View Full Version : Got my signs tonight

wsucougz
12-01-2009, 07:19 PM
A volunteer delivered them in the drizzle... The push is on.

Pretty much my entire neighborhood is covered in YES signs. I even saw a neighborhood up on NW 122 today with quite a few YES.

Dream BIG.

YES.

betts
12-01-2009, 07:27 PM
Mine got stolen, but I'm getting 5 this time. Yes for MAPS!

kevinpate
12-01-2009, 07:40 PM

awww, c'mon betts. you don't need 5 signs.
One new YES sign and a pitbull will work just as well.
:dizzy:

Architect2010
12-01-2009, 08:00 PM
I live off 46th and S. Walker. My home and my neighbors are the only ones with any signs in their yards and they happen to be Yes Signs. There were some Vote No's on mainstreet Walker, but they were placed by bus stops? Someone took them down.

Doug Loudenback
12-01-2009, 08:26 PM
Mine were stolen, too, but I replaced them yesterday.

tehvipir
12-01-2009, 11:03 PM
They dont get stolen. if you dont have them X amount of feet of the curb even in your own yard they are illegal so the yes the city takes them.

Doug Loudenback
12-01-2009, 11:04 PM
mine were stolen. They were on my side of the curb near my house, not in the easement.

tehvipir
12-01-2009, 11:09 PM
it doenst matter if its on your side of the curb. it has to be X amount of feet OFF THE Curb. thats how the city can [put in a sidewalk and tear up your grass. they still own and well beyond the water meter in which you have to plumb yourself. just saying.

betts
12-02-2009, 05:41 AM
Mine were stolen, because the wire remains. Someone just took the plastic sign off the frame. If they had been removed by the city, the wire would be gone as well.

EBAH
12-02-2009, 06:35 AM
Mine were put in last night, the (presumed) volunteer even dropped several bumper stickers in my mail box. I hope mine last and don't fall prey to the mysterious theft/city worker/etc..

iron76hd
12-02-2009, 06:41 AM
We are running out :congrats:of NO signs if anyone wants any you better hurry. They've delivered over 250 signs from citizens calling and asking for them to be delivered to their homes in the last three days. You better hurry if you want the "NOT THIS MAPS" Sign. :ou2

kevinpate
12-02-2009, 06:51 AM
We are running out :congrats:of NO signs if anyone wants any you better hurry. They've delivered over 250 signs from citizens calling and asking for them to be delivered to their homes in the last three days. You better hurry if you want the "NOT THIS MAPS" Sign. :ou2

120,000 from the two unions and the campaign is low on materials a week before the election? Seems odd. In general, Anti-whatever voters are more prone to go with signs and stickers and t-shirts and such. Figured the bulk of the funds would have been in these items.

That's not directed at you. You're simply the messenger passing along the word and trying to be helpful to others who support your position. I'm just surprised it's an issue.

iron76hd
12-02-2009, 07:22 AM
ohh. We just got another batch. Kevin you want me to drop one by to you in Norman?

kevinpate
12-02-2009, 07:29 AM
ohh. We just got another batch. Kevin you want me to drop one by to you in Norman?

Thanks for the offer, but I'll pass.
Hopefully, so will the YES position come Dec. 8.
:tiphat:

BDP
12-02-2009, 09:37 AM
if you dont have them X amount of feet of the curb even in your own yard they are illegal so the yes the city takes them.

The city? So... the city drives through each neighborhood, measures off the distance of each political sign from the easement and takes down signs that don't comply, yet they leave hundreds of illegal signs up in common areas all over the rest of the city?

Man, we have a budget for this and, yet, we can't even sand and salt our snow routes if we have more than one snow day?

tehvipir
12-02-2009, 03:20 PM
yeha it s shame that we do have budget but some people vandalize the NO signs on PRIVATE property by spray painting them. good class.

OSUFan
12-02-2009, 03:26 PM
yeha it s shame that we do have budget but some people vandalize the NO signs on PRIVATE property by spray painting them. good class.

I'll bet you we couldn't find any cases of YES signs being destroyed could we?

tehvipir
12-02-2009, 03:47 PM
not saying that just saying that the "CITY" the "GOOD GUYs" are stooping to levels that many on this post only believe that mean ugly unions can do.

SouthsideSooner
12-02-2009, 04:47 PM
Almost all the yes signs on the major streets in far south OKC have disappeared while the no signs have increased.

I guess for some, the end justifies the means...:doh:

brianinok
12-02-2009, 05:38 PM
I got my YES sign today. I just put it out (the proper distance from the street). I also have a spare in the garage if some idiot steals mine. I haven't seen any other YES or NO signs in my neighborhood north of Quail Springs.

westsidesooner
12-02-2009, 06:04 PM
I really wish Map was a county vote rather than city......think of all the support it would get from Edmond and other suburbs. I live in Bethany so I don't get a vote...but I do most of my shopping in OKC and strongly support maps3. I'll try to put up a sign anyways to to show support. I'm really frustrated with the OCPD and the OKCFD unions for their negative and less then truthful opposisition to maps3.

jbrown84
12-04-2009, 02:15 PM
Got two in my yard! No other signs around me for either side, but 23rd street is covered in YES.