View Full Version : MAPS 3 Timeline

king183
11-10-2009, 02:14 PM
Has the city released any kind of approximate timeline for each of the projects if the tax is approved? If voters approve the tax, it will go into effect on April 1st, 2010, then what's the next step? Will purchases of the C2S land accelerate? Will the beautification of the river or the preparation of the rails for the street car proceed immediately? Etc.

Also, are any of the projects contingent on the completion of the new I-40 or can they begin in conjunction with the construction?

Doug Loudenback
11-10-2009, 02:21 PM
No. The city has expressly avoided stating a time-line, other than to say that the proposed Central Park should come 1st and that the proposed Convention Center should come last.

betts
11-10-2009, 02:55 PM
Has the city released any kind of approximate timeline for each of the projects if the tax is approved? If voters approve the tax, it will go into effect on April 1st, 2010, then what's the next step? Will purchases of the C2S land accelerate? Will the beautification of the river or the preparation of the rails for the street car proceed immediately? Etc.

Also, are any of the projects contingent on the completion of the new I-40 or can they begin in conjunction with the construction?

I think it would be difficult to begin anything other than demolition work on the park land, until I-40 comes down. I'm hoping that, while they've got things torn up, they can at least start doing preparation work for the streetcar.

jbrown84
11-11-2009, 05:02 PM
I see no reason why the streetcar couldn't be completely finished with I-40 still in place.

The big issue is that nothing can start immediately because it's "pay as we have the money".