View Full Version : Oklahoma, a great investment.

RedDirt717
11-08-2009, 10:32 AM
I'm constantly amazed at how often our state has been mentioned as a bedrock of economic practices gone right.

I was doing some research on some Oklahoma investments and happened upon this.

ADDING and REPLACING OOK Advisors Launches First Oklahoma-Based Exchange-Traded Fund | Reuters (http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS185736+29-Oct-2009+BW20091029)

It's Oklahoma's very own exchange traded fund!

"This fund is one of the first of its kind," said Keith Geary, chairman of OOK
Advisors. "Investors now have a vehicle to invest in several Oklahoma-based
public companies all at once through OOK."

Adding to the momentum was Kramer from "Mad Money" hosting a show from The University of Oklahoma. It's such a fun time to be an Oklahoman.

Invest in Oklahoma!

Cramer's Mad Money - You're Doing Fine Oklahoma (10/30/09) -- Seeking Alpha (http://seekingalpha.com/article/170312-cramer-s-mad-money-you-re-doing-fine-oklahoma-10-30-09)

bradzilla
11-08-2009, 05:39 PM
great, so state based companies can get involved with the newyork pump and dump schemes.....

maybe we can have a unrealistic housing and commercial boom and then catch up to the rest of the country. :doh:

mugofbeer
11-09-2009, 10:35 AM
great, so state based companies can get involved with the newyork pump and dump schemes.....

maybe we can have a unrealistic housing and commercial boom and then catch up to the rest of the country. :doh:

You obviously don't know what you are talking about so don't invest in it. You really don't have a clue what this is about, do you?

dp1974
12-23-2009, 01:49 PM
Might as well just invest in an energy ETF. About 89% of the fund is energy companies. Much cheaper and much more diversification in an energy etf.

bretthexum
12-24-2009, 08:05 AM
Really never understood the point of these ETF's. I can see if the companies in the state did 100% of their biz in-state.... but they don't. Seems a little gimicky to me.