View Full Version : Coles Garden

MsDarkstar
10-14-2009, 10:09 AM
I just read that Coles Garden will be closing down for good at the end of the year. Anybody know anything about this?

metro
10-14-2009, 10:50 AM
source?

FritterGirl
10-14-2009, 11:00 AM
I've heard the same.

MsDarkstar
10-14-2009, 11:26 AM
Harn Homestead's Facebook. They're using it as an opportunity to plug their outdoor rental accomodations. "Sad to learn Coles Garden is closing at end of year. If you are looking for an outdoor venue for your wedding, we can help." <--- that's the Harn's current status.

kevinpate
10-14-2009, 11:40 AM
Probably beneficial to Harn's, but still it is sad to hear Cole's is going buh-bye

MsDarkstar
10-14-2009, 12:00 PM
I thought that Coles was a little overpriced for what their packages included (or didn't include) but the facility is beautiful. Yes, I'm sure some of their business will funnel towards the Harn but no matter how many improvements the Harn makes (and they have made MANY lovely improvements since I was employed there) I don't think that the Harn lends itself to being as traditionally "classy" a venue as Coles. No matter how pretty you dress it up, a barn is still a barn. I don't mean that as a jab at the Harn in any way at all, btw...I think the Harn is fabulous & would recommend it to anyone. I just think they're in a different category than Coles.