View Full Version : I got a parrot

Floating_adrift
02-05-2005, 06:51 PM
A neighbor gave me a parrot as a gift (which was surprising cause’ they can be awful expensive). I soon realized the parrot had a bad attitude and an even worse vocabulary. Now I know why it was free. Every word out of this bird's mouth was rude, obnoxious and laced with profanity. I tried and tried to change the bird's attitude by consistently saying only polite words, playing soft music and everything else I could think of to "clean up" the bird's vocabulary. In return, I was insulted, ridiculed and cussed at.

Finally, I was fed up and I yelled at the parrot. Without hesitation, the parrot yelled back profanities that made me look around to make sure the windows were closed. I shook him and he got angrier and even more obnoxious. In desperation, I threw up my hands, grabbed the bird and put him in the freezer. For a few minutes the parrot squawked and kicked and screamed. Then suddenly there was complete silence. Not a peep was heard for over a minute. Fearing that I'd hurt the parrot, I quickly opened the door to the freezer.

The parrot calmly stepped out on my outstretched arm and said, "I believe I may have offended you with my rude language and actions. I'm sincerely remorseful for my transgressions and I fully intend to do everything I can to correct my rude and unforgivable behavior."

I was naturally stunned at the change in the bird's attitude and was about to ask the parrot what had made such a dramatic change in his behavior, but the bird continued, "May I ask what the turkey did?

Keith
02-05-2005, 07:08 PM
LOL. That bird reminds me of somebody.