View Full Version : Gay Tulsan beaten because of his sexual orientation

Pages : [1] 2

scootinger
10-20-2009, 03:21 AM
Tulsa World: Tulsa man says he was beaten because he's gay (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20091020_11_A9_Whatsh689202)

sad and rather unfortunate.

nighttrain12
10-20-2009, 08:34 AM
Two WOMEN and one man are the suspects?

Midtowner
10-20-2009, 08:38 AM
Stay classy, 'Christians.'

DaveSkater
10-20-2009, 08:49 AM

I didn't see anywhere in the article that they were Christians. In fact, due to the nature of what occurred I'd submit that they weren't Christians at all. Quite the opposite actually.

Tulsa Police Officer Leland Ashley said the people who are accused of attacking Patrick are at large and were seen in a maroon Ford Mustang from the late 1990s or early 2000s.

Patrick described them as a woman in her early 40s and another woman and man, both in their late teens or early 20s.

Patrick said he regularly walks through the neighborhood and doesn't know his attackers. They might have seen him previously and decided to act Sunday, he said

Sorry asshole trailer trash hillbilly's that probably never saw the inside of a church, I'd wager.

Sad news nonetheless. I feel sorry for the poor boy.

nighttrain12
10-20-2009, 08:51 AM

Are you referring to 'Christian' posters on this message board or are you ASSuming something about the 3 suspects. I am going to ASSume the 3 suspects had alcohol and/or drugs in their system at the time of their criminal act though I could be wrong.

Midtowner
10-20-2009, 08:51 AM
I didn't see anywhere in the article that they were Christians. In fact, due to the nature of what occurred I'd submit that they weren't Christians at all. Quite the opposite actually.

I put it in single quotes. Most violence against gays is based upon religious misconceptions. True story.

nighttrain12
10-20-2009, 08:53 AM
I put it in single quotes. Most violence against gays is based upon religious misconceptions. True story.

Proof? Or just religious bashing on your part?

Midtowner
10-20-2009, 08:55 AM
Pick a link, any link:

violence gays religious - Google Search (http://www.google.com/search?q=violence+gays+religious&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a)

PennyQuilts
10-20-2009, 08:55 AM
I'm waiting to hear the rest of the story. This one is so bizarre I expect there is more to come.

nighttrain12
10-20-2009, 09:01 AM
Midtowner, I am sure you could find plenty of stories of drunk and/or drugged out people commiting hate crimes also. I'll choose to ASSume that is what happened and you choose to ASSume what you wish.

Martin
10-20-2009, 09:04 AM
I'll choose to ASSume that is what happened and you choose to ASSume what you wish.
enough with the "ASSume"... talk like an adult. -M

Caboose
10-20-2009, 09:05 AM
How did these people who did not know him know that he was gay?

Caboose
10-20-2009, 09:07 AM
"Although Oklahoma isn't known for being particularly gay-friendly, gay men and lesbians are attacked at about the same rate as their urban counterparts in places such as New York and Chicago, Jenkins said. "

That is going to throw a wrench into some people's ideology.

DaveSkater
10-20-2009, 09:07 AM
Just because you "claim" to be a Christian doesn't make you one. Your actions determine that. Based solely on what occurred to this poor young man, I'll guarantee without a shred of doubt that these three azzholes were not Christians.

Midtowner, are you having a bad morning or something?

Midtowner
10-20-2009, 09:11 AM
Ah, so we get to make post-hoc determinations of people's belonging to a religion based solely upon our perceptions of their actions?

I suppose then, you'd agree that the 9/11 terrorists were not Muslims then?

PennyQuilts
10-20-2009, 09:25 AM
You might just as well claim these people were muslims as christians, for the love of Pete. They execute gays in some muslem countries. If these rowdies were out rolling gays, I doubt a christian background or any religious background had anything to do with it. They just sound mean.

Caboose

Ah, so we get to make post-hoc determinations of people's belonging to a religion based solely upon our perceptions of their actions?

Haha. Nice self-ownage.

Massive epic FAIL.

DaveSkater
Hey, this apple is the same size as this orange!

To answer your specific questions, yes and no. In that order.

Would you have us believe that Bin Ladin isn't a muslim? Doesn't their religion teach the holy Jihad? Those terrorists that actually did the 9/11 crimes are now enjoying their virgins in heaven, according to the dictates of their religion.

Those maniacs who visited the violence on the poor tulsa boy named Patrick will have a lot of atoning to do with God before they can be considered anything even remotely close to a christian.

Am I totally missing something here? A ten year old knows this.....

