View Full Version : Westboro Baptist Church to protest at the OU/OSU Bedlam game Saturday

SoonerQueen
11-26-2009, 10:44 PM
Read this if you are attending the OU/OSU game in Norman Oklahoma Saturday. Westboro Baptist Church is going to protest outside the stadium. Beware of them, they are idiots.

11/28/2009 09:30 AM - 11:30 AM Norman, OK OU Memorial Stadium - God Hates Your Sports 'N YOU! 180 W. Brooks St. WBC will picket your football game - your SPORT. You know there will be only a few more of these entertainment events before God lets Obama simply destroy this nation. God does not have anything good to say about your sport(s). Check this out, and be afraid - be very afraid: Judges 16:25 And it came to pass, when their hearts were merry, that they said, Call for Samson, that he may make us sport. And they called for Samson out of the prison house; and he made them sport: and they set him between the pillars. Judges 16:27 Now the house was full of men and women; and all the lords of the Philistines were there; and there were upon the roof about three thousand men and women, that beheld while Samson made sport. Then right after they made sport of harassing the blind Samson, God DESTROYED ALL those Philistines! YAY! Proverbs 10:23 It is as sport to a fool to do mischief: but a man of understanding hath wisdom. Proverbs 26:19 So is the man that deceiveth his neighbour, and saith, Am not I in sport? Isaiah 57:4 Against whom do ye sport yourselves? against whom make ye a wide mouth, and draw out the tongue? are ye not children of transgression, a seed of falsehood, God Hates DOOMED america, God Hates Oklahoma, God Hates Oklahoma State. You are all going to hell, and there is nothing to do but hear the words, hate the words, get mad at the words - - then get more words. Repeat, repeat until Jesus Christ comes in power and glory to redeem our people. Praise God! AMEN!

This appears on their schedule of protests page on their website. I didn't alter the spelling or grammar.

Bunty
11-27-2009, 12:21 AM
I was afraid they would get too bored with scapegoating homosexuals and jews.

oneforone
11-27-2009, 03:23 AM
Westboro is living proof we need a human spaying and neutering program.

Thunder
11-27-2009, 05:41 AM
They call themselves Baptist and yet they continue to spread hate... They're retarded.

buckt
11-27-2009, 05:57 AM
They call themselves Baptist and yet they continue to spread hate... They're retarded.

Here is a quick but IMPORTANT reminder! These folks are NOT Baptist. Every Baptist I know cringe when these hate lovers place "Baptist" in their title. Surely everyone is smart enough to recognize this....I hope!

kevinpate
11-27-2009, 07:18 AM
Just do as the good book suggests

Walk right up to them and turn the other cheek ....

Then fart

Hey, I dinna say which good book, did I?

PennyQuilts
11-27-2009, 08:16 AM
Here is a quick but IMPORTANT reminder! These folks are NOT Baptist. Every Baptist I know cringe when these hate lovers place "Baptist" in their title. Surely everyone is smart enough to recognize this....I hope!

Oh, you know better!! The ones who don't know Baptists but hate christianity will latch onto this and swear on a stack of bibles that this proves Baptists are hateful loons.

ronronnie1
11-27-2009, 06:06 PM

The two are not mutually exclusive lol. Right on the money if you ask me.

ronronnie1
11-27-2009, 06:08 PM
Just do as the good book suggests

Walk right up to them and turn the other cheek...

or do as the good book suggests and just stone them.

HVAC Instructor
11-27-2009, 06:10 PM
Westboro is living proof we need a human spaying and neutering program.

So you're for selective abortion? :poke:

nik4411
11-27-2009, 06:40 PM
seems a little crazy on their part. get a bunch of rowdy drunk students and something might go down

kevinpate
11-27-2009, 07:49 PM
seems a little crazy on their part. get a bunch of rowdy drunk students and something might go down

nik, there have been suggestions over time that is actually a desired result on their part. I've not done any research to know if it is truly a valid suggestion or not. But the tale goes like this. They intend to be loud, to be obnoxious, all while being an arse, albeit a legal one, via a permit to be at a selected location. Then, when someone loses their cool, and makes physical contact with one of them, they allegedly bring an action against the aggressor.

Again, no study on my part so I canna vouch whether they have or have not done this. if so, interesting ploy. if not, nice lil' urban myth.

MikeOKC
11-27-2009, 08:05 PM
Kevin's right. Their aim is to provoke. Remember,they had to take action at the federal level and criminalize the barbaric act of protesting at military funerals simply because of these Westboro nuts. They are afraid of nothing and want to provoke and gain attention ---- the obvious thing to do is ignore them.

nik4411
11-27-2009, 08:16 PM
yes i agree guys. i'm not saying that's what should happen. i'm just saying, there will be drunk college aged guys around, well for that matter, drunks everywhere. so i wouldn't be surprised to see something happen

drum4no1
11-28-2009, 10:28 AM
The result of inbreeding? Not being smartass here but I have read in a few places that their gene pools may not be too deep.

:poke:

HVAC Instructor
11-28-2009, 10:40 AM
If there was no such thing as religion.....

Upon what platform would nuts like this exist?

dismayed
11-28-2009, 08:28 PM
Wonder why they're doing their shenanigans around a bunch of broke college kids?

PennyQuilts
11-28-2009, 08:31 PM
Maybe because college kids have parents (who used to have money, precollege) who are likely helping them go to school AND college kids are at an age where they are likely to be provoked.

FRISKY
11-29-2009, 11:00 AM
Did anything happen?

kevinpate
11-29-2009, 01:23 PM
Did anything happen?

Yeah, OU took it to the visitors and taught them some manners.

Oh, you meant with the Westboro folk? No clue.

Wambo36
11-29-2009, 06:08 PM
nik, there have been suggestions over time that is actually a desired result on their part. I've not done any research to know if it is truly a valid suggestion or not. But the tale goes like this. They intend to be loud, to be obnoxious, all while being an arse, albeit a legal one, via a permit to be at a selected location. Then, when someone loses their cool, and makes physical contact with one of them, they allegedly bring an action against the aggressor.

Again, no study on my part so I canna vouch whether they have or have not done this. if so, interesting ploy. if not, nice lil' urban myth.

Saw a documentary on these tards once and a very high percentage of the adults are attorneys. There is an old man who is the patriarch. He's an attorney and all of his numerous offspring are also. They support themeselves by sueing the socks off of anyone who looks crossways at them. So yes, this is their intention.

David
11-30-2009, 08:07 AM
If there was no such thing as religion.....

Upon what platform would nuts like this exist?

Oh, I'd imagine they would find something.

mugofbeer
11-30-2009, 10:03 AM
I never saw them there. Just a street preacher on Campus Corner but I don't think he had anything to do with the nuts.

Stan Silliman
12-03-2009, 04:59 PM
Here is my column Westboro_Protesting_Football (http://www.sillimanonsports.com/Westboro_Protesting_Football.html) from when they protested a football game last year: