View Full Version : Best Restaurant in Mustang?

PennyQuilts
11-27-2009, 07:43 PM
I know everyone likes different types of foods/restaurants but I was wondering what you favorite one or two are in Mustang or close by.

kevinpate
11-27-2009, 07:53 PM
If you are not already aware of a particular foodie review site, you need to be.
Oklahoma City Restaurants | Local Restaurant Reviews (http://www.eataroundokc.com)

edit - my bad. they do not have a Mustang section. Sorry. Try Urban spoon at:
http://www.urbanspoon.com/n/46/4511/Oklahoma-City/Mustang-restaurants

Jon27
11-27-2009, 09:59 PM
I know everyone likes different types of foods/restaurants but I was wondering what you favorite one or two are in Mustang or close by.

Chicken Express and Las Vaquero's. Both on Highway 152 in Mustang.

Bigrayok
11-28-2009, 12:24 AM
My favorite restaurant in Mustang is Lugiano's. I love Italian food and think it is one of the better Italian restaurants in the Oklahoma City area. It is nothing fancy, but they have a lot of dishes I like with good sauces.

Bigray in Ok

PennyQuilts
11-28-2009, 04:15 AM
Thanks all. I will check out the reviews. I've been to Las Vaqueros and Chicken Express but need to check out Lugianos. I also enjoy Italian food. They gave us extra gravy at Chicken Express a couple of years ago, completely enchanting my husband. We both loved Las Vasqueros.

fire121
12-01-2009, 06:35 PM
Luigiano's is supposed to be really good. I bank near there and they are packing them in at lunch. Great reviews from all that have gone there. Also, Primos in Yukon is really good.

Regio just opened a couple blocks east of the fire station, across from Luigiano's. Iv'e only gotten it "to go", but they have some outstanding chicken and other traditional Mexican specialties, but the price to quantity ratio isn't great. I don't mind paying a little more if you'll load me up with torts, salsa, relish, etc. Whole chicken is $14. with a pint of rice and beans and a cup worth of good salsa?

sgt. pepper
12-02-2009, 07:24 AM
Regio just opened a couple blocks east of the fire station,
the wife and I ate there and we will never...ever go back! I am sure it is not always like this or they would be out of business already. We never had to wait so long and they were not that busy. people were literally getting out of there seats at the table and leaving it was taking so long. Service was terrible and very impolite, and when you did get your food, it tasted like they took it out of a can they bought at Homeland. I do like just about any restaurant, and it takes a lot for me not to like it, but this place was really bad. Call it a bad day or whatever, but we will not go back. To many good places to eat in Mustang to try that place again.

Luigiano's on the other hand......GREAT place. awesome food and friendly people.

And City Bites is open!

ray99
12-07-2009, 09:41 PM
Has anyone visited the Allsports bar and grill? If so, how is it?

Lurker34
01-03-2010, 08:15 PM
Not a big fan of either Las Vaquero's or Luigiano's. I would love to support a local establishment. I hate to say it, but the big chain restaurants are better than either one of these.

The club sandiwich at All Sports is pretty good.

wallyboy75
01-11-2010, 11:13 AM
I went by to eat at schnieders(great food) and it seem that reigos is closed.

fire121
01-26-2010, 12:58 PM
Looks like Jack's Diner is shut down.

Banner up with a "Boomerang Diner' coming soon. Looks like the same folks from the original Boomerang!

The Hot Dog place, Pluto's and the new Schnieder's Grill seem to be doing a good lunch business over in the Victory Shopping Center.

lasomeday
01-26-2010, 03:21 PM
Yeah, Schnieder's Grill has awesome Onion Burgers with peanut butter.

08hybridok
02-04-2010, 06:49 AM
I Wish Mustang had more resturants/family dining places/buffet. Like a Golden coral/Western Sizzlin'.
I'm sure I'm missing several, but other than fast food all I can recall of the top of my head is Harry's burgers/peaches, pizza, Swaddley's BBQ, Las Vaquero's (in the old pool store?); and a few I know are there but not sure of names/food served, the resturant in the old wally/ace building & the shiny diner on mustang & 59th(?).
If I'm missing something great please let me know so I can try them out! I haven't head of Luigiano's, it's not the Gelato resturant is it? The Gelato was good, but don't recall the food being great.

ljbab728
02-04-2010, 11:40 PM
I Wish Mustang had more resturants/family dining places/buffet. Like a Golden coral/Western Sizzlin'.
I'm sure I'm missing several, but other than fast food all I can recall of the top of my head is Harry's burgers/peaches, pizza, Swaddley's BBQ, Las Vaquero's (in the old pool store?); and a few I know are there but not sure of names/food served, the resturant in the old wally/ace building & the shiny diner on mustang & 59th(?).
If I'm missing something great please let me know so I can try them out! I haven't head of Luigiano's, it's not the Gelato resturant is it? The Gelato was good, but don't recall the food being great.

I'm not sure how many people remember but the Las Vaquero's (pool store) was originally a fast food burger place. Burger King I think.

stick47
02-05-2010, 05:31 AM
Yes it was a Burger King originally. Then What-A-Burger, a pool store and now Los Vaqueros.

Anyone remember when the tag agency location used to be Serapios Mexican Restaurant? (my neighbor thinks I'm making that up but I'm sure I ate there and BTW, Serapios moved to El Reno when they left Mustang)

sgt. pepper
02-05-2010, 07:19 AM
i heard Del Ranch was where the tag agency is

stick47
02-05-2010, 01:36 PM
and Braums used to be on the East side of Mustang Rd but I'm still sure Serapios was in there with where the Hallmark Shop and Tag Agency were/are located. :backtotop (Harrys is the Best Restaurant in Mustang.)

rickself
02-05-2010, 05:29 PM
Harry's is so up & down.
We've had good food there and we've had equally bad food.
We'll still drive the extra couple of miles to InterUrban.

ljbab728
02-05-2010, 11:18 PM
i heard Del Ranch was where the tag agency is

I don't remember ever having a tag agency there but then I'm fairly new to Mustang. My father opened the first supermarket in Mustang about 45 years ago.

fire121
03-08-2010, 04:01 PM
Finally went to Luigiano's. That was the smallest bowl of Spaghetti and Meatballs I've ever seen. Probably two cups worth of noodles and three meatballs the size of ping pong balls. Sauce tasted like vinegar. Ughh
Wife got a baked dish??, which was also a very small portion. Tasted great, just wasn't much there.
Ordered a House Salad for the Wife and Kids to share. It was iceberg lettuce with a few carrot match sticks similar to the "bag salad", with one piece of Roma tomato added.
Mustang must be hurting for restaurants for this place to be doing so well.
I know their pizza is supposed to be awsome so I think we will just stick with that. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience.

PennyQuilts
03-08-2010, 05:53 PM
I don't remember ever having a tag agency there but then I'm fairly new to Mustang. My father opened the first supermarket in Mustang about 45 years ago.

Frank Buxton? On Mustang Road?

ljbab728
03-08-2010, 11:13 PM
Frank Buxton? On Mustang Road?

Fred Buxton. Buxton's Supermarket.

decepticobra
03-09-2010, 12:08 AM

Sonic Drive-In

PennyQuilts
03-09-2010, 07:10 AM

FRED!! Thanks. Husband was going on memory.

PennyQuilts
03-09-2010, 07:19 AM

Husband remembers a Larry (the son) who was a sacker there and he says that the dad was a butcher who was missing part of a finger but doesn't remember which one. He liked the grocery store and thought it was a nice place.

The man would argue with a stop sign and dug in on the name. He kept insisting it was Frank. I told him his son would know... He suggested maybe it wasn't REALLY the son and commented that he wished his mother was still alive because she would put an end to the dispute. At this point, all I could do was roll my eyes. After about five minutes, he decided it probably was Fred. It was starting to come back to him.

This is what I live with. Woe is me. It is no wonder that sometimes I am cranky.

ljbab728
03-09-2010, 11:06 PM
Husband remembers a Larry (the son) who was a sacker there and he says that the dad was a butcher who was missing part of a finger but doesn't remember which one. He liked the grocery store and thought it was a nice place.

The man would argue with a stop sign and dug in on the name. He kept insisting it was Frank. I told him his son would know... He suggested maybe it wasn't REALLY the son and commented that he wished his mother was still alive because she would put an end to the dispute. At this point, all I could do was roll my eyes. After about five minutes, he decided it probably was Fred. It was starting to come back to him.

This is what I live with. Woe is me. It is no wonder that sometimes I am cranky.

Penny, I'm Larry and have a twin brother named Jerry. My dad is in the Mustang Hall of Fame if you want to verify his first name. You're correct that he did have part of one finger missing.

PennyQuilts
03-10-2010, 07:04 AM
Hi Larry, no, of course I don't need to verify the name!!

There is a Mustang Hall of Fame?????

EdmondBrad
03-10-2010, 08:17 AM
Not a whole lot to choose from in Mustang but I still like Harry's because of the fried cheese and the monte cristo sandwich.

ljbab728
03-10-2010, 10:25 PM
Hi Larry, no, of course I don't need to verify the name!!

There is a Mustang Hall of Fame?????

Yes, there is a Mustang Hall of Fame. I'm not sure where the information is housed now, but I'm sure either the city or the Chamber of Commerce could tell you.

kawititnow
03-18-2010, 06:24 AM
I've been to Luigiano's twice now. Once when it first opened, and again yesterday for lunch and both times I walked away thinking I probably wouldn't pick that place again. The Italian salad dressing was red... Then I got chicken and tortellini alfredo. It was good if you could get past the overwhelming taste of butter in the alfredo sauce. I like a thick creamy alfredo, and this just tasted like a very watered down version of that... If I go back maybe I'll try the pizza.