View Full Version : Tulsa makes 2008 GaWC 'World Class Cities' List

Platemaker
09-28-2009, 07:42 PM
I don't think I've seen this on OKCTalk before... interesting.

Tulsa is listed under 'sufficiency' ... I sense the swelling of heads. ;)

GaWC - The World According to GaWC 2008 (http://www.lboro.ac.uk/gawc/world2008t.html)

nik4411
09-28-2009, 08:55 PM
What does this mean?

mugofbeer
09-28-2009, 10:26 PM
Centred in the Geography Department at Loughborough University, this research network focuses upon the external relations of world cities. Although the world/global city literature is premised upon the existence of world-wide transactions, most of the research effort has gone into studying the internal structures of individual cities and comparative analyses of the same. Relations between cities have been neglected by world cities researchers; the Globalization and World Cities (GaWC) Research Network has been formed to aid in rectifying this situation (see Multiple GaWCs - a brief introduction to the multi-facetted nature of GaWC - and Formative Missions for GaWC).

Its apparently a college in Leicestershire, UK -whoopee!

metro
09-29-2009, 07:39 AM
Maybe this will help them in their Olympic Bid.......

nik4411
09-29-2009, 07:43 AM
haha maybe so

thanks mugs, still not quite sure what that means but oh well. i tried looking around their site to see if they had any good about us or what we do type info, but i really didnt find anything that was very clear (to me) in specifying what all of that is really about