View Full Version : Any radio scanner people out there

scootweather
10-27-2009, 05:06 PM
I've been scanning for about a month and streaming last few weeks with my digital scanner but since 10 am this morning I haven't heard a single tone nor talk from the Norman FD/EMS dispatch channel. Does anyone know if they have just switched channels or something?
Thanks
Scott

kd5ili
10-27-2009, 05:35 PM
There have been no changes that I am aware of. It's possible that you have been monitoring a VHF feed of their 800 system, and it's been shut down for some reason.

-Chris-

scootweather
10-27-2009, 06:02 PM
There have been no changes that I am aware of. It's possible that you have been monitoring a VHF feed of their 800 system, and it's been shut down for some reason.

-Chris-

So is there another frequency. I have the default loadup from Radio Shack here in Norman. It is using the OK State TRS. I can still here the police band but really care more about the fire/ems side. I have to say though I haven't heard any ambulance sirens on this side of town and there is a garage over here for one of the ambulance and station 3 isn't that far away from me either. I also think there is an grass fire out east, but can't confirm that neither.

scootweather
10-27-2009, 06:02 PM
I am also on yahoo msger if you would like to answer me that way. scoots2281 yahoo com I am also on facebook Scott Nordstrom

woodyrr
11-21-2009, 11:14 AM
Sorry I'm late to this thread. Norman PD and Fire have been playing musical talkgroups on the trunked system lately. The City of Norman is on the State of Oklahoma DPS / City of Tulsa trunked radio system and frequencies and talkgroups for the entire system are entered here: State of Oklahoma DPS / City of Tulsa Trunking System, Various, Oklahoma - Scanner Frequencies (http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=844) as they are discovered.

For discussion related to scanning in Oklahoma see here: Oklahoma Radio Discussion Forum - The RadioReference.com Forums (http://forums.radioreference.com/oklahoma-radio-discussion-forum/)

Good luck.