View Full Version : The Service Station

nik4411
09-20-2009, 04:12 PM
Neat looking restaurant in Norman. So can anyone tell me about this place? Every time I drive by, I tell myself I am going to try it sometime, but still never have.

kevinpate
09-20-2009, 04:14 PM
Been a while since I stepped in, but every time I have eaten there it is tasty, and it is usually full. Not the hanging outside waiting for 30 minutes to get in full, but I can't ever recall going in and wondering sheesh, where is everyone today.

bluedogok
09-20-2009, 04:24 PM
The one on Webster north of Campus Corner?

Years ago we used to meet there for every home game, it was pretty good food. I have been in there when it was fairly empty but that was on non-game weekdays. It has been awhile since I have been there, since we are coming up for the K-State game we may have to try to stop in there.

easternobserver
09-20-2009, 05:22 PM
Food is real good. Somehow, never think of it as a place to go eat -- not sure why. Will have to go again real soon.

nik4411
09-20-2009, 05:27 PM
Awesome. Well I am going to try and make it there this week hopefully

kevinpate
09-20-2009, 07:51 PM
When I go out these days it is typically Chinese or BBQ, so I just don't get there often.
Spaking of which, the new buffet on Ed Noble Parkway was right tasty the other night, except for one offering that struck me as hmmm, not enough of this for one pan, that weither, mix them together and see if anyone notices.

i did, too late, but i did. the rest was yummy.

As was Vann's for lunch recently.

RealJimbo
09-21-2009, 04:04 PM
When I go out these days it is typically Chinese or BBQ, so I just don't get there often.
Spaking of which, the new buffet on Ed Noble Parkway was right tasty the other night, except for one offering that struck me as hmmm, not enough of this for one pan, that weither, mix them together and see if anyone notices.

i did, too late, but i did. the rest was yummy.

As was Vann's for lunch recently.

If you are a BBQ fan, when in north OKC, try BBQ Chop Shop on N. May near Wilshire.

I personally love the Service Station. Good food, fun atmosphere. You have my vote.

MsDarkstar
09-21-2009, 08:24 PM
I haven't been to the Serice Station in quite a while, but I used to go there pretty regularly & the food was always good (I don't find myself in Norman nearly as much as I used to). Everything is car oriented...fries are dip sticks, onion rings are "O-rings", and fried mushroom caps are hubcaps. Fun place!