View Full Version : An Open Invitation to everyone...

SoonerQueen
09-03-2009, 11:52 PM
OKC Tea Party Rally and Solidarity March

Sunday September 13, 2009

3pm - North Plaza - Ok State Capitol

Brought to you by the non-partisan Okc Tea Party

Sponsors of the April 15th Tea Party

OKC Tea Party (http://www.okcteaparty.org/)

venture
09-04-2009, 12:06 PM
Nice website. Interesting that comments are disabled on all areas of the website. I guess this is to avoid hearing from supporters and critics alike?

A "Kids Section"? Really? And people are having an issue with the President talking to kids. Granted it is empty like the majority of the site, but the layout is nice.

Best of luck with your organizing efforts. Hopefully you are true to your cause...

OKC Tea Party About (http://www.okcteaparty.org/about/)

We are determined patriots, whose minds and hearts are fixed on the noble purpose of restoring the limited Republican form of government the Founders created in 1789.

So which party platform do you all support? The Federalists? The Democratic-Republicans? How well do even 10% of the folks that go to your rallies truly understand American history?

Easy180
09-04-2009, 08:31 PM
Brought to you by the non-partisan Okc Tea Party

OKC Tea Party (http://www.okcteaparty.org/)

And sponsored by non-partisan Fox News

J/K

hagrid
09-04-2009, 09:25 PM
Thanks, but I am the wrong color. My perceptions of the tea party's are they are primarily a white's only gathering.

I am Native American. It was pretty sickening to see them don the pretend feathers mimicking Native Americans.

Have fun. I shall respectfully agree to disagree with you folks on the whole tea party gathering.

And no, I am not a liberal, nor do I think Obama is a savior. So don't even go there.

gmwise
09-04-2009, 09:40 PM
The Tea Parties is for the parents of skin heads/white supremacists groups, that they can join openly.
Fat headed slow witted drunk POS.
They just cant get over the fact while they assume others will be just as racist as themselves in not electing a black man as POTUS, they sat at home and didnt vote and now they are behaving as traitors to this UNION.
This Union is far from being perfect, and they cant see that it is not as perfect for everyone as it was for them.

MadMonk
09-04-2009, 10:46 PM
Or, they could be people who disagree with how the president has run things. It all depends on your prejudicial view of things.

so1rfan
09-04-2009, 11:37 PM
Non-partisan??

PennyQuilts
09-05-2009, 07:09 AM
Thanks, but I am the wrong color. My perceptions of the tea party's are they are primarily a white's only gathering.

I am Native American. It was pretty sickening to see them don the pretend feathers mimicking Native Americans.

Have fun. I shall respectfully agree to disagree with you folks on the whole tea party gathering.

And no, I am not a liberal, nor do I think Obama is a savior. So don't even go there.

How can you tell they aren't Native American? Plenty of NA I know are blond haired and blue eyed, or otherwise look just like "white" people.

PennyQuilts
09-05-2009, 07:10 AM
The Tea Parties is for the parents of skin heads/white supremacists groups, that they can join openly.
Fat headed slow witted drunk POS.
They just cant get over the fact while they assume others will be just as racist as themselves in not electing a black man as POTUS, they sat at home and didnt vote and now they are behaving as traitors to this UNION.
This Union is far from being perfect, and they cant see that it is not as perfect for everyone as it was for them.

You poor thing.

hagrid
09-05-2009, 07:52 AM
How can you tell they aren't Native American? Plenty of NA I know are blond haired and blue eyed, or otherwise look just like "white" people.

That's a good question.

Respect for the eagle feathers, and their use in ceremonials is a pretty good indication of their mindset. I also know plenty of white-blond haired people who have Native ancestry. But if they are raised within their cultural ties, especially here in Oklahoma, they learn to respect the traditional ways of our people.

Or, they could be people who disagree with how the president has run things. It all depends on your prejudicial view of things.

Or...the tea partiers do not like the President period, regardless of what he does or doesn't do, that is pre-judging. Prejudicial being the operative word here. If someone is against Obama, it seems that no matter what the POTUS does or doesn't do, they are against it, him, and whatever policy being discussed.

If the tea party were representative of people (of all races, party lines, etc) simply disagreeing with how the country is being run or simply did not like the way the POTUS is running things, I would be inclined to listen.

Like speaking to school children. Quite a bit of stir there. Wasn't "W" speaking to an elementary school class when he found out about 9/11? I don't seem to remember people getting their panties in a bunch over "W" going to speak to a classroom.

gmwise
09-05-2009, 01:56 PM
You poor thing.

