View Full Version : Norman Bars Briefly Reviewd

Bunty
10-06-2009, 07:44 PM
How do you like this take on the bars in Norman? Norman, Oklahoma | OldRow (http://oldrow.net/?page_id=292)

Puppet
10-06-2009, 07:51 PM
Bills is up to $1.00 beers and Bison Witches is $7.00 all you can drink?? Been a long time since I've been out in Norman... I definitely remember .69 draws at Bills!!!

gen70
10-06-2009, 08:09 PM
Well...I been gone so long from Norman.. The only bars I remember are the "Sooner Broadcast" and the "Onion" ...Oh yeah.. the "South Fourty" and the "White Horse Tavern"..That makes me "Old".. And one more.."The Squeez Inn"..

adaniel
10-06-2009, 08:54 PM
Its okay, but obviously its going to depend on your personal POV. First off they omitted Logan's, which is weird considering its probably the busiest bar on the corner on weekend nights. I like it because it has the biggest mix of all sorts of people. Also, I'll add that IMO Brother's is far from "all greek", the new O'Connells is a disappointment compared to the one on Lindsey, and Seven 47 is stiflingly pretentious.

john60
10-06-2009, 11:01 PM
I think Brother's has tremendous potential, maybe even more potential considering the growth happening on the west side of campus corner (Iron Starr and ITR). It is such a letdown though; the place is just not well kept. It has a really neat setup with its patio that is really unparalelled in Norman, but it is its own worst enemy. It really needs to reinvent itself.

dismayed
10-06-2009, 11:29 PM
Pretty poor writing, but after taking a look at the rest of the website that is really no surprise.

Bunty
10-07-2009, 05:09 PM
I thought the bars of Stillwater sounded more interesting than Norman's.

kevinpate
10-07-2009, 05:16 PM
been in most of the long existing locations. They read almost plain jane enough to think an undergrad wrote the text so mundane the parents wouldn't want to check any of them out

nik4411
10-07-2009, 06:16 PM
yea. and shame on them for leaving out logans...i have had some great times there!

BG918
10-08-2009, 10:04 AM
I thought the bars of Stillwater sounded more interesting than Norman's.

If you like hole-in-the-wall dive bars..

oknacreous
10-08-2009, 04:20 PM
yea. and shame on them for leaving out logans...i have had some great times there!

Does anyone know why they always seem to keep the temperature inside Logans a cozy 58 degrees? I always forget to pack the heavy coat and can't stay there for long. Library has a great patio but has had TERRIBLE service lately. O'Connells has had terrible service for as long as I can remember (both locations). Coach's beer is seriously overrated. Sheesh I'm too negative today! I look forward to trying Iron Starr and McNellies, particularly if they have Coop and Choc beers on tap.

Bunty
10-09-2009, 06:56 PM
As unGodly high as my electric bill would be in the summer if I tried to keep my house at 58, I don't see how any business could afford to do it.

BG918
10-11-2009, 03:51 PM
Does anyone know why they always seem to keep the temperature inside Logans a cozy 58 degrees? I always forget to pack the heavy coat and can't stay there for long. Library has a great patio but has had TERRIBLE service lately. O'Connells has had terrible service for as long as I can remember (both locations). Coach's beer is seriously overrated. Sheesh I'm too negative today! I look forward to trying Iron Starr and McNellies, particularly if they have Coop and Choc beers on tap.

I was at The Library after the game yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed the great beers on tap and wonderful mini pizzas they have. We also ordered a cheese plate that was excellent, lots of different types plus wheat crackers, carrots and pickled okra. For a west campus neighborhood bar with good beer (and wine) and good food the Library is hard to beat.

oknacreous
10-11-2009, 06:33 PM
I was at The Library after the game yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed the great beers on tap and wonderful mini pizzas they have. We also ordered a cheese plate that was excellent, lots of different types plus wheat crackers, carrots and pickled okra. For a west campus neighborhood bar with good beer (and wine) and good food the Library is hard to beat.

Eh, all I can say is each of the last 2 times I've gone our table's beer glasses were sitting empty for 15 or 20 minutes at a time. That's a cardinal sin for a bar in my book! Maybe I'll give them another try some time.

istilldon'tgetit
10-13-2009, 02:54 PM
Awesome web site! as an aficionado of racist fraternity crap, OldRow.com gets an a+ in my book. And it makes the ommission of Logans that much more puzzling.

Puppet
10-13-2009, 06:20 PM
I think Brother's has tremendous potential, maybe even more potential considering the growth happening on the west side of campus corner (Iron Starr and ITR). It is such a letdown though; the place is just not well kept. It has a really neat setup with its patio that is really unparalelled in Norman, but it is its own worst enemy. It really needs to reinvent itself.

Brothers has had potential since day 1... However, it has had no updating since I was last there(14 year)... I was in this last Saturday(Baylor) and it looks like the exact same dump

king183
10-16-2009, 01:57 PM
Its okay, but obviously its going to depend on your personal POV. First off they omitted Logan's, which is weird considering its probably the busiest bar on the corner on weekend nights. I like it because it has the biggest mix of all sorts of people. Also, I'll add that IMO Brother's is far from "all greek", the new O'Connells is a disappointment compared to the one on Lindsey, and Seven 47 is stiflingly pretentious.

Hit the nail on the head.