View Full Version : D.C. Sniper to be executed, tonight

PennyQuilts
11-10-2009, 10:40 AM
I am not sure how interested anyone would be about the D.C. Sniper that terrorized the country around DC in the year following the 911 attacks. He shot and killed people in Maryland, Virginia and DC and it was a pretty scary time. Anyway, he is set to be excuted, tonight, in Virginia. The Supreme Court denied his appeal and the Virginia governor has issued a statement that he will not grant clemency.

I was suprised he had exhausted his appeals, so soon - perhaps I just lost track of time.

Midtowner
11-10-2009, 10:56 AM
I'm generally against the death penalty, but as long as it's around, this guy is a great candidate.

gmwise
11-10-2009, 11:12 AM
I agree.

kevinpate
11-10-2009, 01:51 PM
I'm generally against the death penalty, but as long as it's around, this guy is a great candidate.

no argument

CCOKC
11-10-2009, 04:39 PM
I remember when this happened my mother decided to take a vacation to DC. It was great irony that my mom was doing something I thought was incredibly stupid and she kept saying "I'll be fine, stop worrying." Needless to say I worried the whole time she was there and everytime there was another shooting. I guess I figured out what she felt like everytime I did something stupid.

PennyQuilts
11-10-2009, 04:57 PM
It was a scary time. You may recall that he ambused a child at a school, no less. That child survived (his aunt who was dropping him off was an ER nurse). Before that happened, there was a lot of talk of how awful it would be if he did something like that. Made me wonder if he didn't do that just because the shock value appealed to him. We used to wonder if he'd shoot someone in their home and since we lived near a forested area with large windows, it made us nervous. What a monster.

dismayed
11-10-2009, 09:48 PM
I did not realize this, but the "DC Sniper" went on a cross-country trip from California, through Texas, to the East Coast over the course of that summer. Some speculate that many unsolved shootings across the country may have been committed by him. That is so scary to think about.

PennyQuilts
11-11-2009, 06:46 AM
The man hunted humans for sport. And taught young Malvo to kill. He'd rigged his car akin to a deer blind to be able to shoot undetected. Pure evil.

gmwise
11-11-2009, 08:29 AM
part of the problem of a highly mobile society.