View Full Version : Yet another nice plug for OKC!

mugofbeer
10-27-2009, 10:14 PM
NewsOK (http://newsok.com/ou-center-makes-best-list/article/3412296?custom_click=lead_story_title)

Doug Loudenback
10-27-2009, 11:01 PM
Wow. That's another notch in Okc's belt, and a very good one, at that.

Although I'm a cautious person about national press stuff (it can turn sour just as quickly just as it was sweet in the beginning), a composite list of all of these Okc "best" lists should be put together in one place so that we can all beam and beam and beam all the more in justified pride in our city. While the "beaming" on a particular item may not last (I'm saying this based upon looking at the time period between 1889 and now), well, maybe now it will and maybe the old cycles are finally broken for all time.

Regardless, thanks for noting this latest addition to the positive list, mug.

Blazerfan11
10-28-2009, 07:37 PM
I wish I worked there, would love to walk to work!

EBAH
10-29-2009, 02:21 PM
Wow, thats really great!

RedDirt717
10-29-2009, 02:50 PM
This is actually a pretty big deal. People at work (hospital I work at) were talking about this, saying to be even mentioned with the other institutions on there was an incredible honor.

Some of the most ground breaking advancements in Cancer research have been coming out of OUHSC for the last decade. The next 50 years are going to see a boon in the international economy from healthcare, it's going to be as important as energy or agriculture and OKC is really at the forefront of making that a major part of our economy. I'm pretty excited about the possibilities, of the next 20 years. By the time I'm reaching middle age OKC could be one of the premier cities in the world for healthcare and energy.