View Full Version : ODOT Traffic Camera Access

kd5ili
09-21-2009, 08:15 PM
Don't know if this has been touched on before (I did do a search but found nothing), so I thought that I would put it out there...if it's already been brought up feel free to delete this thread. You can now access the ODOT traffic cameras online.

Oklahoma Pathfinder :: Camera Image Use Agreement (http://www.oktraffic.org/cam_agree.php)

-Chris-

Thunder
09-22-2009, 06:53 AM
Pretty nice, but only better if the images were actually streaming videos.

hipsterdoofus
09-22-2009, 06:57 AM
Yeah they've been up for months - pretty useless to those of us coming from Edmond though.

PennyQuilts
09-22-2009, 06:20 PM
Pathetically, I actually look at it when I get sick of the traffic congestion back east or when I get tremendously homesick.

dmoor82
09-23-2009, 06:42 PM
Yeah they've been up for months - pretty useless to those of us coming from Edmond though.

^ pretty useless anyway they are stil photos updated every ??? minutes? my GPS is more helpful, and the Weather Channel has a traffic monitor!

Doug Loudenback
09-24-2009, 08:31 AM
It would be really nice were some aerials of the new crosstown's development were available. As far as I'm aware, they aren't.

Martin
09-24-2009, 09:03 AM
it would be really nice were some aerials of the new crosstown's development were available.

you might find something here: www.40forward.com (http://www.40forward.com)

-M

Doug Loudenback
09-24-2009, 09:46 AM
Thanks a bunch Martin!

OKCisOK4me
09-24-2009, 11:24 AM
It would be really nice were some aerials of the new crosstown's development were available. As far as I'm aware, they aren't.

They (40forward) just had an update of about 50 photos. Of course, the last set was the ones dated '7/17/2009' and the count then was 870. Now it's up to 926 and there's only 1 new photo. I sent them an email and hope they get it figured out real soon.

They usually update the gallery every four or five weeks and I can't imagine there was a lot to update with all the recent rain.

hipsterdoofus
09-24-2009, 01:38 PM
I wish ODOT has as much info on other projects as I-40 - understandably, on filling a pothole, you don't need info, but I would have liked updates on projects like the Broadway Extension over Memorial & Kelley (I still am not sure why Kelley isn't open yet). If it affects that many thousands of people a week, there should be at least occasional updates, but their site doesn't have a traffic projects update area that i see.

OKCisOK4me
09-24-2009, 03:43 PM
I wish ODOT has as much info on other projects as I-40 - understandably, on filling a pothole, you don't need info, but I would have liked updates on projects like the Broadway Extension over Memorial & Kelley (I still am not sure why Kelley isn't open yet). If it affects that many thousands of people a week, there should be at least occasional updates, but their site doesn't have a traffic projects update area that i see.

Right in the middle of the page:

40 Forward: Oklahoma's I-40 Crosstown Expressway (http://www.40forward.com/)

"Traffic Advisories"

Click on that and it takes you to ODOT's "Traffax", which has the last few updated daily PDF files stating what projects are in and around the OKC area (including Broadway Extension/Memorial/Kelly) ;-)

PennyQuilts
09-24-2009, 04:27 PM
Great site - thanks!