View Full Version : BancFirst Tower

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

jn1780
02-17-2020, 11:33 AM
Based on the renderings, I think it will stay pretty much in the same place.

Definitely not extended all the way to the outside columns.

I guess it just looks like its going all the way out, because the columns will be wider.

Pete
02-17-2020, 11:37 AM
Yeah, it is being pushed out to the exterior columns.

I thought so at first, but if you look closely at their plans you can see that isn't the case. Example:

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/bancfirst061219c.jpg

DowntownMan
02-17-2020, 07:28 PM
I thought so at first, but if you look closely at their plans you can see that isn't the case. Example:

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/bancfirst061219c.jpg

I can confirm this. They have started footings or something on the southeast corner where the new wall will go. It is basically the same as the old wall location.

HOT ROD
02-17-2020, 11:54 PM
LED lighting at major mullions. Looks like this building will be able to have colors and/or words on its facade! Or i that just the crown?

should be way way cool

Pete
02-18-2020, 05:58 AM
LED lighting at major mullions. Looks like this building will be able to have colors and/or words on its facade! Or i that just the crown?

should be way way cool

Just the crown.

G.Walker
02-18-2020, 08:42 AM
Once the new facade is complete, all the major skyscrapers downtown will be modern. It will really make our downtown look appealing and attractive. I know some people wanted to keep some type of history, but I never was a fan of the black glass currently on the tower.

Pete
02-18-2020, 09:38 AM
The biggest change will be at night when BancFirst and First National Center are both lit up with LED lights.

Should be a dramatic change.

SEMIweather
02-18-2020, 06:59 PM
I'm a broken record on this, but OKC's nighttime skyline is always going to look underwhelming until Devon gets it together with their lighting. You just can't have a building that's 300-400 feet taller than the rest of the skyline have such crappy lighting. I'd honestly prefer if they just turned off all of the side lighting and only kept the crown on, if they're not going to spend the money to fix it.

SagerMichael
02-18-2020, 08:14 PM
I'm a broken record on this, but OKC's nighttime skyline is always going to look underwhelming until Devon gets it together with their lighting. You just can't have a building that's 300-400 feet taller than the rest of the skyline have such crappy lighting. I'd honestly prefer if they just turned off all of the side lighting and only kept the crown on, if they're not going to spend the money to fix it.

The solid bars looked so much better than what they have now. I wish they’d go back to them even if a couple were out

shawnw
02-18-2020, 09:43 PM

IMO this will not get resolved until either 1) They get back to full strength and have some cash to work with or 2) They sell the building for cash and lease their needed space back from the new owners and those new owners take on the project.

G.Walker
02-19-2020, 05:45 AM
I agree, the upkeep of Devon Tower has been poor as of late. Shouldn't take that long too replace some broken windows. Moreover...if the side LED are not working, just leave them off until they are fixed.

Anonymous.
02-19-2020, 09:03 AM
The botched LEDs I think are nearly impossible to service, we will probably only see the twinkle effect for now on. Maybe an occasional specialty trying to spell things out (The last thing I remember them spelling was RUSS MVP).

With the current state of $ for E&P corporations - don't expect anything...

PaddyShack
02-19-2020, 10:19 AM
The botched LEDs I think are nearly impossible to service, we will probably only see the twinkle effect for now on. Maybe an occasional specialty trying to spell things out (The last thing I remember them spelling was RUSS MVP).

With the current state of $ for E&P corporations - don't expect anything...

Does Devon currently have their empty space up for lease to outside firms? Or are they just letting it sit empty with no money coming in?

Pete
02-19-2020, 10:24 AM
Does Devon currently have their empty space up for lease to outside firms? Or are they just letting it sit empty with no money coming in?

My understanding is they now have 13 floors completely vacant.

They have not been trying to lease the excess space. The entire building is set up for a single tenant so they would have to do major surgery on the ground floor regarding security and other things.

Perhaps if they continue to contract they'll see the benefit of trying to convert to multi-tenant.

