View Full Version : Pot For Freedom

Bunty
10-17-2009, 10:21 AM
Here's a real cool and well done Oklahoma based web site that stands for legalizing marijuana: potforfreedom.com (http://potforfreedom.com). I'm all for it. Oklahoma laws that can put people in prison for up to life over a weed like marijuana are insane and fit more with unenlightend times when witches were burnt at the stake.

I am quite frankly highly ashamed of living in a state where sometimes child molesters still sometimes turn up in the news for only getting one year in prison while those who smoke pot sometimes get very long prison sentences. As long as most people in Oklahoma insist upon looking the other way over this and pretending it's no problem, whatsoever, the longer such stories will continue.

USG '60
10-17-2009, 12:05 PM
Here's a real cool and well done Oklahoma based web site that stands for legalizing marijuana: potforfreedom.com (http://potforfreedom.com). I'm all for it. Oklahoma laws that can put people in prison for up to life over a weed like marijuana are insane and fit more with unenlightend times when witches were burnt at the stake.

I am quite frankly highly ashamed of living in a state where sometimes child molesters still sometimes turn up in the news for only getting one year in prison while those who smoke pot sometimes get very long prison sentences. As long as most people in Oklahoma insist upon looking the other way over this and pretending it's no problem, whatsoever, the longer such stories will continue.

Our laws are utterly unconscionable. Thanks for the link.

kevinpate
10-19-2009, 07:08 AM
news for all, good news for some

Feds to issue new medical marijuana policy

By DEVLIN BARRETT, Associated Press Writer Devlin Barrett, Associated Press Writer – 2 hrs 36 mins ago

WASHINGTON – Federal drug agents won't pursue pot-smoking patients or their sanctioned suppliers in states that allow medical marijuana, under new legal guidelines to be issued Monday by the Obama administration.

Two Justice Department officials described the new policy to The Associated Press, saying prosecutors will be told it is not a good use of their time to arrest people who use or provide medical marijuana in strict compliance with state law.

The guidelines to be issued by the department do, however, make it clear that agents will go after people whose marijuana distribution goes beyond what is permitted under state law or use medical marijuana as a cover for other crimes, the officials said.

The new policy is a significant departure from the Bush administration, which insisted it would continue to enforce federal anti-pot laws regardless of state codes.

Balance of article at:
TinyURL.com - shorten that long URL into a tiny URL (http://preview.tinyurl.com/yhmecly)

Bunty
10-19-2009, 04:15 PM
The above decision by the Feds may make Oklahomans opposed to legalized medical marijuana even more opposed to it.

kevinpate
10-19-2009, 08:00 PM
I wouldn't bet against you on that point Bunty, not even a small friendly bet.

mugofbeer
10-19-2009, 10:32 PM
So, a question for all - with emphasis on cracking down on drunk driver's and lowering blood-alcohol levels to virtually nothing, with lawmakers focused on stopping driver's from using cell phones and texting, how does legalizing pot mesh into safer roads and highways? I ask this from an inexperienced point of view with pot.

kevinpate
10-20-2009, 05:20 AM
First off, probably not an issue. Not a lot of stoner DUI's out there, if only because it would require a stoner to get up and find the keys and go out to the car first. :LolLolLol

Anyways, the feds relaxing a touch, as I read the article, is limited to not busting folks who are engaging in the medicinal use of mj.

Being stoned on the highway or city streets or country lanes wouldn't qualify, selling to school kiddies or selling to make a living and such won't either. Regular impairment and distribution laws would remain available to prosecute those who place others in harm's way or those who traffic more for profit than for health.

Roadhawg
10-23-2009, 12:52 PM
So, a question for all - with emphasis on cracking down on drunk driver's and lowering blood-alcohol levels to virtually nothing, with lawmakers focused on stopping driver's from using cell phones and texting, how does legalizing pot mesh into safer roads and highways? I ask this from an inexperienced point of view with pot.

Alcohol is legal but driving under the influence isn't, if pot was legal driving under the influence would be just as illegal as it is for alcohol.

USG '60
10-23-2009, 03:22 PM
First off, probably not an issue. Not a lot of stoner DUI's out there, if only because it would require a stoner to get up and find the keys and go out to the car first. :LolLolLol

Anyways, the feds relaxing a touch, as I read the article, is limited to not busting folks who are engaging in the medicinal use of mj.

Being stoned on the highway or city streets or country lanes wouldn't qualify, selling to school kiddies or selling to make a living and such won't either. Regular impairment and distribution laws would remain available to prosecute those who place others in harm's way or those who traffic more for profit than for health.

I used to get stoned before any drive of over 30 minutes and I was always stoned while driving at night. I have had several car wrecks in my life and ALL of them were daytime, in town while I was totally straight. Being stoned makes one hyper vigilent and prone to drive very slowly. As far as I know the same was true with all my ol' stoner friends. I will say I am glad that I finally lost the urge to toke for long distant driving and I hardly leave the house after dark. I still agree that if it were legalized it should not be allowed while driving because it might make others be utterly idiotic, especially kids with a carload of peers.

newokie
10-24-2009, 10:12 AM
I can relate somewhat to the previous posts. I would be concerned about the manner of test given to determine soberiety since "pot" stays in a persons system for such a long time... so, that in itself would be an issue to it's legalization.