View Full Version : Crossroads Asylum.

megax11
10-11-2009, 06:59 PM
Anyone have any info on this haunted attraction within CRM?

They said it is in the northwest corner of the mall, but if it is an haunted attraction, I am hoping it is not just put into one of the vacant stores, which then would mean it probably lasts all of 5 minutes.

Anyone know?

okyeah
10-11-2009, 07:22 PM
http://www.shopcrossroadsmall.com/images/blackout_poster.jpg
Crossroads Asylum: The Blackout, October 16-17 & 23-24, 8AM-Midnight
Rumors or horrific experiments... Agonized cries in the dark... Years of investigations and coverups... At last, the infamous patients of Crossroads Asylum have launched a daring escape. Witness unimaginable horrors in this unique haunted house experience. Take a heart-stopping journey deep into the bowels of the facility to discover an ancient secret, and if possible escape with your sanity in tact. The South OKC Chamber is hosting the haunted house this year here at Crossroads Mall! For more details please look at the flyer that is attached to your newsletter! The Asylum is located on the north side of the mall.

got it from CRM website

gmwise
10-11-2009, 07:25 PM
WELL crap!!
I thought we found a new use for Crossroads Mall..

megax11
10-11-2009, 07:27 PM
What info I want to know is how long it will take to go through it, or if it's just in a small store.

There website doesn't give too much info. :(

Thunder
10-11-2009, 09:45 PM
:LolLolLol Crossroads is alive! Alive!!!!

gen70
10-11-2009, 10:20 PM
:LolLolLol Crossroads is alive! Alive!!!!

It Isss Allliiiivvvveeee and a gooood spooot foor and ann AAssylummmn.,

Jesseda
10-12-2009, 08:54 AM
they had it last year, it looks like its in a small jewlry shop that one was or a eye glass place, doesnt seem very big, why cant they use one of the anchor stores!!!

faith1109
10-12-2009, 08:58 AM
They did this many years back at Crossroads and even utilized the parking lot if I remember correctly. Of course that was before Crossroads was "turned over".

Isa
10-13-2009, 03:52 PM
Hi everyone! I just wanted to give you my 2cents about the Asylum. I volunteered last year and will be there again this year! The space is huge - like 8,000 square feet. Aditional rooms were built this year so it will take longer than the 15+ minutes it took last year. The theme remained along the same lines - the Asylum, BUT there is a twist! And it is scaaaary! :)
We have been inspected and we are up to code to present to you an exciting Haunted House experience in a safe enviroment. And speaking of safe we will have cops at the door and security guards inside checking everyone that comes in. Kids under 12 must be with their parents. We had over 800 people through last year in only 3 nights. This year we will operate for 4 nights: Oct 16, 17, 23 and 24 from 8 p.m. to midnight.
Northwest corner of Crossroads Mall. Check it out! $10 cash.
CROSSROADS ASYLUM (http://www.crossroadsasylum.com)

nathan1984
10-14-2009, 10:51 AM
This is the second year for Crossroads Asylum. The haunted house is located in an old department store. Not a huge one like Macy's, but it's pretty big and the maze should take at least ten minutes to get through. This isn't just a "scare factory" where you follow a neat little path with handrails through a series of unrelated rooms with scares ripped off of a dozen different horror movies. You wander through a fake asylum complete with everything you'd find in a real one (with some surprises). You meet characters along the way (some try to help you, most try to kill you). You interact with the environment.

I know all of this because I'm (obviously) involved in the haunted house. That definitely makes me biased, but I'm not making any money off of it. None of the workers are. All the money goes to the chamber of commerce. We just do this because we love scaring people and we want to do something different and unique.

Now I have to do my sales pitch: It's Oct. 16, 17, 23 and 24 from 8 p.m.-midnight. $10 cash only.

Thunder
10-14-2009, 12:29 PM
That's a GIGANTIC avatar you have!

The 17th falls on my B-day, I might go check it out, if Crest Discount Foods - Home of Rock Bottom Prices approve my day off request.

Is this the kind of like stories being told on the speakers while walking thru or what? If so, there should be a discount for deaf visitors.

eharris1986
10-18-2009, 03:35 PM
Its actually pretty big and really good, well worth the money. its at the nw corner of the mall in a huge space. you can only get to it from outside, and it takes about 15-20 minutes to go through. They are doing it next weekend too. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good scare.