View Full Version : Devon Energy Center

Pete
03-06-2020, 08:15 AM
No, on the outside which is why they needed access to the BMU (which is used for window washing and the like).

TheTravellers
03-06-2020, 08:17 AM
No, on the outside which is why they needed access to the BMU (which is used for window washing and the like).

OK, thanks, didn't know the BMU was the official name of the "crane", learned two things today...

Edit: Three, didn't realize the "panels" were the actual windows, was thinking of circuit board-type "panels"

Pete
03-06-2020, 08:21 AM
I know the electrical contractor was also involved in fixing the damaged lights.

I never saw any lawsuits about this mess-up so perhaps both parties just decided to let it go.

I do know the lighting and wiring were integrated into those particular window panels. The LED company claimed some were damaged when those window units were moved into place and secured.

Given the recent problems, I suspect there was no easy way to repair without pulling out the window panels and maybe replacing them. The tower has a subtle curve as it moves upwards which means almost every window is unique, hence the almost one-year lead time to get the existing damaged windows replaced.

Bullbear
03-06-2020, 11:34 AM
I recall all the LED issues.. and still every time i see what equates to Dot matrix graphics on a system capable of SOOOO much more.. it makes me sad.

Pete
03-07-2020, 07:43 AM
Not that much progress given it's been gorgeous weather:

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/devon030620a.jpg

Anonymous.
04-01-2020, 04:05 PM
I am convinced money is the reason there is no replaced glass. Which is fine, just take down the god awful fence blocking the sidewalk. Now this virus closing the building to the public is going to be more of an excuse to keep the chain link up.

44 days away from an entire year from the windows being broken.

SEMIweather
04-01-2020, 04:26 PM
Even if they have the windows all ready to be replaced, it's probably going to take months and months at this point. But on the bright side, not like there's going to be anyone downtown to see the lack of progress.

gopokes88
04-01-2020, 05:43 PM
I am convinced money is the reason there is no replaced glass. Which is fine, just take down the god awful fence blocking the sidewalk. Now this virus closing the building to the public is going to be more of an excuse to keep the chain link up.

44 days away from an entire year from the windows being broken.

They have 1.8 billion dollars in cash on their balance sheet.

mugofbeer
04-01-2020, 10:03 PM
They have 1.8 billion dollars in cash on their balance sheet.

And may end up needing every penny of it to survive.

Pete
04-02-2020, 08:11 AM
They were working on the windows a couple of days ago.

I was told they had the new glass on site but the replacement process isn't simple. And they can only work on relatively calm days.

BoulderSooner
04-06-2020, 09:03 AM
And may end up needing every penny of it to survive.

they don't they have 80% of their oil hedged at 45+ into 2021

bombermwc
04-08-2020, 06:50 AM
They were working on the windows a couple of days ago.

I was told they had the new glass on site but the replacement process isn't simple. And they can only work on relatively calm days.

"calm" days in Oklahoma are few and far between. I won't be surprised if its months before they are done. I mean how many days are reliably at 5-10mph winds? This week alone it's been only part of the day that was good and then bam, 40mph.

SagerMichael
05-30-2020, 09:20 AM
Devon and BOK both have been running dark blue LEDs for about the past week or so. Since Devon is doing the “dancing lights” this is a much better look in my opinion. I hope this is a full time change

https://m.imgur.com/a/mqykqUV

Laramie
05-30-2020, 10:15 AM
Our skyline with Devon, BancFirst & BOK towers will make the skyline look so much better--if my vision for those three buildings is correct. Sandridge and First National has promise to add to our skyline transformation.

https://i.imgur.com/aB58Rr2.jpg

Whether or not the BancFirst Tower adds any height, the new skin on BancFirst should highlight our city day and night.

The potential many of us envision, hopefully will not lead to disappointment.

Now we're not on par with Dallas, Atlanta, Charlotte or Seattle. IMO OKC will look impressive for those who have never seen our city as we look more aligned with Kansas City, New Orleans, Raleigh and Jacksonville's skylines.

Pete
05-30-2020, 11:15 AM
It has now been over a year since the window washing accident that left windows broken and the public sidewalk closed.

I go by all the time and I almost never see anyone working on this.

TheTravellers
05-30-2020, 12:40 PM
It has now been over a year since the window washing accident that left windows broken and the public sidewalk closed.

I go by all the time and I almost never see anyone working on this.