BTW!!! you got me sick...I made fun of your swine flu, and you hex me. you have some bad voodoo..winks

PennyQuilts
09-05-2009, 02:14 PM
Respect for the eagle feathers, and their use in ceremonials is a pretty good indication of their mindset. I also know plenty of white-blond haired people who have Native ancestry. But if they are raised within their cultural ties, especially here in Oklahoma, they learn to respect the traditional ways of our people.

That makes sense. Thanks.

PennyQuilts
09-05-2009, 02:17 PM
BTW!!! you got me sick...I made fun of your swine flu, and you hex me. you have some bad voodoo..winks

Oh, I am so sorry. I hope you feel better very soon. Maybe you just have a bad summer cold - rest and drink fluids.

If I'd have been doing any hexing, it would have been something more spectacular like measles or chicken pox!

MadMonk
09-05-2009, 04:34 PM
Or...the tea partiers do not like the President period, regardless of what he does or doesn't do, that is pre-judging.

Of course you know the minds of all the people attending those "tea parties". Nothing prejudicial about that...nope.

If the tea party were representative of people (of all races, party lines, etc) simply disagreeing with how the country is being run or simply did not like the way the POTUS is running things, I would be inclined to listen.

What does "An open invitation to everyone..." mean to you?

Like speaking to school children. Quite a bit of stir there. Wasn't "W" speaking to an elementary school class when he found out about 9/11? I don't seem to remember people getting their panties in a bunch over "W" going to speak to a classroom.
No, he was reading a book to the class, not giving an address to them (well, technically he was actually speaking.) :wink:

kevinpate
09-05-2009, 04:36 PM
Hmmm, I do enjoy a good nonpartisan gathering, one where there is no adherence to one particular set of views, where all are treated with respect and dignity, irrespective of race, creed, religious views, political affiliation, goals for the direction of government in the future.

Is that the type of gathering that is contemplated, a gathering free of bias and discrimination of views? If so, might be interesting.

Conversely, if this is a gathering for we all think alike and we think differently than mainstream repubs, dems and other known organized parties, and we only want the like
minded around us when we gather, it will likely hold less interest to me. and I'll probably do something else that day, like maybe go hang with some True Blood fanatics for the end of season show that night.

hagrid
09-05-2009, 06:00 PM
Of course you know the minds of all the people attending those "tea parties". Nothing prejudicial about that...nope.

No sir, I do not know the minds of all the people attending the tea parties, never said I did. MadMonk, I would rather hear you discuss the topic at hand, as I do value your opinion. If you are going to resort to taunts and flames, we can simply agree to disagree. I figured at least one person would start in on me, so it might as well be you.

Protesting the government is great. It is what brings about change. IMO, there will be some folks there who hate Obama and it has nothing whatsoever to do with racism. OTOH, a little leftover collective anger at losing the election with a justifiable cause equals a great opportunity!

BTW, IMO the country is also being run by the congress and not just the POTUS. And the debt, the economy, and the taxes, health plan etc etc are not new problems that just popped up. But hey, someone's got to be nailed to the cross, right? No pun intended.

I wonder how many have read the bills, educate themselves on the issues, instead of going off of Rush Limbaugh's rhetoric or some other media hype or talk show.

What does "An open invitation to everyone..." mean to you?

We can post questions all day back and forth. If you wish to state an opinion, great, I will read it, learn what I can and move forward. You don't need my definitions to state your opinions, so let's fore go the basic comprehension of the english language questions.

No, he was reading a book to the class, not giving an address to them (well, technically he was actually speaking.) :wink:

The children are the future and let's face it, their future looks like it will be a challenge. Personally, I have never felt like any president was trying to "brainwash" the children by speaking to them. And I still don't.

MadMonk
09-05-2009, 08:38 PM
No sir, I do not know the minds of all the people attending the tea parties, never said I did.

MadMonk, I would rather hear you discuss the topic at hand, as I do value your opinion. If you are going to resort to taunts and flames, we can simply agree to disagree. I figured at least one person would start in on me, so it might as well be you.
Snark maybe, but taunts and flames? Please. You stated your opinion of how the "tea partiers" feel about Obama and I called you on it. You and others here have painted this group with a pretty broad brush lately. What in their stated goals leads you to the conclusion that these people simply hate Obama rather than having serious, reasonable reservations about how the man is running things?

Protesting the government is great. It is what brings about change. IMO, there will be some folks there who hate Obama and it has nothing whatsoever to do with racism. OTOH, a little leftover collective anger at losing the election with a justifiable cause equals a great opportunity!

Except those upset with our president come from more than just the Republican party. As the populace begins to realize it was mistake to elect Obama, a little collective anger is natural and the president's approval ratings reflect this. As was pointed out elsewhere, they are still higher than Bush's ratings over the latter part of his term, but no president has fallen so far, so fast before.

