View Full Version : Sprint's new HTC Hero

Tex
09-22-2009, 07:58 PM
Any mobile phone techies excited about the release of the new Hero? Sprint is launching a modified version of the European Hero here in the U.S.A. The reviews seem pretty good and there's a lot of buzz around it.

For $179.99 I can upgrade to the Hero and stay on their $69.99 Any mobile, Anytime plan which AT&T can't even touch. I've always told myself I'm getting the iphone when my contract with Sprint is up in January but this phone might give the iphone a run for its money. Plus, I hear a lot about the AT&T network being bogged down by the tons of iphone users and their data plans.

Sprint | Coming soon. Only from Sprint. The HTC Hero? with Google. (http://www.sprintenterprise.com/hero/?id9=vanity:hero)

http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/bto/20090903/HTC_Hero_270x405.jpg

icemncmth
10-11-2009, 07:28 AM
I am running Hero on my Goggle phone. It is pretty cool. It is the Android OS so it has been around for a while. The Market is a great place to get apps. I'm not a big fan of touch screen only and that is why I went with the G1. Another reason is since it is a Linux OS you can always hack it and run what you want.

bluedogok
10-11-2009, 10:21 AM
I have not been happy with AT&T lately at "big" events, I couldn't get calls in/out and absolutely no data at the OU-BYU game, with 30,000 sf of signboard telling me that AT&T is the Official Provider of Cowboys Stadium you would think they would have enough capacity. I also ran into the lack of data access at Invesco at Mile High in Denver for the Broncos-Cowboys game last weekend. I have been with AT&T for over 10 years starting out with SWBMS in OKC, the coverage seems to have declined in my experience especially in Austin, I always seemed to have better coverage in OKC than Austin.

The only one that I would switch to is Verizon, with riding motorcycles out in the Hill Country I know that many with Sprint or T-Mobile have even less coverage outside of the major metros or off the interstates. If the majority of your time is spent in their coverage areas then Sprint/T-Mobile are pretty good, my parents and my sister are on T-Mobile OKC and like the service.