View Full Version : OCURA Land - next steps

wsucougz
10-13-2009, 07:54 AM
Does anyone know of any future plans for the Mercy Site or the Hill now that both projects appear to be pretty much dead in the water? While it's probably unlikely that any developers would come forward at this point, shouldn't the bid process start over, particularly for the Mercy site? Overholser Green has had dibs on that site for what, 3 years now? I'm guessing such a project($500-800k condos) will never get built in this new day and age, so why doesn't the city move on?

Since The Hill is partially built, I imagine it's more complicated than this. Maybe someone could provide insight as to what happens next for the rest of that site. At what point, if ever, can the city take ownership of the unfinished units and auction them off? I'm guessing 2-3 years of weather won't be very kind to the units that are 75% done, so time may be of the essence.

Does OCURA have a defined set of rules that they have to abide by in terms of timeframes, etc?

Steve
10-13-2009, 08:42 AM
Yes. Overholser Greens was granted a time extension and at the end of that extension, OCURA could pull the plug. The Hill, as you said, is a bit more complicated....

metro
10-13-2009, 08:46 AM
Yes. Overholser Greens was granted a time extension and at the end of that extension, OCURA SHOULD pull the plug. The Hill, as you said, is a bit more complicated....

There, I fixed it..... :woowoo:

Patrick
10-14-2009, 04:21 AM
I fixed it too!!

Yes. Overholser Greens was granted a time extension and at the end of that extension, OCURA will not pull the plug and will grant another extension to their buddies. The Hill, as you said, is a bit more complicated....but it didn't have to be that way, had the project been awarded to Anthony McDermid.