View Full Version : iPhone 3.1 Upgrade Trouble

flintysooner
09-13-2009, 06:29 AM
All sorts of problems being reported by users who have upgraded to 3.1.

I've had several problems. My landscape mode entirely stopped and PUSH quit working on mail but is set. Totally changed application screens.

I tried restoring to 3.0.1 but was unable. Probably have to downgrade iTunes to previous version.

woodyrr
09-13-2009, 01:55 PM
Having been there when Apple released firmware version 2 which broke email fetching, and then spent close to a century releasing a fix, I hear you.

Which iPhone do you have? I upgraded both my 3Gs and my "Original" iPhones this morning and have not experienced the problems that are being reported. I just drove from Midwest City to Norman and back playing the 3Gs iPod through the car stereo and used very little of the battery. Landscape works in every application that I could think of to check. I don't subscribe to a service that pushes email, so I cannot speak to that, however both iPhones fetch according to plan. I hope that Apple gets you a patch quickly.

flintysooner
09-13-2009, 02:17 PM
I have 3G and an appt with Apple Store.

But on Twitter now and lots of news (http://news.google.com/news?q=iphone+3.1+update+problems&oe=utf-8&rlz=1R1MOZA_en___US325&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&ei=7tmsSofvDpXUM-uz8fIN&sa=X&oi=news_group&ct=title&resnum=1).

Looks like people are having all sorts of different problems. I know several other users and we are all having different problems.

bluedogok
09-13-2009, 02:20 PM
I guess I will wait awhile before updating.

FritterGirl
09-13-2009, 02:38 PM
No problems on our end (husband and I). *knocks on wood*

flintysooner
09-15-2009, 06:43 AM
Apple store just gave me a new iPhone.

metro
09-21-2009, 09:42 AM
Always wait awhile before updating to new software versions, users actually have to use the software for awhile before bugs are discovered, then they have to be fixed.