View Full Version : Ticket Sales

Hondo1
09-30-2009, 09:27 AM
Has anyone heard how single ticket sales are going? What kind of support do you think The Thunder will have this season compared to last?

nwnormanok
10-01-2009, 02:54 PM
That's something I'd really like to know. My wife and I renewed our tickets, and while I know the economy is soft, I was hoping that we would have heard of a cap-out as to season tickets by now. Then, on the other hand, as I recall, the quick sell-out of season tickets seemed to have a chilling effect on walk-ups, as I think a lot of people assumed they couldn't get seats. Perhaps the theory is, assuming season ticket sale are strong, that by keeping quiet, individual game sales and walk-ups will be stronger.

Or maybe tickets aren't selling. I hope that's not the case, but who knows.

Anyone have any inside info from within the organization?

Also, I think sales might be helped (especially up in Loud City) if the Thunder did a Ford Center post-renovation open house. As I understand it, the upper concourse was going to be significantly upgraded.

If memory serves, the arena re-opens for a concert on Saturday, Oct. 3rd. Any word on whether the public, or even season ticket holders, will get a chance to explore the updated digs?

CCOKC
10-03-2009, 10:57 PM
Got my tickets today. When I was picking them up at the post office there was another lady picking hers up as well. Other than that I don't know how the sales are going but they sure do seem to be doing a lot of advertising.

metro
10-05-2009, 09:19 AM
In a down economy like this, especially in a small market, they'd be wise to sell all the season tickets they can and promote the heck out of it.