View Full Version : Inspectors find many health code violations

Keith
02-07-2005, 08:01 AM
Inspectors found quite a few health code violations in several restaurants in south Okla. City. From oriental restaurants, to steak houses, to fast food restaurants, the large amount of code violations were stunning. Even more stunning, were some of the owners failing to correct the major problems. There are some businesses listed in these inspections that should be closed down for good, for health and safety reasons.

http://www.newsok.com/article/1417862/?template=home/main

hailmary57yd
02-07-2005, 09:47 AM
I didn't know that before. I think that I've been some of the restaraunts so far. Actually, I didn't feel any strange thing when I ate some of their food. By the way, do you know where can I check restaraunts' status in Oklahoma? To where should I report ?

Keith
02-07-2005, 10:07 AM
I didn't know that before. I think that I've been some of the restaraunts so far. Actually, I didn't feel any strange thing when I ate some of their food. By the way, do you know where can I check restaraunts' status in Oklahoma? To where should I report ?

Hi, hailmary57yd, click on the link below, and it will take you to diners digest. At diners digest, you can find out about any restaurant that has had a code violation, plus, there is a phone number that you can call to either report a violation, or just get information.

http://www.dinersdigest.com/

Midtowner
02-07-2005, 11:29 AM
The Oklahoma State Department of Health is who inspects these facilities. They also take complaints from customers.

Jay
02-07-2005, 09:46 PM
The biggest problem southside restaurants face is age. That is why many southside eateries have closed and rebuilt. Such as the KFC, Long Johns and the Mcdonalds at 240 and Western. Though I think I will avoid eating at the Mcdonald's on 59th and Penn and shopping the Hong Kong Market on 89th.

On a side note I don't know if anyone has noticed Mcdonalds has either remodeled, moved or replaced most of their old stores. Proof of that is the one near 63rd and May it has been torn down and is now being rebuilt.

Patrick
02-08-2005, 01:15 AM
I find it interesting that the quality of the restaurant really plays no factor into cleanliness. Some of the worst restaurants were more expensive dining options. Waterford Marriott was worse than the Jesus House. More health violations were found at the Greens Gold and Raquet Club tan Carver Correctional Facility. And the Petroleum Club was found to have more violations than the City Rescue Mission!

Obviously, price doesn't make a difference.

Well, I know one thing is for sure...Patrick's kitchen is clean! That's why I don't go out to eat very often!

Jay
02-08-2005, 08:10 PM
"Well, I know one thing is for sure...Patrick's kitchen is clean! That's why I don't go out to eat very often!"

You know that's what the experts say. "Eat a home cooked meal as often as possible. So that you know exactly what your eating and that is properly prepared." This is also the best way to eat healthy as well. Then again I am sure you knew that being your a med student and all.

1adam12
02-08-2005, 08:26 PM
As much as I eat out, I am very lucky that I haven't ever gotten sick on the food. One good thing, though, is that many places I go to are recommended by other officers. I will never eat at a chinese restaurant, periodhttp://www.okctalk.com/images/Smailies%2001-28-08/sick.gif

Jay
02-09-2005, 12:58 AM
Anything you would recommend to we citizens. I've heard many officers frequent the Skiline on 15th street. I also see alot cruisers at denny's on 240 and at Golden Corral on May.

Patrick
02-09-2005, 01:24 AM
You know that's what the experts say. "Eat a home cooked meal as often as possible. So that you know exactly what your eating and that is properly prepared." This is also the best way to eat healthy as well. Then again I am sure you knew that being your a med student and all.[/size][/font]

Unfortunately, not all of us medical folks live up to the expectations we have for our patients! I don't think it's necessarily bad eating out, it's just bad what some people choose to eat when they eat out, often times a lot of greasy fried food. Buffet style restaurants can actually be quite healthy if people watch how much they eat, and choose a balance of many different types of foods.

Seems like Luke is actual the diet pro on here. He's definitely eating far better than me! Hopefully that will change soon, as I'm going to purchase a book he recommended.