View Full Version : Downtown Fitness of Norman

Ender
09-27-2009, 12:20 AM
Anyone have any thoughts of this place? Decent equipment, cleanliness, etc?

Any idea on the rates? Would call, but if someone's got an idea I'd rather avoid the sales pitch if it's not worth it to me.

special43543
01-20-2010, 12:56 PM
I just got out of a long and troubling contract with them. I use to go in the evenings and it was always very slow. No wait time for any of the equipment. They have a lot of machines. They have a small aerobatic room where they do their yoga and "kickboxing" classes. Don't get excited, its like tae boe or something. They have about 7 or so treadmills. They are pretty nice and up to date. One stationary bike for cardio. Their free weight selection is decent, but again not a lot of people there on my experience. The staff isn't the greatest, and is where my problems came it.

I stopped going to the gym about march of 09' and had been trying to cancel my membership since then. I officially closed the account (with $300 due apparently) a few days ago, January 10'. Their staff is slow and there are a lot of new people. No one really knows what is going on, so I heard a billion different things from each different person.

Overall it's not a terrible gym...fairly clean and not busy. Just make sure you harass them about canceling when you do cancel. And speak with Chris. He knows what he is doing (I think).

Edit: Oh ya, pricing for me was $38 monthly. Single adult.

rcjunkie
01-20-2010, 02:20 PM
While searching for a gym, I visited 4 in Norman, this being one, wasn't impressed and all they offered was a long term contract. Joined All American Fitness at I-35 and Robinson, no contract, minimal enrollment fee and $21 per month. I also like the 24 hour card access, I'm retired and sleep whenever, If I'm up at 2 in the morning and feel like working out I can.
They have trainers on staff 8:AM--9:PM, not sure the rate for personal training.