View Full Version : Christmas Music hits the airwaves in Tulsa.

oneforone
11-03-2009, 09:40 AM
100000watts.com a radio industry website tracks the Christmas Stations every holiday season because most end up flipping into a new format on December 25. I guess you could call it Christmas present to the listeners.

100000watts.com (http://www.100000watts.com/specials.asp)

106.1 and 92.9 have already made the switch.

CHRISTMAS 106.1 | Tulsa's Holiday Music Station (http://www.kooltulsa.com/main.html)

92.9 KBEZ | Today's Variety & Yesterday's Favorites (http://www.kbez.com/)

Luke
11-04-2009, 04:39 AM
I love Christmas music.

When do any of OKC's stations switch?

bluedogok
11-04-2009, 11:16 AM
My wife starts listening to the stuff in August, she listens to the Sirius/XM holiday station when they go live with Christmas music.

Charlie40
11-04-2009, 11:21 AM
Please post any OKC radio stations that are scheduled to play christmas music this year. They usually start the day after Thanksgiving.

OKCisOK4me
11-04-2009, 12:08 PM
Please post any OKC radio stations that are scheduled to play christmas music this year. They usually start the day after Thanksgiving.

THANK GOD for that!

I swear.....10 years from now, we're gonna hear XMas music at the end of August! And it won't stop until Valentine's Day......ugggghhhh.

Bunty
11-04-2009, 08:37 PM
KMGL on 104.1 has done nothing but Christmas music before. Don't know if they will again this year.

oneforone
11-06-2009, 08:40 AM
KMGL on 104.1 has done nothing but Christmas music before. Don't know if they will again this year.

They have the last few holiday seasons. They usually wait until the week of the Thanksgiving to start it. I think last year they started it on Wedneday morning of that week.

PennyQuilts
11-06-2009, 08:48 AM
I think the radio stations should start playing things like, "Happy Days Are Here Again," and other chipper tunes. I thought about putting the BC Clark jingle on my blog but it is too early and would completely befuddle anyone who wasn't from Oklahoma.

Midtowner
11-06-2009, 08:53 AM
Working retail all through undergrad and college, Christmas music invokes the memory of long hours, crowded stores and rude customers.

Not to mention, being a musician, I played just about every Christmas song to death from middle school clear through my last semester as an undergrad, I had to play some form of Christmas music in a rehearsal.

I've been ruined, I think, when it comes to that sort of music.

rondvu
11-09-2009, 01:57 PM
I think they should turn Crossroads Mall into a SuperExtravagantSuperCenterYearoundNorthPoleCityde stination. With moving sidewalks and restaurants.

kevinpate
11-09-2009, 06:25 PM
It's enough that 70% of the lights are on the house already, though better the roof lights go in place in decent weather and this weekend did provide that.

Blessedly there is consensus not to plug them in this early. As for tunes on the radio, if I hear it before Black Friday, I will switch the station. Even that is early for me, but not so early that I'll go to battle over it.

Yes, I have gone out at 3 on Christmas Eve day and finished the shopping before 6:20, and yes, I have done very well. In that area, I am just that good.