BoulderSooner
02-19-2020, 10:58 AM
My understanding is they now have 13 floors completely vacant.

They have not been trying to lease the excess space. The entire building is set up for a single tenant so they would have to do major surgery on the ground floor regarding security and other things.

Perhaps if they continue to contract they'll see the benefit of trying to convert to multi-tenant.

i have been told they have no plans to ever lease any of their tower office space ..

PaddyShack
02-19-2020, 11:04 AM
i have been told they have no plans to ever lease any of their tower office space ..

Seems like a solid financial plan!

bombermwc
02-21-2020, 06:54 AM
Well what does it cost them? They own the building so its not like they're paying rent. Sudder the floors so you keep hvac to a minimal to prevent pipe freezes or overheating and it doesn't really cost you anything.

If they turned into a landlord, then they would have to deal with a myriad of other problems that go along with being responsible for someone else's space.

If they also didn't own the building, you'd be seeing a very different story, but the building would have also been designed differently. That's one shortcoming of designers when they build something like a skyscraper for a single tenant. That tenant only sees today and doesn't see to the future so they dont plan it out properly with bathroom placement or elevator man traps. Then you've got HVAC for server rooms for the tenants (plus the accompanying electrical). Im sure Devon has network closets on each floor, but are they big enough to serve as a company's whole server space?

Based on the floor plans i saw when they built the thing, it doesn't seem like adding elevator man traps on each floor would be awful, it would just be VERY expensive since it would be 50 floors of them. Remember, you're not just putting them on these 13 floors to keep tenants out of each other's space, but all Devon floors to keep non-Devoners out too. So balance the cost of putting those in against what you get in the lease income. Is it worth the initial investment? What's the ROI on it? And do you really want to be a landlord?

jn1780
02-21-2020, 07:39 AM
If they wanted to be a landlord, they would probably have to build some walls within the elevator core so that you essentially split it in half and you have two security checkpoints. Only half of the elevators would go up to Devon floors. Its probably not worth the hassle yet. Man traps would probably not be practical yet, im not even sure if splitting the core in two is practical.

TheTravellers
02-21-2020, 09:56 AM
Sorry to keep sidetracking, but couldn't you just reprogram certain elevators to only go to certain floors or put badge readers in the elevators? Seems like a much cheaper solution...

BoulderSooner
02-21-2020, 10:18 AM
Sorry to keep sidetracking, but couldn't you just reprogram certain elevators to only go to certain floors or put badge readers in the elevators? Seems like a much cheaper solution...

also of note is that if the origional floors designs were still in effect the buidling would have a lot fewer empty floors

(for those that don't know when devon was first built devon had employees in about 5 buildings down town ) even after the tower opened they were in it and 1 other building then had to again move into a third .. so they at quite a bit of expense redid a ton of thier floors to be able to hold more employees and have less offices which allowed them to move everyone back in one building)

Dob Hooligan
02-21-2020, 10:28 AM
I thought Hines owned the Devon Tower?

Rover
02-21-2020, 10:35 AM
I'm confused... is this the Devon Tower thread or the BancFirst Tower thread? All the new posts are griping about Devon instead of remarking about BancFirst.

PaddyShack
02-21-2020, 10:43 AM
How are employees getting into BancFirst during the construction? Did they place a temporary wall to keep the elevators enclosed?

Pete
02-21-2020, 11:36 AM
How are employees getting into BancFirst during the construction? Did they place a temporary wall to keep the elevators enclosed?

There is a protected entrance on the south side, facing Main.

It's a covered and enclosed walkway that leads to the elevators.

BoulderSooner
02-21-2020, 12:13 PM

hines doesn't own devon or the new Bok building

Rover
02-21-2020, 03:08 PM
hines doesn't own devon or the new Bok building

Or the BANCFIRST Tower.

Pete
02-23-2020, 07:33 AM
This project is fascinating to watch unfold.

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/bancfirst022220a.jpg

Pete
03-01-2020, 06:37 AM
You can see they have built the sill for the new curtain wall glass that will enclose the lobby; it is slightly inside the large columns.

