View Full Version : Parking (again)

jmlight
10-19-2009, 09:32 AM
Are there any Park Harvey residents here who are currently parking on the street? I'm trying to decide what's best for me now that Devon has gone up on my monthly garage bill by $42 (unless my current bill is for two months; I'm awaiting a call back). I'm not complaining about Devon. I couldn't be happier about their building, but I can't afford such an increase.

I work outside of downtown so I only need parking in the evenings and weekends. Does anyone know how strict the meter authority is on Saturdays? The meters say 'Except Sundays and Holidays', but I've been looking the past several weeks in anticipation of losing the garage, and no one ever feeds them on Saturdays. Figure when I try it I'll get a ticket. :)

Thanks!

hipsterdoofus
10-19-2009, 09:33 AM
I still don't understand why its bad to complain about devon - its fine to be happy about the building and still be pissed about what they did to the parking down here. I am very excited to see the construction, but not happy with what happened to a taxpayer funded garage. You'd think they owned the board from the way they are talked about on here at times.

jmlight
10-19-2009, 09:48 AM
I don't necessarily think it's wrong, either. I guess I'm not that upset about it because, if I can figure out what to do about parking on Saturdays, and during the Arts Festival, I'll be saving $50 a month, and that'll be nice. I'd already thought about doing it before this whole thing came up, anyway.

jbrown84
10-19-2009, 04:16 PM
I lived there for a year and always parked on the streets after 6 and on the weekends, including saturdays. Only times I was ever ticketed was if I was sick or missed work.

And I always said, a $10 ticket every now and then is WAY cheaper than paying for that garage.

Never had much trouble finding a spot somewhere around the perimeter of Leadership or over by the art museum or courthouse. Never got broken into either.

jmlight
10-19-2009, 04:57 PM
Thanks. I wondered if a parking ticket was still $10 bucks, it's been years.

Like you said there are always tons of spots, especially later, but Saturdays is the thing that was keeping me paying the garage.

I appreciate it.

jbrown84
10-19-2009, 05:11 PM
No problem.