View Full Version : Oklahoman: Quo Vadis

Doug Loudenback
11-10-2009, 01:51 PM
I've sent open emails to David Thompson, Christy Everest, and Ed Kelley of the Oklahoman which ask questions of them concerning the Oklahoman's coverage of MAPS 3. The article is located at Doug Dawgz Blog: Quo Vadis, Oklahoman? (http://dougdawg.blogspot.com/2009/11/quo-vadis-oklahoman.html) but the full text, graphically presented, appears below.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a49/DougLoudenback/coretoshore/maps3/quovadisarticle.jpg

The above is merely a graphic and what appear to be links won't work. In the article in my blog, they will. Maybe one or all the email recipients, David Thompson, Christy Everest, and/or Ed Kelley, will reply with comments and/or answers. If so, the comments and/or answers will also appear in the article, and will be reported here, as well.

kevinpate
11-10-2009, 02:02 PM
An excellent email Doug. I hope they respond to your inquiry.

If they don't, I may just have to start inquiring where a certain drink costume can be purchased in bulk

Doug Loudenback
11-10-2009, 02:14 PM
But please don't identify the drink as Kool-Aid. Kool-Aid is not without its value, as drinks go, but I'm a Wellers man.

Most likely, though, where is it that we can find and duplicate 1,000 Kool-Aid costumes to march en masse upon City Hall? Or at the Oklahoman's headquarters on I-235?

John
11-10-2009, 02:26 PM
This is funny, due to the fact that Quo Vadis was the name given to the E.L. Gaylord estate (and now turned neighborhood) in NE Edmond.

Carry on...

kevinpate
11-10-2009, 05:45 PM
... where is it that we can find and duplicate 1,000 Kool-Aid costumes to march en masse upon City Hall? Or at the Oklahoman's headquarters on I-235?

I'm certain my own budget couldn't handle the cost. may have to go the sandwich (poster)board route, though some of us, this writer included, can rely somewhat on natural girth to carry off the large pitcher persona.

dismayed
11-10-2009, 09:25 PM
Great movie reference and excellent questions. I don't really see them responding to this though, I mean they don't even identify when they are doing a report on an interest owned by the paper's owners, so I would be surprised.

jbrown84
11-11-2009, 04:38 PM
I'll be interested to see if they respond as well.

Doug Loudenback
11-11-2009, 05:07 PM
I haven't heard from any of the 3 yet, probably won't.

But, very interestingly, I have received the following comment to the blog article, which speaks for itself:

Parker said...

Great posting, Doug. The Oklahoman needs a watchdog, now more than ever. As a former reporter there (and the writer of the 1993 MAPS article you linked), I was an editor on several major stories that were killed there after 2000, when new managers was installed on the news side.

I also know many excellent and aggressive reporters and editors currently there, too, and excellent work still gets out.

- John Parker

My reply:

Doug Dawg said...

Thanks, John, for both the comment and excellent background. In case others might not be aware, John wrote the substantial majority of articles on the original MAPS ... see this part (http://dougdawg.blogspot.com/2009/10/about-our-principal-bee-watcher.html#articles) of the Bee Watcher Watcher article.