View Full Version : Park Harvey promotion

metro
09-29-2009, 09:42 AM
Got an email this morning:

Park Harvey Apartments is offering a two bedroom move in special. Rent now and get a two bedroom for the price of a one bedroom! Also recieve a 20% off special for The Park Harvey Fitness Club!

Visit theparkharvey.com or contact Katy at 405-232-3700.

OKCMallen
09-29-2009, 09:47 AM
That's a really good deal...I wonder why they're doing that since they boast such high occupancy? I wonder if they're having trouble renting the apts that have no view...

Midtowner
09-29-2009, 10:01 AM
What have they done about parking since Devon took over the garage they used to use?

OKCMallen
09-29-2009, 10:59 AM
What have they done about parking since Devon took over the garage they used to use?

That's going to be an interesting question for all of us in the coming months.

jmlight
09-30-2009, 11:14 AM
The west-facing unit next to mine has been empty for some time, and it's on an upper floor.

I'm on my second lease now, and my first renewal went up $30, which was the biggest one-year jump I've ever experienced in 15 years of apartment living.

As for parking, I'm still a little unsure what's going on. We received notice from the apartments that the garage would close October 1st, but then received a vague notice from the parking division themselves saying that "most of us" would have access to the garage until December 1st, at which point we would be assisted in relocation. I'm not sure if we're supposed to actively seek another garage for after December 1st or if we're just going to be reassigned. Guess I should call them.

OKCMallen
09-30-2009, 11:29 AM
The west-facing unit next to mine has been empty for some time, and it's on an upper floor.

The thing that blew my mind was that they charged more for higher floors EVEN for the east-facing apartments that have their entire view blocked by Leadership Square. Why would anyone want to pay MORE for the SAME apt that takes a longer elevator ride and has the SAME complete lack of view?

They ought to rethink their price points on those units.

circled9
09-30-2009, 11:54 AM
i used to live in a downtown apartment owned by the same people who own Park Harvey. although we loved downtown, we moved anyway. maybe others are having the same problems we had.

gmwise
09-30-2009, 11:54 AM
When I pass by there I often wondered if the renters are happy with the construction and the mess and noise it must be causing.

jmlight
09-30-2009, 12:49 PM
I've never had a problem with the management. As far as the noise, it's no big deal. Yet. Every morning since I've lived there they slam around those large metal dumpsters, so the additional noise hasn't even been real noticeable to me. Like I said: Yet.

I usually just think, well, time to get up, anyway.:Smiley199

betts
09-30-2009, 12:51 PM
If it's anything like train noise, it's amazing how quickly your brain learns to tune it out. I can't believe that I never, ever notice trains anymore, after just a couple of months of living near them.

OKCMallen
09-30-2009, 01:00 PM
i used to live in a downtown apartment owned by the same people who own Park Harvey. although we loved downtown, we moved anyway. maybe others are having the same problems we had.

Montgomery? What problems did you have: the homeless?