View Full Version : Is this Turning into OKCPoliceTalk?

soonerguru
11-07-2009, 12:50 AM
Seriously, can we confine the cop and fire threads to one, or just dump them altogether? Every argument has been beaten to death already and my guess is that the posters here are 80+ percent in favor of MAPS.

kevinpate
11-07-2009, 03:10 AM
two or three are not that many. shoot fire and save dem matches, even adding this one ain't exactly overkill. The one thread that became two briquettes short of a flame fest many pages ago, I don't even read. easy peasy to just walk on by a thread that's of no import or interest.

dmoor82
11-07-2009, 05:37 AM
one thread would be nice! but make NO mistake fireman and policeman are some of the most important people in our society! they deserve alot more respect then they get!and what really pisses me off is they put themselves in harmsway for US,and they get paid squat,I mean decent pay for any regular job but these aint no regular jobs!teachers,fireman,policeman,doctors,and ooo yeah our Military all deserve the highest pay of any profession,doctors not so much-they get paid alot as it is!Have you seen what our avg. millitary starting pay is,hell my Cousin Joey is a Captain in The Marines and doesnt get paid what I'd thought he would!and teachers,Cops,Fireman-they get ok pay, but is OK pay good enough for these very very very important people!All this said,yes I would like to see this all dumped into 1 thread!

mecarr
11-07-2009, 08:29 AM
and what really pisses me off is they put themselves in harmsway for US,and they get paid squat!

Want your taxes raised? That's how they get paid. I always find it ironic when people bitch about police, cops not getting paid enough but then they don't want to pay higher taxes to make it happen.

dmoor82
11-07-2009, 09:42 AM
Want your taxes raised? That's how they get paid. I always find it ironic when people bitch about police, cops not getting paid enough but then they don't want to pay higher taxes to make it happen.

^^^ I would vote YES on any tax increase for our 1st responders!:congrats:

hoya
11-07-2009, 02:46 PM
one thread would be nice! but make NO mistake fireman and policeman are some of the most important people in our society! they deserve alot more respect then they get!and what really pisses me off is they put themselves in harmsway for US,and they get paid squat,I mean decent pay for any regular job but these aint no regular jobs!teachers,fireman,policeman,doctors,and ooo yeah our Military all deserve the highest pay of any profession,doctors not so much-they get paid alot as it is!Have you seen what our avg. millitary starting pay is,hell my Cousin Joey is a Captain in The Marines and doesnt get paid what I'd thought he would!and teachers,Cops,Fireman-they get ok pay, but is OK pay good enough for these very very very important people!All this said,yes I would like to see this all dumped into 1 thread!

Okay, that's all a bunch of crap.

Cops, firemen, teachers, soldiers, they get enough respect. Everybody falls all over themselves to give these people respect. And you know what? A lot of times it's not earned. Everyone tries to hold up the ideal as though all members of that profession live up to it. But they don't. Not all cops are nice happy guys who risk their lives every day to save innocent people. I've got a friend, her ex was a cop. He'd beat the hell out of her, and his buddies on the force would cover for him. Do those guys deserve honor and respect?

Respect people for who they are, not for what job title they hold.

Pete
11-07-2009, 02:55 PM
The last thing we need is ANOTHER thread. Thanks.