View Full Version : Inviting in Misery and Disease

PennyQuilts
10-30-2009, 06:50 PM
Obama Ends U.S. Travel Ban On Visitors, Immigrants With HIV-AIDS - Political Punch (http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/10/obama-ends-travel-ban-on-foreigners-with-hivaids.html)

Can someone please help me to understand why the President thinks it is a good idea to make it easier for infected people to enter our country? They are very likely to infect others - and increase our health care costs and human misery in our country. Good lord, you can't even donate blood if you have recently traveled to many countries with high HIV/AIDS rates. This is another example of being more concerned about world opinion than what is in the best interests of our citizens. I just don't get how this helps us. Isn't he supposed to be protecting us? This is brain dead. These infected people already could get into the this country if they jumped through hoops and it was safe. Why just open the door?

<<Starting Monday, foreigners with HIV-AIDS will be able to travel or immigrate to the United States without having to get a waiver from the Department of Homeland Security.

Today President Obama eliminated a travel ban that had been in place since 1993, forbidding people with HIV-AIDS from travelling to the US. “If we want to be the global leader in combating HIV/AIDS, we need to act like it,” the President said today.>>

This is frickin' bizarro world. The article talks about gay disease and all that rot. African countries have awful rates, primarily spread by heterosexual contact. This steams me - people will die because of a stupid political decision. This is not about gay rights. This is about .. what? What is the point of making it easier for our citizens to get a horrible disease? We have led the world in helping Africa fight this blight. We have nothing to be ashamed of in how we have been a good neighbor, world wide, on the fight against AIDS. Why make it easier for our citizens to be infected?

gmwise
10-30-2009, 07:34 PM
Obama Ends U.S. Travel Ban On Visitors, Immigrants With HIV-AIDS - Political Punch (http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/10/obama-ends-travel-ban-on-foreigners-with-hivaids.html)

Can someone please help me to understand why the President thinks it is a good idea to make it easier for infected people to enter our country? They are very likely to infect others - and increase our health care costs and human misery in our country. Good lord, you can't even donate blood if you have recently traveled to many countries with high HIV/AIDS rates. This is another example of being more concerned about world opinion than what is in the best interests of our citizens. I just don't get how this helps us. Isn't he supposed to be protecting us? This is brain dead. These infected people already could get into the this country if they jumped through hoops and it was safe. Why just open the door?

<<Starting Monday, foreigners with HIV-AIDS will be able to travel or immigrate to the United States without having to get a waiver from the Department of Homeland Security.

Today President Obama eliminated a travel ban that had been in place since 1993, forbidding people with HIV-AIDS from travelling to the US. “If we want to be the global leader in combating HIV/AIDS, we need to act like it,” the President said today.>>

This is frickin' bizarro world. The article talks about gay disease and all that rot. African countries have awful rates, primarily spread by heterosexual contact. This steams me - people will die because of a stupid political decision. This is not about gay rights. This is about .. what? What is the point of making it easier for our citizens to get a horrible disease? We have led the world in helping Africa fight this blight. We have nothing to be ashamed of in how we have been a good neighbor, world wide, on the fight against AIDS. Why make it easier for our citizens to be infected?

I agree.
We should restrict travelers in regards with Rush Limbaugh whose traveling repeatedly to the Dominican Republic for underage sex and drugs, they should really keep him out.
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0706062rush1.html

MadMonk
10-30-2009, 09:23 PM
Oh pooh PennyQuilts, you know that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger! Obama is obviously employing tough love in an effort to strengthen our collective immune system. If a few lowly citizens die, when that's just the price we must pay to continue our march toward better relations with the global community.

And I'm positive that gmwise has documented proof of Rush's underage sex escapades and drug use there. Otherwise he would never post such a accusation against the man he obviously idolizes and immortalizes in his avatar (as unhealthy an obsession as that is)!

gmwise
10-30-2009, 10:03 PM
sarcasm

MadMonk
10-30-2009, 10:06 PM
Sorry, forgot the tags. ;)

Easy180
10-31-2009, 08:41 AM

**He tipped his hat to his predecessor for starting the process. “Congress and President Bush began this process last year, and they ought to be commended for it. We are finishing the job. It's a step that will encourage people to get tested and get treatment, it's a step that will keep families together, and it's a step that will save lives.”**

The ban sent the message that we consider these folks to be lepers...Doubt it will make much of a difference but it's a nice message to the millions of people afflicted

PennyQuilts
10-31-2009, 09:10 AM
It increases our health care costs and puts many at increased risk. How is that good for us? Other than PR?

Easy180
10-31-2009, 09:22 AM
Like I said...This is just a positive message to the millions afflicted with this disease and will have very little impact on our visitor count

You won't see anything come out of the lift

lump9816
10-31-2009, 09:36 AM
Not such a big deal, we're gonna be given "free" health care anyway aren't we?

gmwise
10-31-2009, 12:17 PM
Not such a big deal, we're gonna be given "free" health care anyway aren't we?

But this has to do with non citizens.
Just FYI, if I was in need of healthcare in a European nation.
They would do what is needed, citizenship is secondary, payment is dead last.

ronronnie1
11-13-2009, 12:21 AM
I agree.
We should restrict travelers in regards with Rush Limbaugh whose traveling repeatedly to the Dominican Republic for underage sex and drugs, they should really keep him out.
Rush Limbaugh's Dominican Stag Party - July 6, 2006 (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0706062rush1.html)

OMG you made my day! Smile on my face from ear to ear.

mugofbeer
11-13-2009, 10:09 AM
Political Correctness strikes again!

gmwise
11-13-2009, 04:12 PM
where?