Midtowner
10-20-2009, 09:41 AM
Haha. Nice self-ownage.

Massive epic FAIL.

Read for context.

Do you think I may have been asking a rhetorical question?

Midtowner
10-20-2009, 09:44 AM
Would you have us believe that Bin Ladin isn't a muslim? Doesn't their religion teach the holy Jihad? Those terrorists that actually did the 9/11 crimes are now enjoying their virgins in heaven, according to the dictates of their religion.

That depends on who you ask. Most Muslims, at least those in first world countries would probably disagree with you. Religion leaves an awful lot open to interpretation. For example, we Christians once thought it was our Divinely inspired duty to massacre all the Muslims in the Holy Land.

Those maniacs who visited the violence on the poor tulsa boy named Patrick will have a lot of atoning to do with God before they can be considered anything even remotely close to a christian.

Maybe so... or maybe they think they will be rewarded for their actions in the next life.. Who is to say what is right or wrong? People have been perverting the aims of religion since religion has existed.

nik4411
10-20-2009, 10:12 AM
wow real cool turning this into a religious discussion.

i agree with caboos.

FAIL.

back to the topic. i too wonder how they knew he was gay if they didnt know him

ddavidson8
10-20-2009, 10:27 AM
Make no mistake, this wasn't a LOVE CRIME, it was a HATE CRIME.

Caboose
10-20-2009, 06:32 PM
Read for context.

Do you think I may have been asking a rhetorical question?

Well, I don't know what you are going to try to claim to have meant.... but what you were intending is pretty obvious. And that you made yourself look like an ass is pretty obvious.

RedDirt717
10-20-2009, 09:45 PM
Pick a link, any link:

violence gays religious - Google Search (http://www.google.com/search?q=violence+gays+religious&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a)

Is that supposed to be proof?

Midtowner
10-20-2009, 10:07 PM
Is that supposed to be proof?

Are we really playing that game? Are you really suggesting that folks don't commit crimes against gays in the name of religion?

ronronnie1
10-20-2009, 10:43 PM
Oklahoma living up to its reputation. Ugh. On a positive note, soon federal law will include sexual orientation in regards to hate crimes.

mugofbeer
10-20-2009, 11:30 PM
Oklahoma living up to its reputation. Ugh. On a positive note, soon federal law will include sexual orientation in regards to hate crimes.

And what reputation may that be? I've lived several places and never has anyone mentioned Oklahoma as a place where gay people get beaten up because they are gay. Can you provide a link to this reputation? Now if you want to talk about a reputation of our legislature coming up with goofy laws such as the one about public reporting of abortions I'll agree to that one....

PennyQuilts
10-21-2009, 04:05 AM
And what reputation may that be? I've lived several places and never has anyone mentioned Oklahoma as a place where gay people get beaten up because they are gay. Can you provide a link to this reputation? Now if you want to talk about a reputation of our legislature coming up with goofy laws such as the one about public reporting of abortions I'll agree to that one....

Not even the lefties tend to respond to her hateful, attention seeking comments, Mug. Waste of time and energy.

nik4411
10-21-2009, 12:45 PM
haha, its reputation? how stupid.

Caboose
10-21-2009, 01:33 PM

Some people are too brain dead to think for themselves, mugs.

Directly from the article:

"Although Oklahoma isn't known for being particularly gay-friendly, gay men and lesbians are attacked at about the same rate as their urban counterparts in places such as New York and Chicago, Jenkins said."

People like ronronnie will not let facts get in the way of their dogmatic belief systems.

Heyuri
10-21-2009, 01:39 PM
Some people are too brain dead to think for themselves, mugs.

Directly from the article:

"Although Oklahoma isn't known for being particularly gay-friendly, gay men and lesbians are attacked at about the same rate as their urban counterparts in places such as New York and Chicago, Jenkins said."

People like ronronnie will not let facts get in the way of their dogmatic belief systems.

Comparing frequency of attacks isnt the only measurement of 'gay-friendly'. If it were, Iran would be the most gay friendly place on earth, because as their leader likes to say 'there are no gays in Iran'.

gmwise
10-21-2009, 02:06 PM
psst Heyuri...there is dont tell..

Daveskater, my hopes is the virgins is all guys for the 9/11 terrorists...LOL
I think that was on Family Guy..

gmwise
10-21-2009, 02:07 PM
I am trying patiently to hear more about this story.
But it angers me a great deal.
So far I havent launch a retaliatory strike on OBU or ORU.

Caboose
10-21-2009, 03:42 PM
I am trying patiently to hear more about this story.
But it angers me a great deal.
So far I havent launch a retaliatory strike on OBU or ORU.