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/bancfirst022920a.jpg

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/bancfirst022920b.jpg

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/bancfirst022920c.jpg

G.Walker
03-01-2020, 06:54 AM
Per the last picture, looks like they are starting on the mullions & some glass has been delivered.

Pete
03-01-2020, 07:09 AM
^

Those 2 mullions have been up from almost the beginning.

I believe they have used them as some sort of test.

PhiAlpha
03-01-2020, 09:59 AM

Devon has always owned it

OkiePoke
03-02-2020, 08:19 AM
Is there an expected completion date for the pavilion and new glass?

Pete
03-02-2020, 08:22 AM
Is there an expected completion date for the pavilion and new glass?

I know they want to get the lobby relatively completed first, so perhaps by the end of the year.

Not sure about the plaza.

Jeepnokc
03-02-2020, 08:41 AM
As it looks like there isn't a public entrance, I am assuming the building is completely vacant?

Anonymous.
03-02-2020, 08:43 AM
As it looks like there isn't a public entrance, I am assuming the building is completely vacant?

The building is still being used as normal, minus the bottom floor and basement areas under construction.

The wooden pathway on the south end is the public access point. Inside there is front desk and elevator banks.

gopokes88
03-02-2020, 10:24 AM
Devon has always owned it

Devon doesn’t own it.

They very quietly sold it to a group and named the group Devon tower LLC or something like that. It’s a somewhat open secret that I’ve heard from at least 10 Devon employees, some of whom have EVP in their title.

citywokchinesefood
03-02-2020, 11:03 AM
Devon doesn’t own it.

They very quietly sold it to a group and named the group Devon tower LLC or something like that. It’s a somewhat open secret that I’ve heard from at least 10 Devon employees, some of whom have EVP in their title.

Yes

BoulderSooner
03-02-2020, 12:03 PM
Devon doesn’t own it.

devon owns their tower and the new Bok building this is a fact

AP
03-02-2020, 01:59 PM
Wasn't there a post in here earlier from Pete that said the last time it changed hands was in 2009? Did it get removed?

Pete
03-02-2020, 02:02 PM
Wasn't there a post in here earlier from Pete that said the last time it changed hands was in 2009? Did it get removed?

Yes, I deleted it because it was about Devon Tower and I think people are getting confused about Devon Tower, BOK Park Plaza. And after all, this thread is regarding BancFirst Tower.

gopokes88
03-02-2020, 07:17 PM
devon owns their tower and the new Bok building this is a fact

It’s not, but ok.

emtefury
03-03-2020, 08:44 AM
Devon doesn’t own it.

According to the county assessor, the tower was owned by Devon Headquarters LLC since 10 Nov 2010.

https://ariisp1.oklahomacounty.org/AssessorWP5/AN-R.asp?PROPERTYID=159809

David
03-03-2020, 10:13 AM
It's not really a big surprise to see big assets like the Devon tower owned by a separate LLC. Makes me wonder how BancFirst's ownership of this tower is arranged, same with Sandridge and theirs.

OkiePoke
03-03-2020, 12:40 PM
According to the county assessor, the tower was owned by Devon Headquarters LLC since 10 Nov 2010.

https://ariisp1.oklahomacounty.org/AssessorWP5/AN-R.asp?PROPERTYID=159809

That doesn't mean that Devon Headquarters LLC is owned by Devon.

Jeepnokc
03-03-2020, 08:08 PM
It's not really a big surprise to see big assets like the Devon tower owned by a separate LLC. Makes me wonder how BancFirst's ownership of this tower is arranged, same with Sandridge and theirs.

Even small assets should be owned by separate LLCs. My law firm doesn't own the building it is in. It is owned by a separate holding company for liability and tax purposes.

emtefury
03-03-2020, 08:56 PM

I didn’t say Devon owned it. I was stating the owner.

David
03-03-2020, 11:29 PM
Even small assets should be owned by separate LLCs. My law firm doesn't own the building it is in. It is owned by a separate holding company for liability and tax purposes.

