View Full Version : I guess I better be careful about what I wish for........

Jay
02-03-2005, 01:10 AM
Some of you will remember my quotes from the Southside Update Post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Well I hate say this but, I think we need an F-5 to strike southside have it start about lets say 82nd and Shields, move all the way down Shields, and stop somewhere around 47th street."

"Oh and maybe a smaller Tornado that would spin off of this same storm and Turn Valley Brook into an open pasture."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well I was playing around on almanac.com the site for the Old Farmers Almanac.
Old Farmers is usually 80% accurate in thier long range forecasts. Here is what I found.

November 2004 - October 2005

Winter will be cold and dry, with temperatures three to four degrees below normal, on average, and precipitation will be much less than normal. February will be one of the coldest months ever, with the coldest temperatures of the winter in the first part of the month. Other cold periods will occur in late November, late December, mid-January, and mid- and late February. Snowfall will be above normal in the north and east, with the snowiest periods in late December and early, mid-, and late February.

April and May will be warmer and drier than normal, with a major tornado outbreak in late April.

Summer will be rainy, with frequent thunderstorms providing relief from heat but not humidity. Temperatures will be below normal in the north and above normal in the south. The hottest periods will be late June, early and mid-July, and early August.

September and October will be warmer and drier than normal.

February, 2005, Forecasts for
Region 11: Texas-Oklahoma
Average Temperature: 38° (10° below avg.);

Precipitation: 1" (1" below avg.)

February 1-4: Sunny, mild

February 5-8: Cold, snow and rain

February 9-16: Rain, chilly

February 17-20: Cold, snow; rain north

February 21-28: Rain; snow north, then record cold