Are OBU or ORU responsible? What a disturbing thing for you to even think about. Must be hard living with all that hate and intolerance inside you.

PennyQuilts
10-21-2009, 03:57 PM
To me, GM sounded like he was not happy about this but trying to keep a sense of humor and fairness...

RedDirt717
10-21-2009, 04:05 PM
People get beat up all the time. Just because this guy happened to be gay doesn't mean anything. In fact the title of this thread is deceiving because nowhere have I read that his sexual orientation is why he got beat up, just an assumption.

gmwise
10-21-2009, 04:11 PM
To me, GM sounded like he was not happy about this but trying to keep a sense of humor and fairness...

lol on the nose PQ

ronronnie1
10-21-2009, 04:20 PM
People get beat up all the time. Just because this guy happened to be gay doesn't mean anything. In fact the title of this thread is deceiving because nowhere have I read that his sexual orientation is why he got beat up, just an assumption.

***Homophobe Alert***

:ohno:

gmwise
10-21-2009, 04:23 PM
I agree with Reddirt, wait for more info.
Dont be too quick on judging it.
BUT, if its found to be the case 1st air strikes, artillery, then Armor ,and mech divisions for clean up.

PennyQuilts
10-21-2009, 04:51 PM
I am not saying that gays should be beat up - I have a gay brother who was beat up once (that I know of) and that is where I'm coming from. And I don't know how this guy was behaving before getting beat up by three thugs. And no matter what, they had to be thugs to do this.

That all being said - people who broadcast their sexuality in public in rude ways (and I am not saying this man did that but some do) make me want to puke and hit them over the head with a pool cue. Flamboyant gay guys, stupid 18 year old gurls who think they are hot (especially since I'm not, anymore -grrr), brain dead 26 year old young men with muscle tone and a penchant for posing, folks like that.

PennyQuilts
10-21-2009, 04:52 PM

Didn't the guy claim the thugs were yelling homophobic slurs?

RedDirt717
10-22-2009, 02:50 AM
Didn't the guy claim the thugs were yelling homophobic slurs?

That's what he claimed.

I'm not seeing any hard evidence. The guy could have just been in the wrong place at the wrong time. I've gotten "jumped" a few times in my life, never for anything other than being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Maybe he did get attacked because of his sexual orientation, it happens, but I dont see the point in automatically assuming this guy got attacked because of his homosexuality for the sake of him being a homosexual.

RedDirt717
10-22-2009, 03:01 AM
***Homophobe Alert***

:ohno:

Says the person that knows nothing about me.

You know for an "open minded", "love is the answer" liberal you sure do make assumptions without much evidence. Then again that explains 95% of the vomit you spray on this board. Quick, snarky, uneducated, one liners.

One of my best friends is les, she's taken me to just about every gay club in the city. I'm a pro gay rights republican, I've spoken at a log cabin republican convention on the ills of intolerance a few years ago. I've got several dozen gay friends I have friendships with, the point is...until the hard facts come out this is just another guy that got beat up. I've had people drive by and yell out "***got" or "homo" before and I'm not gay, it's just something retard hillbillies say ad nausium and we dont even know if they actually said things like this.

Don't start name calling until you have an idea about what you're talking about, or who you're talking about.

Caboose
10-22-2009, 07:54 AM

You know for an "open minded", "love is the answer" liberal you sure do make assumptions without much evidence. Then again that explains 95% of the vomit you spray on this board. Quick, snarky, uneducated, one liners.

One of my best friends is les, she's taken me to just about every gay club in the city. I'm a pro gay rights republican, I've spoken at a log cabin republican convention on the ills of intolerance a few years ago. I've got several dozen gay friends I have friendships with, the point is...until the hard facts come out this is just another guy that got beat up. I've had people drive by and yell out "***got" or "homo" before and I'm not gay, it's just something retard hillbillies say ad nausium and we dont even know if they actually said things like this.

Don't start name calling until you have an idea about what you're talking about, or who you're talking about.

The facts don't matter to the political Left. You are a racist and a homophobe until your learn to regurgitate the same ideological mantras that they do. NO ONE does intolerance like the Left.

ronronnie1
10-22-2009, 10:14 AM

Kinda like the racist who says, "I have a lot of black friends." You earn no points because you hung out with some lesbian a few weekends ago.

It's quite obvious that this guy was beaten up just for being gay. If it turns out that it was for some other reason, then I'll admit that. But for you to sit there and essentially take up for the gay bashers, well... If it walks like a duck...

mugofbeer
10-22-2009, 10:21 AM
Kinda like the racist who says, "I have a lot of black friends." You earn no points because you hung out with some lesbian a few weekends ago.