Can the city force them to do something? Can we all report it to the Action Line? Would/does the city care?

Anonymous.
06-01-2020, 10:42 AM
Which will finish first?

Every single window of the BancFirst Tower being replaced or a dozen windows of the Devon Tower replaced.

5alive
06-01-2020, 11:14 AM
^^^ Very cool...an excellent game and all may play :). Gotta think about it for a minute

DowntownMan
06-01-2020, 11:35 AM
Can the city force them to do something? Can we all report it to the Action Line? Would/does the city care?

I turned it into the action center just for giggles

If this were my personal house and I blocked a sidewalk and left Windows out for a year. I can guarantee I would have been cited. Why should we treat Devon any differently.

TheTravellers
06-01-2020, 11:38 AM
I turned it into the action center just for giggles

If this were my personal house and I blocked a sidewalk and left Windows out for a year. I can guarantee I would have been cited. Why should we treat Devon any differently.

Absolutely true. Thx, we'll see how quickly they close it as "fixed", I'll probably report it too...

DowntownMan
06-01-2020, 12:48 PM
Absolutely true. Thx, we'll see how quickly they close it as "fixed", I'll probably report it too...

Case C20-28231 is my report number! Let’s see if anything happens with this

DowntownMan
06-09-2020, 09:18 AM
Case C20-28231 is my report number! Let’s see if anything happens with this

Closed with no violations within 3 days of this submission. Just thought I would share

TheTravellers
06-09-2020, 09:39 AM
Closed with no violations within 3 days of this submission. Just thought I would share

Figured as much, maybe we all need to get a petition together and send it to Councilwoman Hamon?

TheTravellers
06-09-2020, 12:35 PM
Figured as much, maybe we all need to get a petition together and send it to Councilwoman Hamon?

And here it is, petition to send to Devon and Ms. Hamon, please sign and promote/distribute...

http://chng.it/chGFmt2H

onthestrip
06-09-2020, 01:37 PM

Based on the previous weeks, she doesnt seem to be very bothered by broken windows.

gopokes88
06-09-2020, 02:32 PM
Based on the previous weeks, she doesnt seem to be very bothered by broken windows.

Yeah less of JoBeth in the news would be great. She’s an embarrassment

Dustin
06-09-2020, 03:29 PM
Yeah less of JoBeth in the news would be great. She’s an embarrassment

Counter argument: No, she isn't.

chuck5815
06-09-2020, 03:57 PM
And here it is, petition to send to Devon and Ms. Hamon, please sign and promote/distribute...

http://chng.it/chGFmt2H

Lol, I bet Larry Nichols is soooo scared.

dankrutka
06-10-2020, 01:24 AM

It's a strong counter and I support it. Her perspective is desperately needed on the council.

AP
06-10-2020, 07:39 AM

I suspect the people and ward she actually reps agree with you.

runOKC
06-10-2020, 08:40 AM
I suspect the people and ward she actually reps agree with you.
The people that actually want a well-rounded and diverse council with opinions from differing backgrounds and viewpoints probably do. Those that don’t, not so much.

Laramie
06-10-2020, 10:23 AM
All councils should have some opposition on different issues. It makes for a better council to truly represent the people's voices. Council members are there to represent the best interests of its citizens; not to be a 'yes' or 'no' person or a lone wolf on the council.

Devon Energy Center is the tallest skyscraper in the state. Replace and fix those windows ASAP.

BoulderSooner
06-10-2020, 12:32 PM
It's a strong counter and I support it. Her perspective is desperately needed on the council.

anti business and anti police ..

yep sounds great

catch22
06-10-2020, 01:02 PM

yep sounds great

more like anti-corporate welfare and anti-police brutality. indeed that does sound great.

dankrutka
06-10-2020, 03:29 PM

yep sounds great

Are those your labels or hers? Just checking.

more like anti-corporate welfare and anti-police brutality. indeed that does sound great.

And, of course, these are stances that have been almost completely absent among White councilors in OKC historically.

EastCoastGator
06-11-2020, 09:47 AM
Are those your labels or hers? Just checking.

And, of course, these are stances that have been almost completely absent among White councilors in OKC historically.

So you're saying the previous City Council members openly came out and specifically supported police brutality over the years? Or are those just your words?

TheTravellers
06-11-2020, 09:50 AM
So you're saying the previous City Council members openly came out and specifically supported police brutality over the years? Or are those just your words?

