View Full Version : oklahoma aquarium

Jesseda
09-15-2009, 10:39 AM
hi everyone, I am taking my son for his birthday up to tulsa area to see the oklahoma aquarium, my question is, is there any coupon online i can find for this place? and also in the riverwalk area is there anything for kids to do or places to shop for kids in that area?

Thunder
09-15-2009, 11:53 AM
Unless they completely relocated the entire place, I thought they are in Jenks?

metro
09-15-2009, 12:29 PM
Thunder, Jenks is a suburb of Tulsa. The forum is called Tulsa & Suburbs. You're really losing your credibility on this site.

kevinpate
09-15-2009, 01:31 PM
did not find a coupon source in any of the typical suspect spots. school groups and scouting related are the only discounts I can recall seeing in the past for this attraction.

Patrick
09-15-2009, 03:38 PM
The Riverwalk area really doesn't have much for kids, other than a movie theater. Also has a few restaurants and few shops, but other than that, not much.

John1744
09-16-2009, 07:44 PM
I think there is a Marble Slab Ice Cream shop in the little shopping center over there.

Jesseda
09-28-2009, 08:18 AM
well i visted the aquarium, it was nice, a little smaller then what i imagined. We seen everything in about ahour and half, we feed th stingraysm which cost $3.00 for one shrimp cut up into three pieces.. the only thing that seemed really awwww was the walk through shark tank, which is all the way walk through, it was really neat to see the sharks swimming around you. To me if okc zoo added the shark walk through it would just as good as the oklahoma aquarium though, but the oklahoma aquarium is growing they are adding sea turle area, which looks nice in the pics.. The drive from okc cost $4.00 toll to tulsa, .75 cent toll on creek turnpike, so $9.50 round trip, kinda pricy....

kevinpate
09-28-2009, 04:23 PM
Next time you wanna visit, unless you're fairly well on the north side, it's not really all that much further to take I-40 to US 75 and turn north at Henryetta.

Jesseda
09-29-2009, 08:31 AM
i noticed that on yahoo maps, i didnt have a road map in the car, so i didnt want to get lost. I will try that next time, it might bea nice drive seeing smaller towns on the way

Huxlly
11-27-2009, 05:01 AM
I think snow falls coming there. Take serious is better.

MadMonk
11-27-2009, 10:12 AM
Are you real or are you an auto-posting piece of code?

Jesseda
12-15-2010, 10:09 AM
does anybody know if they are still planinng a large sea turtle exhibit, last year when i visited that was the big talk and ads where showing it off, but i dont see any info anymore about it?

earlywinegareth
06-23-2011, 11:29 AM
I prefer a leisurely drive on Route 66 to get there with a couple tourist stops along the way. The shark tank is pretty cool alright. I liked the OK fish exhibit also, especially the paddlefish. I've seen paddlefish in NE OK lakes, but watching how they drop their jaws to feed was amazing. Learned paddlefish are prehistoric.

http://www.okaquarium.org/exhibits.php