View Full Version : AT&T Uverse

rbayless
11-30-2009, 03:19 PM
Anyone in Yukon/West OKC have Uverse? If so, any issues or anything? I'm having a hell of a time getting the service ordered. I wonder if that is a sign of things to come..

circuitboard
11-30-2009, 03:40 PM
It sucks! Cancel your order while your ahead, it took me forever to get my bill cleared after I canceled. The service is horriable! Video lags big time, think of a BAD youtube. The internet was ok, but nothing like cox.

Rescue_Company_One
12-03-2009, 05:08 AM
I have it and have had no prblems at all. We have had it at our house for over a year and overall including price it is better than dish network. I seem to like it but thats just me and my family. It did take us a while to get it ordered and in correctly because they were so busy.

PennyQuilts
12-03-2009, 06:51 AM
I thought it was available at our house in far southwest OKC but it isn't. My inlaws have it and really like it, though.

MsDarkstar
12-03-2009, 08:21 AM
My aunt lives around SW 119th & May & has had it for about a year and loves it. She had a little trouble at first with the set up & such, but it was brand new to her area. Within about a week or so everything was working great & she's had no complaints. She's actually highly recommended it to all of us in the family, just so far none of us live in areas where it's available.

Roadhawg
12-03-2009, 08:40 AM
I have a friend in Fort Worth that has it and she loves it. I may get it after my satellite contract expires.

Rescue_Company_One
12-03-2009, 09:54 AM
The only good thing about satellite in my opinion is that IF you have a portable generator and WHEN the power goes out here, like it always does for weeks on end cause we are to cheap to bury the lines, You could still have your channels.

Its a stretch I know.

rondvu
12-03-2009, 10:49 AM
I live near NW 63rd and Meridian. Had it for about a year and love it. Had Dishnet before and it was not bad, but to me Uverse is a better product. I think it depends on where you live how good or bad the product is.

Lord Helmet
12-03-2009, 03:13 PM
UVerse is far and away the best TV service available in OKC. Of course, with Cox being the mainstay you don't have much to beat.

venture
12-03-2009, 03:41 PM
Willing to buy UVerse in Norman. So jealous of you all. :-P

OKCREALESTATEGUY
12-28-2009, 04:17 AM
Just got Uverse about two weeks ago and I have not had any problems so far. I live around I-40 and Czech hall.

kevinpate
12-28-2009, 04:25 AM
FWIW, U-verse is working fine in Norman anyhows. net is slower than with Cox, but seems better now than a few months back. Maybe my patience levels have adjusted, I dunno.

Chica650
01-04-2010, 05:26 PM
We live at Reno and mustang rd area and we just got uverse. Works awesome! No problems whatsoever. Price-wise it's about the same that we were paying with cox, but we have way more features and the service works better than cox. I don't know what people are complaining about because we are totally satisfied...

ljbab728
01-05-2010, 12:18 AM
We live at Reno and mustang rd area and we just got uverse. Works awesome! No problems whatsoever. Price-wise it's about the same that we were paying with cox, but we have way more features and the service works better than cox. I don't know what people are complaining about because we are totally satisfied...

I agree. I changed to Uverse when I lived in Mustang. It was less expensive and had more features. I moved to OKC and its wasn't available in the area I moved to. I was very disappointed.

Mr. T in OKC
05-26-2010, 05:24 PM
I have UVerse. I live near Sara Rd and SW 29th St. I love it. Much better than cox. There is no contract as with dish or direct tv. My only complaint is that its an extra $7 for each additional room, but that's no biggie. At least every room has a DVR and can record up to 4 programs at once.

kevinpate
05-26-2010, 06:17 PM
Five more months experience with U-verse after many, many years prior relying on Cox.

I'll leave it at I'm happier now than I was back then.

MustangSally
05-26-2010, 07:09 PM
This is good to know. I got the offer in the mail for $99 bundle. I pay around $200 for Cox.

dcnorman07
05-27-2010, 01:23 PM
AT&T U-Verse SUCKS!!! I have always had Cox and we just moved in March, so I thought it would be a good time to try out U-Verse because I always wanted the features such as recording up to 4 shows at the same time, watching anything on the DVR from any room in the house and being able to set your DVR from anywhere with internet access (including your iPhone).

Man was I disappointed! What they don't tell you is that you can only have 2 HD "streams" at one time no matter what, meaning, I had U-Verse on 4 HD TV's... If I was recording 3 shows at once, only 2 of them could be HD, the other had to be in standard def, plus, you cant watch HD on ANY other tv in the house!!! What a load of CRAP!

Also, you can't set your DVR from anywhere unless you have AT&T internet. My company pays for internet through Cox, so I had Cox internet with AT&T TV, but since I didn't have AT&T's internet, that feature didn't work. Not as big a deal as the whole HD situation, but still never saw anything stating that.

Needless to say, Cox wanted my cable business and offered me 4 HD DVR's plus every channel they offer for only $90/month, so I'm back with them now and love it as I always did.

If you don't watch HD in multiple rooms or want to record more than 2 HD shows at a time, then it's really not bad. They do have a ton of channels and the sports package they offer was pretty sweet...

ms7168
05-27-2010, 06:39 PM
I live near NW 63rd and Meridian. Had it for about a year and love it. Had Dishnet before and it was not bad, but to me Uverse is a better product. I think it depends on where you live how good or bad the product is.

Interesting because I live very near NW 50th and Meridian and it is NOT available at my address. I suppose you could be on PArkview exchange. I'm on WIndsor.

Easy180
05-27-2010, 06:51 PM
Cox rep told me they are rolling out DVR's with twice the memory fairly soon...I believe they are currently in pilot in Tulsa

Prob stick with Cox but am glad to see some solid competition driving products and HD channels

ljbab728
05-27-2010, 10:34 PM
Interesting because I live very near NW 50th and Meridian and it is NOT available at my address. I suppose you could be on PArkview exchange. I'm on WIndsor.

I also live near NW 63rd and Meridian and it's not available.

venture
05-27-2010, 10:46 PM
Cox rep told me they are rolling out DVR's with twice the memory fairly soon...I believe they are currently in pilot in Tulsa

Prob stick with Cox but am glad to see some solid competition driving products and HD channels

The new DVRs have been in other markets for a year or so now. OKC is the last one to get them late this summer. Will be so happy to be rid of their pathetic POS DVR I have no. Makes me regret giving up Tivo.

geterdone
05-28-2010, 10:16 PM
I honestly can say that Uverse has been a complete disaster for my household. Five techs later and they still cannot get the issues worked out.