My take on it - Not having an anti-police-brutality stance != pro-police-brutality.

David
06-11-2020, 02:33 PM
It's certainly an improvement over our city council members that disbanded the city's Human Rights Commission back in the 90s.

For reference: https://twitter.com/davidfholt/status/1271130042098122752

Pete
06-19-2020, 09:12 AM
City of OKC
@cityofokc
·
1h
Sheridan Avenue will be closed from Hudson to Robinson in downtown #OKC from Monday to Wednesday, June 22-24, for glass work on the @DevonEnergy Center Tower.

G.Walker
06-19-2020, 10:58 AM
About time!

OkiePoke
06-19-2020, 03:01 PM
All because it was reported to the Action Center! Great Success!!!

Anonymous.
06-19-2020, 03:03 PM
Can the streetcar still get through?

mugofbeer
06-21-2020, 02:45 PM
My take on it - Not having an anti-police-brutality stance != pro-police-brutality.

There is a great difference between being anti-police-brutality and being anti-police. I don't really see but a nutty few as supporting police brutality. My police relatives are certainly in no way brutal people but loving husbands and parents.

BoulderSooner
06-22-2020, 08:36 AM
All because it was reported to the Action Center! Great Success!!!

this had nothing to do with the reports to the action center

Can the streetcar still get through?
this is a great question

the full route is not effected ... but the bricktown loop may be

David
06-22-2020, 08:53 AM
I was down in Myriad Gardens over the weekend, and I want to say that only the north side of the road was closed off.

OkiePoke
06-22-2020, 10:12 AM
this had nothing to do with the reports to the action center

this is a great question

the full route is not effected ... but the bricktown loop may be

Yeah, it was tongue-in-cheek.

BoulderSooner
06-22-2020, 11:57 AM
Yeah, it was tongue-in-cheek.

my apologies then

Plutonic Panda
06-22-2020, 01:01 PM
There is a great difference between being anti-police-brutality and being anti-police. I don't really see but a nutty few as supporting police brutality. My police relatives are certainly in no way brutal people but loving husbands and parents.
+1

shawnw
06-22-2020, 10:03 PM
See Cody's tweet for possible crane being used to fix windows

https://twitter.com/codylusnia/status/1275238144116510722

David
06-23-2020, 12:11 AM
Well, that answers the question about the Bricktown loop. That is one big crane.

kevin lee
06-23-2020, 03:26 AM
Now it's clear as to why it took so long to replace the broken ones.

Anonymous.
06-23-2020, 07:18 AM
So they must be abandoning the crane based on the roof, unless this is a crane to get repair parts up to the roof crane... lol

GoGators
06-23-2020, 07:54 AM
Maybe they are getting the bottom half with the mobile crane and the top half with the crane on the roof? That mobile crane can only reach a little over halfway up the tower.

BoulderSooner
06-23-2020, 07:56 AM
So they must be abandoning the crane based on the roof, unless this is a crane to get repair parts up to the roof crane... lol

they have been using the roof crane for window washing recently ..

shawnw
06-23-2020, 07:50 PM

crane was gone today, not sure if these are replacement windows with a protective cover or something else...

Pete
06-24-2020, 06:35 AM

crane was gone today, not sure if these are replacement windows with a protective cover or something else...

I don't think they ever used the crane.

I kept an eye all yesterday via webcam and never saw it go up.

I went by with my drone around 1PM and they were already moving parts of it out.

And the windows definitely aren't fixed.

5alive
06-24-2020, 07:14 AM
It sort of looks like protective film that would be placed on the glass...but it makes no sense why it would be left on if that's what it is...very strange about the crane

shawnw
06-24-2020, 08:02 AM
Just saying that I'm in the area at least once a week if not more and it wasn't very long ago that those were boards vs what they are now.

Pete
06-24-2020, 09:48 AM
Just saying that I'm in the area at least once a week if not more and it wasn't very long ago that those were boards vs what they are now.

Understood.

But at the same time, I never saw that crane go up and I haven't seen any photos on social media, either.

It seems like once they got all that equipment on-site, something changed.

3nglnd
06-24-2020, 10:25 AM
I walked past there yesterday afternoon hoping to see all the progress happening and it was strange to see the crane gone, the street re-opened and .... still some cardboard windows.

Maybe next year...