It's quite obvious that this guy was beaten up just for being gay. If it turns out that it was for some other reason, then I'll admit that. But for you to sit there and essentially take up for the gay bashers, well... If it walks like a duck...

No difference in intolerance for gays and intolerance for anyone who doesn't have the same opinion of you. Intolerance is intolerance, no matter what feathers you may wear. Your comments show conservative-hater, centerist-hater, religious-hater, OKC-hater, - - - if it walks like a duck......

ronronnie1
10-22-2009, 10:25 AM
^^^ The only difference is that conservatives don't get beaten to death because "the bible" says it's okay to do so.

You can do better then that, Mugs. You get a D+... The + is for effort.

jc4455
10-22-2009, 10:28 AM
umm, if they were really redneck homophobe gay-bashers like alot of people claim, why did they bite him?

Wouldn't a homophobe just assume that all homosexuals are infected with HIV/Aids?

mugofbeer
10-22-2009, 10:29 AM
Thanks, coming from you I could care less - try making some sense with your comments next time.

RedDirt717
10-22-2009, 11:34 AM
^^^ The only difference is that conservatives don't get beaten to death because "the bible" says it's okay to do so.

You can do better then that, Mugs. You get a D+... The + is for effort.

You really are a special kind of bigot.

DaveSkater
10-22-2009, 11:53 AM
Just special, actually....

gmwise
10-22-2009, 04:57 PM
just special, actually....

and me?!?!?!?!?!!?!

Bunty
10-22-2009, 07:52 PM
One of my best friends is les, she's taken me to just about every gay club in the city. I'm a pro gay rights republican, I've spoken at a log cabin republican convention on the ills of intolerance a few years ago.

Oh, do tell, how in the world can it be possible there can be such a thing as a pro gay rights Republican? After all, I thought Republicans believed there can no be gay rights because they would only be special rights. You pass anti-discrimination laws to protect gays. Then on the day they go into effect, all of a sudden every gay in a work place has a special right to his or her job. This is because one reason he or she can't get fired is on account of being gay. It doesn't work to say the law also means that straights can't get fired for being straight because getting fired for being straight has hardly ever been a problem in society. This is how people on the right have tried to get across to me as to why gay rights are really special rights and shouldn't be passed.

kevinpate
10-22-2009, 09:36 PM
Oh, do tell, how in the world can it be possible there can be such a thing as a pro gay rights Republican? After all, I thought Republicans believed there can no be gay rights because they would only be special rights. You pass anti-discrimination laws to protect gays. Then on the day they go into effect, all of a sudden every gay in a work place has a special right to his or her job. This is because one reason he or she can't get fired is on account of being gay. It doesn't work to say the law also means that straights can't get fired for being straight because getting fired for being straight has hardly ever been a problem in society. This is how people on the right have tried to get across to me as to why gay rights are really special rights and shouldn't be passed.

Not every liberal agrees on all points. Same is true of the folks who adhere to a conservatives philosophy. Bunty, you know this. Why you pretend to be just silly sometimes, I won't speculate.

gen70
10-22-2009, 10:00 PM
Ya'll need to put this debate to bed. I don't see anything going forward here. JMHO

Caboose
10-23-2009, 07:57 AM

Bunty posting tacting #1 - Proclaim that others *must* think in some absurd way.

Midtowner
10-23-2009, 08:15 AM

First, I consider myself to be a pro-gay-rights individual. Also, I am a Republican. So it is possible. I also know several homosexuals who are also politically conservative and do vote for Republicans.

Second, as I understand it, the new law prevents discrimination based on sexual orientation. By that language, the law cuts both ways. If you're fired for being homosexual, you have recourse; conversely, if you are fired for being heterosexual, you also have recourse. Even if you're fired for being asexual, you'll have recourse.

So now, everyone has these 'special rights,' and I guess that's okay. It's just as illegitimate to fire someone because of who they sleep with outside the workplace as it is to fire someone for racial or religious reasons.

Bunty
10-23-2009, 04:15 PM
Bunty posting tacting #1 - Proclaim that others *must* think in some absurd way.

Well, at least one of my favorite posters of this board, Midtowner, can respond to my posting in an intelligent and thougtful matter.

DaveSkater
10-26-2009, 09:09 AM
and me?!?!?!?!?!!?!

Yes GM, you're special too. Feeling left out there? :lol2:

gmwise
10-26-2009, 11:21 AM
sniffles...yea
lol