View Full Version : South Side Recycling

Premio
09-17-2009, 09:39 AM
All,

Does anyone know of somewhere on the south side (104th and S. Penn) that I can take my paper and plastic recycling? I am currently in an apartment and don't have the city's service for this.

Thanks.

metro
09-18-2009, 08:43 AM
Most schools and churches have paper recycling dumpsters. As to your plastic, maybe a friend who has a house nearby would let you use their "little blue"? Living downtown I have to go out of my way to recycle since the City doesn't provide it downtown, you just have to get creative and find places.

soonerguru
09-18-2009, 08:51 AM
I think apartment communities should be encouraged to develop recycling plans. Not a mandate, just a suggestion. As a former apartment dweller I always wondered about that, too.

Some of us aren't disciplined enough to haul all of our stuff to recycling bins outside our communities.

metro
09-18-2009, 08:56 AM
I think apartment communities should be encouraged to develop recycling plans. Not a mandate, just a suggestion. As a former apartment dweller I always wondered about that, too.

Some of us aren't disciplined enough to haul all of our stuff to recycling bins outside our communities.

I think it SHOULD be a City Ordinance. City is too lazy to require such a thing. What a better way to get recyling in an efficient manner than multi-family housing.

Charlie40
09-18-2009, 09:10 AM
Just toss it in the trash and your done. Recycleing is for the birds.

euphjay
09-18-2009, 06:39 PM
I live in Montclair Parc too. We take our recycling to Norman. The Homeland on Lindsay street has an excellent assortment of bins for all kinds of items. I haven't found anything like that in the S. OKC/Moore area.