I wonder how many have read the bills, educate themselves on the issues, instead of going off of Rush Limbaugh's rhetoric or some other media hype or talk show.

LOL, Congress or the teapPartiers? :wink: I wonder how many who instantly turn to calling the tea party folk racists or any other juvenile pejoratives make the effort to listen to their point of view.

We can post questions all day back and forth. If you wish to state an opinion, great, I will read it, learn what I can and move forward. You don't need my definitions to state your opinions, so let's fore go the basic comprehension of the english language questions.

Okay, I'll rephrase it as a statement. You either missed or chose to ignore the title of the thread that specifically states that everyone is invited and implied that "everyone" doesn't really mean your race or party. In my opinion you were either mistaken or being intentionally misleading. I gave you the benefit of the doubt.

hagrid
09-05-2009, 10:48 PM
Snark maybe, but taunts and flames? Please.

Please. My sentiments exactly. Snarky remarks are fine, have at it. BTDT. I remember the old listservs and academic forums where the fine art of professional snarkicisms prevail and can be quite amusing for those so inclined. My god, that brings back memories. Ever try talking to a PhD in Philosophy on any subject?

You stated your opinion of how the "tea partiers" feel about Obama and I called you on it. You and others here have painted this group with a pretty broad brush lately.

I thought I stated pretty clearly that there WERE also folks who are educated, informed, and simply wanting to protest the government at the tea parties. Can I have my broad paint brush back? It's MINE! LOL

What in their stated goals leads you to the conclusion that these people simply hate Obama rather than having serious, reasonable reservations about how the man is running things?

If you are going to use the stated goals as the basis of your argument, we can say the goals of any organization, whether it be OHP, NAACP or the KKK do not always reflect the actions of those in the party.

The US constitution and the Bible have some pretty sound advice in them, but does every American or Christian reflect those stated goals? The Tea Party is what it is, and what it is supposed to be is not always what it turns out to be. Some things sound good on paper.

Speaking of reservations, I reserve the right to keep an open mind. After all, I work in one of the most christian conservative states there is, and yet I manage to get along with most of the folks in this state.

Except those upset with our president come from more than just the Republican party. As the populace begins to realize it was mistake to elect Obama, a little collective anger is natural and the president's approval ratings reflect this. As was pointed out elsewhere, they are still higher than Bush's ratings over the latter part of his term, but no president has fallen so far, so fast before.

The whole idea of conservative, independant and liberal becomes ineffective at times. Blind partisanship can lock up a congress and it does the same for communication at Tea Party levels. Besides, there are so many single-issue voters, that gets old too. I try not to be a rep or dem or anything else. I have always been a big picture kind of person.

My personal view is the President, any President has to rely on experts on so many areas, I don't see the President as "runnng things". I think he is advised and then some aspects in life are beyond the govt's control.

As for Presidential ratings falling, I think no where in history has the various media, TV, radio, internet, RUSH, etc played such a heavy hand in deciding how the President is doing.

LOL, Congress or the teapPartiers? :wink: I wonder how many who instantly turn to calling the tea party folk racists or any other juvenile pejoratives make the effort to listen to their point of view.

And I wonder how many of those, who call those "who instantly turn to calling the tea party folk racists or other juvenile pejoratives", really make the effort to see their own behavior for what it really is?

You see, the whole idea of the Tea Party is based on some historical act, isn't it? Boston Tea Party? And the whole idea of a Tea Party is to protest the government's actions, right?

But when I see a bunch of racist icons and signs being held by a mostly white group, I say, eh, ya'll go ahead and protest without me. A friend of mine, a Native went to the last one. She said she had to leave. I do think if there were a concerted effort to include all races and party lines, I would be more inclined to go. But I still stick to my OP.

My take on it is, there should be no us vs them. We are all in this big mess together. All tribes, party lines, socio-economic, etc.

And a little understanding of economics, e.g. that taxes are necessary etc, goes a long way. There are no quick fixes. And if the status quo had the answer, they sure didn't share it during the last 8 years.

Okay, I'll rephrase it as a statement. You either missed or chose to ignore the title of the thread that specifically states that everyone is invited and implied that "everyone" doesn't really mean your race or party. In my opinion you were either mistaken or being intentionally misleading. I gave you the benefit of the doubt.

Thank you. And I return the favor as I give you the benefit of the doubt to understand the title of this thread, that everyone is invited is misleading. If a tea party is primarily white conservative Obama haters, then it is obvious that no, not EVERYONE is invited.

There are many ways to bring about change, and the tea party is but one way. I hope you enjoy your next tea party, and I hope it brings about whatever change you seek.