View Full Version : I'm an offical MAPS campaign volunteer

Pages : 1 [2]

Urban Pioneer
12-05-2009, 04:35 PM
By Byron's.

andy157
12-05-2009, 05:34 PM
$120,000 each after benefits. Which is beyond ridiculous.I don't know about the FOP Pres, but I do about Fire. You want to make it sound like he gets $120,000. Sure I know you included those 2 words "after benefits" jb everyone gets benefits,. You yes people sure like to cry out to accuse the NO side is all based on misinformation and lies, but this is ok.

andy157
12-05-2009, 05:41 PM
There are over 160 people amongst the 4,000 City employees that make over $100,000.** Over 120 of them are police officers and firefighters.** And both of the union heads cost the taxpayers over $100,000 each.

Off to put out more signs. I just got a call for a big one next to a fire house.Can you back this statement up without adding in thousands of dollars that are considered benefits? Because everyone gets benefits. If you can thats great. If you can't or won't then it is what it is. Did you consider the O.T. that P & F are paid, because they work it?

kevinpate
12-05-2009, 05:41 PM
I don't know about the FOP Pres, but I do about Fire. You want to make it sound like he gets $120,000. Sure I know you included those 2 words "after benefits" jb everyone gets benefits,. You yes people sure like to cry out to accuse the NO side is all based on misinformation and lies, but this is ok.

andy, I think you're projecting a bit.

Yes, all full time city govt. folks get benefits. likewise, there is a dollar figure attached to those benefits. That was accounted for in the statement you take issue with.

If he hadn't included the phrase 'after benefits', that would have been closer to warranting a misinformation charge. As written, it seems rather accurate.

Matt
12-05-2009, 05:55 PM
This is kinda funny... Iron76hd is making the nomaps people look ridiculous. f they r reading his posts they r prolly prayin he shuts his face. Makes the entire group of them look like crazy radicals!
hahahaha

His obnoxiousness here has nearly single-handedly turned me from an apathetic non-vote into a Yes vote on Tuesday.

So. . . job well done, "iron76hd".

betts
12-05-2009, 07:58 PM
There are benefits and there are benefits. Many people get only partial benefits. Many receive very little in the way of retirement benefits and, short of the military, I know no one who can retire as early as the age of 38 and receive a pension besides policemen and firemen.

rcjunkie
12-06-2009, 12:20 AM
OKC Police and Fire can retire with full benefits after 20 years of service, all other City Employees can retire with full benefits after 25 years of service. All OKC Employees get basically the same excellant benefits, it's just that the Police and Fire demand more salary and benefits and have stooped so low to hold their support for MAPS3 hostage until they get what they want.

flintysooner
12-06-2009, 08:59 AM
It is amazing how these threads drift.

I know that there are jobs where 20 years is a really, really long time. I think police work and firefighting are two of those.

lump9816
12-06-2009, 11:28 AM
Rc you need to get your facts straight or stop posting lies. This is not and never has been about wages.

rcjunkie
12-06-2009, 01:18 PM
Rc you need to get your facts straight or stop posting lies. This is not and never has been about wages.

The following is a message from the OKC Police and Fire:

:kicking::kicking::kicking::kicking::

If you need translation, that's a song and a dance

jbrown84
12-06-2009, 04:00 PM

If you actually read the thread, you would see that wages came up because Sipe and Hensley are being paid $120,000 (including benefits) to sit on their butts in their union offices finger painting "Not This Maps" on black posterboard.

lump9816
12-06-2009, 04:36 PM
And if you knew what you were talking about you wouldn't post such ridiculous statements. I actually did read the thread by the way, all i tried to do was point out that the issue is not about money or contracts. You do know that the contracts for both police and fire were settled before this storm started don't you?

jbrown84
12-06-2009, 05:18 PM
Yes. That's been made quite clear. Someone from your camp complained that the city manager has 3 assistants and that the taxpayers shouldn't be paying for that, which is pretty incredulous when taxpayers are paying Sipe and Hensley to do nothing but work for the union. They are not working their day jobs.