my point is clearly made! Uhhmmm...now how much do I put on the card?

kevinpate
12-06-2009, 03:13 PM
Ahh...and my point is clearly made! Uhhmmm...now how much do I put on the card?

80.00, cause you'll be eating those 99 cent double dawgs for a few weeks if you actually try that as a gift idea. <VBG>

evh5150
12-06-2009, 03:18 PM

i dont think gender has too much to do with the associated pressures of determining what to get someone for christmas.

its really just a matter of how well you know that person, their likes and dislikes, etc.

age, gender, race, etc has nothing to do with it.

i seldom give out prepaid gift cards. i know these are these easiest gifts to hand out, but when you give that gift to someone, in some regards it can make the reciever of the gift feel like they are only worth the denomination you gave them.

since i love to shop, gift-giving is second nature to me. i can always find outstanding deals on merchandise that has been drastically reduced in price and still make the gift-reciever feel truly appreciated.

if you feel pressured by gift-giving, my first recommendation would be for you to expand your shopping avenues: try more stores, more websites, look in more circulars. if you have patience, youll see better deals being offered elsewhere.

PennyQuilts
12-06-2009, 04:20 PM
I still remember my sister in highschool who thought her longtime boyfriend was going to give her a ring because he was so excited about his gift. He gave her a medium sized present and she still thought he'd been creative and simply disguised the gift. But no. It was a clock radio.

My husband positively drives himself bananas over getting me something. He always worries I won't like it and I can only assume he had some bad experiences with other women because I just don't get that. I just don't get why this is such a big deal. I love anything I get. Really.

I suspect a lot of guys could be creative but they just don't want to go to all the trouble evh described. I would LOVE to get a gift from her but I don't have that gene to do that kind of shopping, myself. No way would I do that, to be perfectly honest but I admire people who do.

My suggestion is, depending on the girlfriend, is to get them something they can do and create a memory instead of just a thing. Maybe tickets to a nice show or a bed and breakfast or spa treatment.

But if you get them a thing, consider what they like. Case in point - we knew we were getting a puppy right after Christmas and husband gave me a video camera because he knew I'd want to implode Youtube with puppy videos. It was a very thoughtful gift, didn't cost much and I have used it to pieces. But I really appreciated that he thought about what I might actually use or like. Of course, sometimes your loved one has everything they need or want. That makes it hard. Get them a framed, naked picture of yourself and sit back and watch them try to say something nice.

buckt
12-06-2009, 04:40 PM
"Get them a framed, naked picture of yourself and sit back and watch them try to say something nice. "

Now that creates all kinds of additional gift possibilities.....

gmwise
12-07-2009, 06:20 PM
Buckt,

please the recipient may not want a erotica picture of you...hmmk

lol

PennyQuilts
12-07-2009, 06:24 PM
Usually, they don't!

ewoodard
12-08-2009, 10:53 AM
After being married for 15 years, my wife and I finally decided to make lists for each other so we wouldn't have the pressure to be creative. However, we still buy little suprise gifts for each other. My problem is that her birthday is just a few days after christmas and she doesn't like combination gifts.

gmwise
12-08-2009, 02:35 PM
After being married for 15 years, my wife and I finally decided to make lists for each other so we wouldn't have the pressure to be creative. However, we still buy little suprise gifts for each other. My problem is that her birthday is just a few days after christmas and she doesn't like combination gifts.

OMG cheapo! lol