View Full Version : Santa Fe in Norman

z28james
10-04-2009, 08:29 PM
Anyone know why the Santa Fe in Norman closed down? Its weird, it just all the sudden closed down.

Martin
10-04-2009, 08:41 PM
interesting... the one on i-240 & penn closed as well. -M

traemac
10-04-2009, 08:58 PM
according to the website meridian and yukon closed as well

z28james
10-04-2009, 10:01 PM
whats even more odd is that when you go to their website there seems to be more locations in Oklahoma than anywhere else.

Chase
10-05-2009, 12:04 AM
NASHVILLE, TN, Jul 16, 2009 (MARKETWIRE via COMTEX) -- Santa Fe Holding Company (PINKSHEETS: SFHD) announced that it has voluntarily initiated proceedings under Chapter 11 in U.S. Bankruptcy court in Nashville, TN.

Santa Fe intends to use the reorganization process to strengthen its financial position which will improve operating and financial performance. Additionally, the Company will undertake further expense reduction plans to enhance productivity and provide marketing support to expand its loyal customer base.

While 16 new stores built over the last two years have flourished, several of the older units have under performed. Three of those units were closed on July 15.

According to CEO Danny York, "Santa Fe continues to be dedicated to giving customers the freshest food in a friendly atmosphere. The recent filing will allow us to reorganize our company and emerge stronger than ever."

Mr. York added, "Our business decision was made in the best interest of all of our dedicated employees and vendor partners who, like us, believe in the success of this concept. This decision not only protects the approximately 2,300 people we employ, but the hundreds of local businesses they support as consumers."

A DIP loan commitment has been secured and, subject to court approval, will provide funds for operating expenses. Craig Silvey, President of Integris Solutions, will play a key role in helping the Company during the restructuring process.

The company has filed "First Day" motions seeking Bankruptcy Court approval to conduct business as usual. The motions are intended to allow the Company to continue paying employees and vendors during the reorganization process.

MikeLucky
10-05-2009, 11:40 AM
Closed.... hell, I didn't even know it was still open.... Why would you go to Santa Fe in Norman when you have both Saltgrass and Outback within a stone's throw?

Il Dolce Gelato
10-05-2009, 12:22 PM
I heard the one in Yukon closed as well and it only opened about 2 years ago.

Jesseda
10-05-2009, 12:58 PM
where else can i through peanut shells on the floor?????

SoonerDave
10-05-2009, 01:17 PM
where else can i through peanut shells on the floor?????

Texas RoadHouse, an infinitely superior choice over Santa Fe IMHO.

The Santa Fe Steakhouses on Meridian closed about two weeks ago.

To me, no great loss at all. We went there several times, trying to give it plenty of opportunities, and it just got worse each time. Finally gave up....only other time I've been to Santa Fe is out in MWC for a lunch, but their service was HORRENDOUSLY slow. Just another restaurant chain out the door.

kevinpate
10-05-2009, 04:17 PM
been to the Norman DF twice, once shortly after it became the SF, and again back in spring 06, or maybe it was 05, it was a spell ago either way.

Martin
10-05-2009, 04:39 PM
what does 'df' stand for? -M

kevinpate
10-05-2009, 04:41 PM
Depends on how well someone knows me I suppose
8^)

In this instance, coulda shoulda woulda been SF if I could type worth a hoot

Martin
10-05-2009, 04:44 PM
gotcha... i thought maybe it once went by a different name. -M

z28james
10-05-2009, 09:04 PM
It wasnt bad, been there a couple of times, saltgrass and outback is better, but I hate the long lines at outback in Norman and Saltgrass is a bit pricey.

Jesseda
10-07-2009, 12:17 PM
whats wierd is i remmber ryans being in those locations , then ryans disappeared, now ryans is back taking over the old fire mountain location on i-40 heading towards yukon area, could this be a sign of ryans returning? and is this company all the same ryans,fire mountain and santa fe?

Martin
10-07-2009, 12:22 PM
the ryan's & fire mountain brands are owned by the same parent company, ryan's restaurants. as far as i know, santa fe cattle co. is unrelated to ryan's. -M

Jesseda
10-07-2009, 12:36 PM
well thats a relief, im not a ryans fan

SoonerDave
10-13-2009, 09:40 AM
I think there was some relationship between Logan's Roadhouse and Santa Fe Steakhouses at one point. There were a few Logan's around here that became Santa Fe's, then closed altogether.

Santa Fe on Meridian was previously a Tony Roma's BBQ place, which was pretty good, although they changed formats/style several years ago. I went to Tony Roma's in Dallas several years ago, and while its hard to consider any BBQ place "formal" it wasn't exactly a walk-up and chow-down place, either. It sure was good.

Maybe I'm an oddball, but I've never been that enamored of Outback. Been there a few times, and its been OK, but nothing that ever leaves me itching to go back. Don't dislike it, but never had a meal so good that I thought it was a compelling trip back. If friends want to go there some time, yeah, I'd probably tag along..

Actually, odd as it sounds, one of the best steaks I ever had was at the old Harrigan's restaurant on I-240 years ago....marvelously prepared strip steak, great flavor, and fork-tender. Only time I had one any better was one I cooked myself :)

Charlie40
10-13-2009, 11:25 AM
I agree on Harrigan's, The sign is still there at I-240 could rebuild the restaurant in the same location for the Harrigan's comeback and wouldn't be out the expense for the sign :bright_id

ultimatesooner
10-13-2009, 11:46 AM
texas roadhouse > sante fe > outback

haven't been to saltgrass yet so i don't know where to put it in this hierarchy

grantgeneral78
10-13-2009, 05:13 PM
I agree on Harrigan's, The sign is still there at I-240 could rebuild the restaurant in the same location for the Harrigan's comeback and wouldn't be out the expense for the sign :bright_id

Man I miss Harrigan`s yummmmm:kicking:

scootweather
10-21-2009, 01:03 AM
well at least you guys have resturaunts in easy reach. Here in Norman on south side there isn't any reg. ones PLUS in Norman there is ONLY 2 24 hour resteraunt chains.