View Full Version : Article about Oklahoma City sports and NBA team

OUman
10-26-2009, 07:18 AM
Thought I would post this here, nice to read.

Source: Oklahoma City, you have my apologies | John McGrath - The News Tribune | Seattle-Tacoma News, Weather, Sports, Jobs, Homes and Cars | South Puget Sound's Destination (http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/columnists/mcgrath/story/929706.html)

kevinpate
10-26-2009, 08:23 AM
A wee bit diggy still yet, but way more mellow than what came from the region a while back. He's right about the ballpark though, 100%.

mugofbeer
10-26-2009, 09:42 AM
I hope he comes back in a couple of years to see what changes take place. For a city that has virtually no natural physical attraction, we are doing a pretty good job. Too bad we don't have the Puget Sound, the Cascades, Mount Ranier, a climate where you can put a 2x4 in the ground and it will grow, trees, trees, and more trees....

smooth
10-26-2009, 09:54 AM
Good article! I hope the rest of the Seattle area follows suit and realizes Oklahoma City is not all pickups, beer and chewing tobacco.

soonerguru
10-26-2009, 10:52 AM
I have never once seen fans "tailgating" before a RedHawks game, but we'll take the positive pub'.

betts
10-26-2009, 11:26 AM
"Which is my way of saying: I’m sorry, Oklahoma City. When the SuperSonics relocated to the American Heartland after 40 years in Seattle, I put the place down with all the knee-jerk stereotypes. You know, a dusty, boring, smelly cowtown in the middle of nowhere, full of tobacco-spitting hicks unworthy of appreciating any sporting event that didn’t include ropes and horses."

My point: some people do see us as "dusty"

However, it is a nice article.

jbrown84
10-26-2009, 03:03 PM
I have never once seen fans "tailgating" before a RedHawks game, but we'll take the positive pub'.

I thought it was a funny assumption as well. Sure we tailgate college football games, but where in this country do people tailgate professional baseball games?

Urbanized
10-26-2009, 03:14 PM
Milwaukee. Can't think of too many others off the top of my head.

kevinpate
10-26-2009, 06:57 PM
I thought it was a funny assumption as well. Sure we tailgate college football games, but where in this country do people tailgate professional baseball games?

Seems I recall an article or two in times gone by of folks who did tailgate, including a crew of fans that tailgated on the upper level of the parking garage, not to avoid tickets, they were avid fans and ticket holders, it's just something they did a time or two.

Or maybe I dreamed the whole thing, but I don't think so.

I've never eyeballed anyone tailgating a hawks game, but There are certainly places where it could be fun

jbrown84
10-26-2009, 09:36 PM
Oh right. I have seen them tailgating in the garage. Not so far-fetched after all!