Yeah, I was thinking it was something like that but did not remember the exact details.

bombermwc
03-04-2020, 06:51 AM
Having an LLC separates the business from the building. You're kidding yourself if you dont think Devon doesn't still own the place through the paper trail. What it does do is allows the business to be free of any liability (hence limited liability corp). So for example, if the window cleaners sued over the malfunction, they'll actually sue the LLC and not Devon Energy. The LLC can look bad and absorb any financial issues or whatever you can think of, without it affecting the Devon Energy name. It's pretty standard practice for any company....but really Devon still owns it. It's just a name on paper for a company that is 100% funded by Devon Energy.

BoulderSooner
03-04-2020, 07:41 AM

look at where the llc is headquartered or who is on all of their documents ..

answer at the devon HQ and devon employees

jn1780
03-04-2020, 09:39 AM
Back to the Banfirst tower, when is the main tower glass going to start? Will this require a tower crane?

Pete
03-04-2020, 09:45 AM
Back to the Banfirst tower, when is the main tower glass going to start? Will this require a tower crane?

I believe they will work from both the inside and outside.

Not exactly sure how they are going to do it but they seem to be pretty aggressive in their progress, so the glass change should be starting soon and then we'll see how they plan to execute it.

DowntownMan
03-04-2020, 10:06 AM
I believe they will work from both the inside and outside.

Not exactly sure how they are going to do it but they seem to be pretty aggressive in their progress, so the glass change should be starting soon and then we'll see how they plan to execute it.

I’ve heard through a source that their glass has been majorly delayed as it was coming from a factory in China that was completely shut down due to Corona. Hearing this is putting a major delay on the project timeline

Pete
03-04-2020, 10:07 AM
I’ve heard through a source that their glass has been majorly delayed as it was coming from a factory in China that was completely shut down due to Corona. Hearing this is putting a major delay on the project timeline

Oh, bummer.

You have to believe the situation in China and elsewhere is going to affect a bunch of construction projects.

G.Walker
03-04-2020, 10:41 AM
IDK, you would think Lingo Construction would already have the glass by now and stored somewhere. Or another option, surely Lingo as an American supplier for glass.

DowntownMan
03-04-2020, 10:59 AM
IDK, you would think Lingo Construction would already have the glass by now and stored somewhere. Or another option, surely Lingo as an American supplier for glass.

I’m sure they do but by the time they could get another supplier ready to go for I’m sure this is a custom project, China will be back up and running so you’re talking a delay either way.

jn1780
03-04-2020, 11:01 AM
An American Supplier wouldn't be able to deliver on short notice either. Plus, it would cost more and a good amount of glass may already done but still sitting in Chinese warehouse waiting on the full batch to be completed before loading onto a cargo ship.

Pete
03-04-2020, 11:03 AM
Things seem to be stabilizing in China so hopefully any delay won't be an extended one.

warreng88
03-04-2020, 11:53 AM
Not to dwell on the Devon name of the building, etc, but according to the Oklahoma County Clerk, Devon World Headquarters LLC owned the building. Klaholt P Kimker signed as President of Devon Realty Advisors, LLC. He was the VP of Admin at Devon. So, yes, they are related...

Rover
03-04-2020, 12:46 PM
Not to dwell on the Devon name of the building, etc, but according to the Oklahoma County Clerk, Devon World Headquarters LLC owned the building. Klaholt P Kimker signed as President of Devon Realty Advisors, LLC. He was the VP of Admin at Devon. So, yes, they are related...

Are we talking about the Devon Tower or the BancFirst Tower? I'm pretty sure this is a BancFirst thread and the owner of THAT tower is SHERIDAN REDEVELOPERS LLC.

Pete
03-04-2020, 12:48 PM
Are we talking about the Devon Tower or the BancFirst Tower? I'm pretty sure this is a BancFirst thread and the owner of THAT tower is SHERIDAN REDEVELOPERS LLC.

No, Sheridan Redevelopers LLC is BOK Park Plaza.

We really need to get back to discuss BancFirst. There are threads for those other projects.