View Full Version : OU Pay Per View?

Karried
09-11-2009, 03:37 PM
wow, is this true Idaho vs OU Pay per View? $39.95

kevinpate
09-11-2009, 04:01 PM
yep.

If the thought of ever missing a game sends deep chills down a spine, it's a right fair price. Conversely, if you enjoy a game from time to time, but don't live for it, there are many other enjoyable ways to thin down one's wallet.

Karried
09-11-2009, 04:04 PM
Fox and Hound on Memorial - no cover... and I think Coaches has no cover either but call to confirm.

jstanthrnme
09-11-2009, 04:09 PM
For about the same price, you could probably find a ticket to the game. With last weeks showing and a good chance of rain tommorow I'm pretty sure there won't be much of a demand for unused tickets.

SoonerDave
09-11-2009, 05:39 PM
For about the same price, you could probably find a ticket to the game. With last weeks showing and a good chance of rain tommorow I'm pretty sure there won't be much of a demand for unused tickets.

With persistent forecasts of very heavy rain all weekend, a judicious shopper should be able to get in for ten bucks or less tomorrow afternoon in Norman...even free.

A *little* rain doesn't keep people away, but a *lot* of rain will.

BTW, I think $39.95 for the game NOT in HD is absurd.

bluedogok
09-11-2009, 08:34 PM
I'll get it, not many other options here in Austin to watch the game.

HVAC Instructor
09-11-2009, 08:43 PM
Don't think so. I'd watch PBS first....

venture
09-12-2009, 05:10 PM
Some people spend money on various hobbies way more than $40...don't see any difference here if you have a passion for OU football.

Thunder
09-12-2009, 09:36 PM
Karrie, you should've gone for it. $40 is well worth it, considering you get to scream, jump up and down, scream, fall down everywhere, scream, clapping, thumping, drinking, and whatever crazy things you do. Why? Well... Look at the scores and the plays. :-)

stratosphere
09-13-2009, 06:45 PM
I ordered the game, and i have no regrets with paying the $40 except that it was not in HD and the coverage wasn't very good. But it beat sitting out there in the pouring rain, i suppose. Good job to OU btw, they played a perfect game especially considering all of the circumstances and the rain. It will get tougher though...

AAC2005
09-14-2009, 07:27 AM
I ordered the game, and i have no regrets with paying the $40 except that it was not in HD and the coverage wasn't very good.

Thank you, I thought it was just me who thought things didn't look right. What was up with the constant "faraway" shots? I saw players moving, but had no idea what was going on until they ran the replay. Weird.

Believe it or not, this was the very first time I had ever used pay-per-view, but it wasn't the experience I had hoped for. Good game, though!:congrats:

Karried
09-14-2009, 08:24 AM
I went to a friend's house.. it was fun... I wouldn't have paid that personally though.